Brandon Coutu

atljbo

bossFALCON (2/2/2008)
yup he would definitely be a good aquisition to our team. i wish we could get him in the 7th but his stock is climbing and i have been hearing he will go in the 5th and in some mocks they have him going in the late 4th.

if Mason Crosby got drafted in the late 6th round...i cant see coutu going in the 5th because he has some accuracy problems....he will be there with our first pick in the 6th round

atljbo (2/2/2008)
bossFALCON (2/2/2008)
yup he would definitely be a good aquisition to our team. i wish we could get him in the 7th but his stock is climbing and i have been hearing he will go in the 5th and in some mocks they have him going in the late 4th.

if Mason Crosby got drafted in the late 6th round...i cant see coutu going in the 5th because he has some accuracy problems....he will be there with our first pick in the 6th round

There were a few kickers that went ahead of Crosby.

atljbo (2/2/2008)
bossFALCON (2/2/2008)

the cheifs drafted a kicker in the 5th last year. with his leg, i wouldnt be surprised if a team took him in the fifth, accuracy or no accuracy.

bossFALCON (2/2/2008)

Then we should take him in the 5th unless there is a solid value pick that fell in our lap. Aside from another 2nd round pick doesn't the Falcons have another draft pick in the 5th, 6th, or 7th as a compensation for Kerney?

Please explain Accuracy issues, Dude missed 13 FG in career with only 3 being from below 45. 10 misses were from 47 or beyond with 6 of those being from over 50. No extra point misses in college career. The 33 yarder in Senior Bowl (1st 30 yarder in over 2 years) was with a holder and snapper that had 2 days of work together. As for Art Carmody he had a short miss in the Hula bowl and has many more misses under 45 than Coutu. Just don't understand when the statement is made about Coutu that he has accuracy issues or that he is inconsistant

dawgfan2 (2/4/2008)
Please explain Accuracy issues, Dude missed 13 FG in career with only 3 being from below 45. 10 misses were from 47 or beyond with 6 of those being from over 50. No extra point misses in college career. The 33 yarder in Senior Bowl (1st 30 yarder in over 2 years) was with a holder and snapper that had 2 days of work together. As for Art Carmody he had a short miss in the Hula bowl and has many more misses under 45 than Coutu. Just don't understand when the statement is made about Coutu that he has accuracy issues or that he is inconsistant

Yeah, in case you didn't watch the Sugar Bowl, Coutu went 2/2 in FGs one of 52 yds and 45 yds, and both kicks had more than enough distance. His career high is 58 yards.

Here's what the ESPN scouts think of him.

"Improved consistency during senior season and didn't miss a field goal attempt inside 40 yards. Powerful and can connect on long-range field goal attempts. Gets good hang time and excellent distance on kickoffs. Handles pressure well and is poised. Punted at the high school level and is versatile."

Sounds like he would be an amazing choice to me.