Which Falcons player, or players, will not be with the Falcons next year?

According to reports, the estimates are 23-30 million in cap room. I assumed that some of that number was probably the salaries of players that they are already evaluating (possibly cutting). I suppose I could be wrong about that however. Even so, just because you have some extra cap room, that doesn't excuse overpaying players who are past their prime and under performing.

Successful teams know when to cut their star players loose. Think the Colts were effected negatively by letting E. James go to Arizona? They reloaded in the draft with a younger, cheaper player.

Like the other guy said, it's supposed to be 23-30 mill. AFTER the cuts that they want to make. A list of who might possibly be gone:

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Demorrio Williams

Rod Coleman

Lewis Sanders

Chris Crocker

Joe Horn

Michael Jenkins

Byron Leftwich

Joey Harrington

Kynan Forney

Wayne Gandy

These are just possible cuts off the top of my head. I don't want to see some of those guys go, but I could def. see them getting cut or not getting resigned.

falconva7 (2/3/2008)
Like the other guy said, it's supposed to be 23-30 mill. AFTER the cuts that they want to make. A list of who might possibly be gone:

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Demorrio Williams

Rod Coleman

Lewis Sanders

Chris Crocker

Joe Horn

Michael Jenkins

Byron Leftwich

Joey Harrington

Kynan Forney

Wayne Gandy

These are just possible cuts off the top of my head. I don't want to see some of those guys go, but I could def. see them getting cut or not getting resigned.

I agree with all these except for D williams and R Coleman.........Williams shouldn't command much offers good comp or decent backup option at wlb, Coleman still has alot left, D line is better with him here if we find someone that is a better starter that makes our dline that much better with starters ability at 2nd string.

falconva7 (2/3/2008)

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Demorrio Williams

Rod Coleman

Lewis Sanders

Chris Crocker

Joe Horn

Michael Jenkins

Byron Leftwich

Joey Harrington

Kynan Forney

Wayne Gandy

I agree

michael d. skelton (2/2/2008)
I was just thinking, if we have all this cap room, why should we lose anyone?

if your talking about blanks interview i think he was saying we are going to have 23- 30 mil after we make some cuts. sounds to me like the FO already has a good idea of whos staying and whos going.

Legion (2/3/2008)
falconva7 (2/3/2008)
Like the other guy said, it's supposed to be 23-30 mill. AFTER the cuts that they want to make. A list of who might possibly be gone: I too agree!

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Demorrio Williams

Rod Coleman

Lewis Sanders

Chris Crocker

Joe Horn

Michael Jenkins

Byron Leftwich

Joey Harrington

Kynan Forney

Wayne Gandy

I agree

To build you need to go younger and tougher. This is a business, we are not here to make friends, but win a Super Bowl. We need to start fresh with younger guys.

The first person that needs to be cut is Joey Harrington ever since he came we had bad luck all the way.

Keith Brookings

Wayne Gandy

Warrick Dunn

Lewis Sanders

Chris Crocker

Byron Leftwich

I want to say Joe Horn, but I think they should use him to help the other receivers. He helped bring Roddy a long way.

Keith Brooking--- if we can restructure his contract i would love if he come back otherwise thank you..

Warrick Dunn---- thank you for your time with us better luck somewhere else

Demorrio Williams---- Vet minimum or bye bye

Rod Coleman---- same as Brooking

Lewis Sanders--- bye bye

Chris Crocker---- played well last year , can come back for a vet minimum

Joe Horn---- did not do anything last 2 years , we have no use for him

Michael Jenkins--- very good as number 3 WR , behind White and Robinson

Byron Leftwich--- no use

Joey Harrington---- please go somewhere else

Kynan Forney---- was playing at very high level untill last season , he should return

Wayne Gandy---- time to retire

we will lose warrick dunn. I think they will restructure the old and slow brooking. coleman is 50/50 right now. I think gandy is gone. those moves alone will save us about 20mil.

I think we will keep some free agents like crocker and DMo if nothing else, for continuity. they may be signed to only a 3 year deal incentive laden.

BlacksburgHokie (2/3/2008)
D. Williams will almost definately be gone, as will Gandy and Horn. Dunn will probably be cut depending on what happens in the draft, and it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility that Coleman gets cut and Crocker is allowed to leave. At least two of our four quarterbacks will be gone by opening day next year.

Crocker is already gone...good riddings