Yeah, it's just a conspiracy theory, but it's hard to not be suspicious of the NBA

halsey

I can't help but wonder a little if the NBA has been pushing for trades to happen that will put the Lakers and Celtics back on top of the league because it's good for thier business. Memphis just gave away an All-star 7-footer. Minnesota got a decent package in return for thier All-World 7-footer. I think it's reasonable to be a little suspicious. If the NBA finals are Celtics vs Lakers there will be even more reason.

halsey (2/2/2008)
I can't help but wonder a little if the NBA has been pushing for trades to happen that will put the Lakers and Celtics back on top of the league because it's good for thier business. Memphis just gave away an All-star 7-footer. Minnesota got a decent package in return for thier All-World 7-footer. I think it's reasonable to be a little suspicious. If the NBA finals are Celtics vs Lakers there will be even more reason.

Definitely. Just like last year when they called an AWFUL series in the eastern conference finals just so Bron bron could get into the finals. Or how about AI going to Denver in exchange for a pair of shorts? Not only do they want the "storied franchises" to come back on top, but they want the two golden boys (that's Melo and Bron bron) to excel. It's ridiculous.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. Like Remarkable said Boston gave up a lot to get KG. As far as the Lakers/Memphis trade, I thought Memphis was stupid for doing it but they cleared cap and they are rebuilding. They released Damon Stoudamire and traded Stromile Swift this week.

No conspiracy theory folks.

i know what you mean Halsey. last summer you have Kobe demanding a trade which would kill the Lakers for years and now they have one of if not the top team in the West and only gave up salary cap space and a couple of late draft picks. and Boston trades a young border line all-star and some scrubs for a Hall of Famer. on the surface it looks kind of suspicious but there is no conspiracy here. the number of people that would have to be involved something would get leaked. and David Stern would not risk life in prison and his 10 million a year salary just to increase the ratings slightly. not to mention what's in it for Minnesota and Memphis? why would their owners/GMs give their only players away in increase ratings that for other teams while they then can't sell their tickets. it just doesn't make since.

halsey (2/2/2008)

There's a conspiracy in the NBA just like Duke gets all the calls in NCAA basketball...

Well managed teams make good moves. Poorly managed teams supply the players that allow the good teams to prosper...