new mock

Boley59

Boley59 (2/2/2008)
1-OT Jake Long

Long could be the man. I think the Tuna might draft him to be honest at #1 overall if he cant trade down. If Long is on the board and Ryan as well it'll be a tough choice. I'd probably go with Long.

2-QB Chad Henne

I like the idea of Henne a lot more than I do Flacco. Although if Woodson or Brohm slipped, with Muscgraves and Mularkey on board it would be a tough call.

2-DT Red Bryant

I think you are overdrafting him. Okam is a far better athlete and will go higher. I love the pick however.

3-MLB Vince Hall

Nice one

3-RB Matt Forte

Forte is just too much of a tweener type for me. Everyone keeps talking about how Bettis was a Mularkey man, but in reality Bettis was already in place. Besides Bettis had great feet and agility to go with his size (more Jonathan Stewart) and Forte just seems upright and stiff.

4-OT Kirk Barton

5-OG Chris McDuffie

Nice picks, but I don't think we go with 3 OLinemen; especially if we draft long

6-K Alexis Serna

7-FS Ron Girault

7-DE Antonio Reynolds

3rd kerney 7th rossum.

Nice mock

thanks i like forte because he is the opposite of norwood which means good compliment. Long is my pick because bryant okam dre moore all are good dts and will be there second round. As for 3 lineman our depth has been horrible of late so i figure u add barton and Mcduffie to datish and foster and your looking good. Our oline would be if we didnt do anything in free agency:

LT:Long/Foster

LG:Blalock/McDuffie

C:McClure/Datish

RG:Clabo/McDuffie

RT:Wiener/Barton

Not bad if i say so myself.

Boley59 (2/3/2008)
thanks i like forte because he is the opposite of norwood which means good compliment. Long is my pick because bryant okam dre moore all are good dts and will be there second round. As for 3 lineman our depth has been horrible of late so i figure u add barton and Mcduffie to datish and foster and your looking good. Our oline would be if we didnt do anything in free agency:

LT:Long/Foster

LG:Blalock/McDuffie

C:McClure/Datish

RG:Clabo/McDuffie

RT:Wiener/Barton

Not bad if i say so myself.

Good reasoning. I just expect us to sign at least one FA OLmen. Having a roster full of rookies is not reassuring. Forte is just not a very good back IMO He had 47 and 73 yards against Miss. St and LSU. And LSU was using an ailing Dorsey!

If you look at Forte's best games they were 302 yds, 278 yds, 342 yds against SE LA, Memphis and SMU. That's almost 1000 yds against terrible competition.

at this point going young on the lines is the way to go. By time we are a legit contender again (2-4) years they will be matured veterans and not retired or gone. As for forte he is best available for our need when i picked running back. We dont need another small back which is where most of the slim guys will go (3rd round). I choose power and watched senior bowl where he did play against good competition and played real well.

Bush. I choose bryant because he fills the NT spot a lot better than laws and that is more pressing with only having Lewis (ACL) at nt and with us still having babs and coleman at (UT).