From Ryan Yemen

Positional Rankings: QB RB FB WR TE OT OG C - DE DT ILB OLB S CB - K P

Position: Quarterback

School: Louisville

Height: 6-4

Weight: 225

40-Yard Dash: 4.95 (EST)

Positives:

Brohm has a very similar body type to Brady Quinn. He's tall and stands with poise. He moves well around the pocket and his patience allows plays to fully develop. He has speed and can be a threat on the ground if necessary, but also like Quinn, prefers to work with his arm rather than his feet.

His arm is as good as they come (just ask the MLB team that drafted him). He throws a great deep ball but more importantly, the majority of his passes have touch, making it easy for his receivers to pick up yardage after the catch.

Often forgotten is that Brohm has been under the microscope since high school. In 2002 he was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated as one the nations top young quarterbacks. Thus far he is unphased by the spotlight. He doesn't make the mind-bending mistakes that most young QBs tend to when under pressure. His calm and confident nature is the keystone to success as a QB in the NFL.

Negatives:

There are only two major problems on Brohm s resume; injuries and touchdowns. Durability is a major question. Anyone looking at Brohm has to be concerned. In 2005 he tore his ACL. Despite the tear, he went through a Carson Palmer-like rehabilitation and was able to start the season opener for his Louisville Cardinals.

Just a few games into the 2006 season, Brohm broke his hand. The hand required surgery and he was forced to sit for a month.

Overview:

When healthy Brohm is one of the best play callers in the nation. He has a Tom Brady swagger with a Carson Palmer-like arm. He's big and strong and makes sound decisions for his team. However, he has a downside that the other top quarterback's don't and that's durability. He appears to be relatively fragile and that could scare teams away from taking him high in the first round of the draft.

Projection: Early First Round

I try to keep my mind open to these suggestions. The only way I would take a QB in the first round is if we manage to sign a very good DT in free agency. If we were to land Haynesworth, then I would be happy to take a QB.

Keep in mind that the assessment of Brohm that you posted is more like a fluff piece from a local newspaper. I have seen write ups of him that make him sound pretty much average.

Both of your second rounders may go before your first rounder unless the Falcons lose their **** minds and really reach for a QB in the first, Brohm is a 20 to 25 QB, Most sites have Rivers going in the 10 to 15 range and he is a smaller OLB not an ILB, and Williams going in the 15 to 20 range.

No if you are suggesting the Falcons trade down to the 20- 25 range then I wouldn't be upset at that, there would still be other players I would rather have.

birdweiserrr (2/3/2008)
Brohm does get injured a lot. Look at guys like Brady, Manning, Favre....... I know we'd take whoever was the next of any of those guys if we knew, but I don't think Brohm has shown that he can stay healthy.

I didn't say it would be a good pick. I just said I feel better about Brohm than Ryan. I heard someone use the excuse of Ryan not having talent surrounding him and that was why his numbers aren't all that impressive. Well, Brohm didn't either and his numbers were far better than Ryan's.

Guest Libid21

Brohm's not that bad of a pick but there's no way we should draft him in the top 5. If anything, I would down around the Top 20 mark and see if we can pick up an extra first/second round pick. Then if Brohm is gone by then, trade down yet again to draft someone like Ryan Clady, Chris Williams, Jeff Otah, or someone like that and pick up yet another second round pick. That would give us two extra day one picks and potentially 4 second round picks.

I'm very interested in drafting Ryan, but I've heard that he laughed when an interviewer asked him what he thought about going to Atlanta to play for us.

bgarcia28 (2/3/2008)
I try to keep my mind open to these suggestions. The only way I would take a QB in the first round is if we manage to sign a very good DT in free agency. If we were to land Haynesworth, then I would be happy to take a QB.

Keep in mind that the assessment of Brohm that you posted is more like a fluff piece from a local newspaper. I have seen write ups of him that make him sound pretty much average.

Haynesworth will be re-signed by Tennessee. I wouldn't sign a QB in the first round at all. Especially if Darren McFadden is still on the board. But aside from him the Falcons are in desperate need at OT. Jake Long should be the pick, regardless of the lack of sex appeal that selection would offer. So if McFadden is gone, go Long. That's my two cents' worth.

cshot4 (2/3/2008)
keep coleman, sign grady back for our DT positions

Brian Brohm

From Ryan Yemen

Positives:

Brohm has a very similar body type to Brady Quinn. He's tall and stands with poise. He moves well around the pocket and his patience allows plays to fully develop. He has speed and can be a threat on the ground if necessary, but also like Quinn, prefers to work with his arm rather than his feet.

His arm is as good as they come (just ask the MLB team that drafted him). He throws a great deep ball but more importantly, the majority of his passes have touch, making it easy for his receivers to pick up yardage after the catch.

Often forgotten is that Brohm has been under the microscope since high school. In 2002 he was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated as one the nations top young quarterbacks. Thus far he is unphased by the spotlight. He doesn't make the mind-bending mistakes that most young QBs tend to when under pressure. His calm and confident nature is the keystone to success as a QB in the NFL.

Negatives:

There are only two major problems on Brohm s resume; injuries and touchdowns. Durability is a major question. Anyone looking at Brohm has to be concerned. In 2005 he tore his ACL. Despite the tear, he went through a Carson Palmer-like rehabilitation and was able to start the season opener for his Louisville Cardinals.

Just a few games into the 2006 season, Brohm broke his hand. The hand required surgery and he was forced to sit for a month.

Overview:

When healthy Brohm is one of the best play callers in the nation. He has a Tom Brady swagger with a Carson Palmer-like arm. He's big and strong and makes sound decisions for his team. However, he has a downside that the other top quarterback's don't and that's durability. He appears to be relatively fragile and that could scare teams away from taking him high in the first round of the draft.

i like the draft but just change that final pick no need for a second QB

falcndave (2/3/2008)
I personally don't have an issue with a QB in the first round. My biggest concern is there isn't one who I feel 100% sure is NFL material. Hopefully our scouting organization and FO have more insight than I do if they choose to go that direction.

BINGO falcndave. I think you're right on. Although I may not think Ryan or Brohm is worth out 1st, if Thomas D and Mike S think they are then I'm all for it.

cshot4 (2/3/2008)
keep coleman, sign grady back for our DT positions

Brian Brohm

From Ryan Yemen

Positives:

Negatives:

Overview:

josh johnson is the best qb in this year's draft**** (yd passing 2988) (comp% 68.4) (td 43) (int 1). this kid had only 1 int all season! yes, he came from a smaller program so did doug william who won a sb with the red skins. i watch josh play in the east/west shrine game and i can tell u now that this kid was the best athlete on the football field.