Our kicking situation has been ignored way to long

Twinblade

We do have Mort, he has done some good things with us but face it, we need a new fresh leg on this team..Most games are won by a FG, without a good kicker a team will not go far as alot of important games will be decided on a FG. I think we should draft one and his name is Brandon Coutu. He has a really really really strong leg that can kick a 60+ FG and you don't get that in alot of kickers. Of course our FO will probably just skip over Coutu and wind up signing a No named Kicker again or a kicker that is trying to get back on a football team. We will continue to ignore our kicking situations sadly but I hope this year would change, I hate closing my eyes when we have to kick a FG, knowing we really don't have a kicker with a leg. I don't care what anybody says but I think we should draft him in the 5th round...Remember last time we waited, he now kicks for GB.

Twinblade (2/2/2008)
We do have Mort, he has done some good things with us but face it, we need a new fresh leg on this team..Most games are won by a FG, without a good kicker a team will not go far as alot of important games will be decided on a FG. I think we should draft one and his name is Brandon Coutu. He has a really really really strong leg that can kick a 60+ FG and you don't get that in alot of kickers. Of course our FO will probably just skip over Coutu and wind up signing a No named Kicker again or a kicker that is trying to get back on a football team. We will continue to ignore our kicking situations sadly but I hope this year would change, I hate closing my eyes when we have to kick a FG, knowing we really don't have a kicker with a leg. I don't care what anybody says but I think we should draft him in the 5th round...Remember last time we waited, he now kicks for GB.

i agree twin. they tried to patch up the hole last year and cut cundiff for prater and prater definitely didnt pan out and probably lost us the 1st two games. i wont put it solely on his shoulders because it is a team effort. we do need to get the coutu kid though.

Yeah and Brandon would be way to good to pass up, even for a kicker. I knew Brandon, hes a good kid, How I know him? His parents live next door to my aunt and also he went to the same school with my cousin. Brandon wants to be a falcon, his parents want him to be a falcon. I hope he becomes a falcon, not only would it crush us but his friends and family.

If his stock continues to rise, we are slowly but surely losing ground on drafting the guy. I don't know that we can afford to draft him with a pick greater than 5th.

Surely there are a few other teams out there who may be willing to go after a kicker in the draft..?

I honestly don't know what other NFL teams desperately need a kicker.

i cant imagine the team patch-working the kicking game again this year. i bet we will finally draft one, and i wouldnt mind at all if it was coutu. id much rather have a kid with a great leg and slight accuracy problems than someone who can barely put it thru at 45 yards.