Most annoying sportscasters on T.V.

bigstack19

I was just curious who everyone hates to see doing the play by play, color commentary, or highlight reel of their favorite team. Here are mine,

Play by play: Jim Nance. I actually like his golf coverage though I only watch golf to see Tiger do something amazing. Otherwise I can't stand him. CBS has **** Enberg and yet Nance is their number 1 guy.

Color commentary: Billy Packer. I think Packer is a huge idiot who is clearly biased against every team who isn't in the Big 10 despite the fact he is a Wake Forest grad. I love college basketball and can't watch it when this idiot is on the game.

In studio: Shannon Sharpe: I can't ever understand a word he says. When he does highlights, it makes me feel more pain than the last time I passed a kidney stone. He tries to use big words he clearly doesn't know. He tries to be funny and "hip" and he comes off as being stupid and uneducated. CBS hired the wrong Sharpe.

My least favorite sportscaster though is Chris Berman. He has lost touch with what he is supposed to be doing. He spouts out his catchpharses at every turn and these stupid nicknames got old 15 years ago. Eat another hot dog and shut up Chris!

I honestly don't like any 3 man commentary teams. I don't think there is enough time in the game to let the 2 color commentators fight over who can bring up the best points. Besides, with the two man teams there is more of a personal connection.

If Bryant Gumbel was replaced by Greg on the network, the world would be a better place.

Oh, and who else cringed every week when you saw Boselli was going to call the game?

Lee Long (2/2/2008)
cjhutch (2/2/2008)

Joe Buck = Big Time Hater and overall comes off as a jerk.

Kornheiser doing MNF.

These two.

And Madden. treats fans like they do not know what they are watching, IMO.

If this message board is representative of NFL fans then Madden's assumption is 100% correct.

Any word that comes from Chris Collinsworth's mouth is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Tony CORNheiser runs a close second but when you remember that the guy is actually an idiot he gets points off just because the fool can't help himself.

Shannon sharp is pretty lousy.

Troy Aikman and Emmit Smith...well let's just say that when Jerry Jones farts they want to be the first to smell it.

Bryant Gumbel. I get the impression he has no clue what he is watching during an NFL game. I don't really need anyone telling me what is going on, but come on. It is annoying to listen to someone who doesn't know a screen pass from a screen door. His brother Greg is infinitely better.

Stewart Scott - I used to think the guy was ok on S.C, but he has done nothing but ##### me off since they started using him for NFL games.

At this point, I know enough about sports that I just don't need these guys telling me what the **** is going on. I say replace them all with the one on the right of this picture.

41824000lc3.jpg

bigstack19 (2/2/2008)
I was just curious who everyone hates to see doing the play by play, color commentary, or highlight reel of their favorite team. Here are mine,

Play by play: Jim Nance. I actually like his golf coverage though I only watch golf to see Tiger do something amazing. Otherwise I can't stand him. CBS has **** Enberg and yet Nance is their number 1 guy.

Color commentary: Billy Packer. I think Packer is a huge idiot who is clearly biased against every team who isn't in the Big 10 despite the fact he is a Wake Forest grad. I love college basketball and can't watch it when this idiot is on the game.

In studio: Shannon Sharpe: I can't ever understand a word he says. When he does highlights, it makes me feel more pain than the last time I passed a kidney stone. He tries to use big words he clearly doesn't know. He tries to be funny and "hip" and he comes off as being stupid and uneducated. CBS hired the wrong Sharpe.

My least favorite sportscaster though is Chris Berman. He has lost touch with what he is supposed to be doing. He spouts out his catchpharses at every turn and these stupid nicknames got old 15 years ago. Eat another hot dog and shut up Chris!

Gumble NFL Network- no personality at all. Also a few times i heard him say "this could be close to a first down" and it was clearly 2-3 yards past the marker. Every time i heard that i thought are you f'ing kidding?

Tony Cornholer- annoying. Stick with PTI even though you are annoying in that too. Every thing he says sounds like he is yelling and he isnt funny at all. Theisman wasnt that great but he was better than the PTI tool.

falconva7 (2/2/2008)
Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire a while ago on SNF was HORRIBLE. Chris Collinsworth and Bryant (or is it Brian?) is probably the worst that I can think of right now.

The Monday night ##### bags---Tirico, Jaws, & Kornhole---I didn't think it could get worse than Rush Limbaugh or or the SNL scuffy horrible comedian know it all----I can't think of his name---but thats good

Nono (2/2/2008)
falconva7 (2/2/2008)
Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire a while ago on SNF was HORRIBLE. Chris Collinsworth and Bryant (or is it Brian?) is probably the worst that I can think of right now.

The Monday night ##### bags---Tirico, Jaws, & Kornhole---I didn't think it could get worse than Rush Limbaugh or or the SNL scuffy horrible comedian know it all----I can't think of his name---but thats good

You cant think of his name bc he isnt funny. It is sad when a comedian has to have someone write for them to be funny.

Chirs Collinsworth is a d*uche and Sharpe is too.

This isn't really 1 specific person but i hate it when the player is a good yard or 2 ahead of the first down and the commentators are like "He's close to the first" or "Let's see if they give him a good spot" WTF hes clearly past the 1st down. It's like they're scared or something.

Tom Brenneman.

I never hated him until I listened to him call the Georgia/Hawaii game.

I hate the Bulldogs but Brenneman's obvious bias against Georgia was maddening.

He actually mustered up the fortitude to say "This is bad for the whole country" after about the 33rd sack of Colt Brennan.

I cannot believe only one person said Tony Bosilli (However you spell it). He did like 4 or 5 Falcons games this year and he is horrible. I mean you don't have to praise the Falcons but call an unbais game is all I ask.

The 2 idiots on CBS that do SEC games on Saturday Gary Danielson and Vernon Lun..., ok the SEC is good do you really need to tell us every other sentence.

The worst announcers on tv sports! In my opinion It is hands down Bryant Gumble. He restates the obvious over and over. He is a concieted jerk. In baseball it it Tim McCarver. I was so happy when espn took Joe Theisman off MNF, I was so happy, I just about x&@#% all over myself. The man never met a microphone that he didn't like. Collinsworth is another idiot. Enberg acts like he loves everyone and Chris Berman and all his little nick-names and sound effects are insulting to our intelligence. My roommate and I, and I am sure most of you, would be more pleasing to listen to, than anyone of them. GO FALCONS!!!