Vote for your Falcons Draft board-1st round (#1-#5)

g-dawg

I voted for:

Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glen Dorsey, Darren McFadden, Chris Long.....

I want the "trenches" to be upgraded. I think Jake Long is close enough on "par" with Ellis/Dorsey at a more "needed" position...

anyway, would not be disappointed with the picks that have Sedrick going first either...

8-ball (2/2/2008)
me personally i would only like to see either ellis or dorsey either would be good i like ellis a little more but if not one of them then trade down so i can not vote in your pole sorry

8-ball,

we appreciate your protest "no-vote" but I did have at least 4 options with Ellis or Dorsey at the top of the draft board - so not sure why you could not vote for one of them?:hehe:

g-dawg (2/2/2008)
8-ball (2/2/2008)
me personally i would only like to see either ellis or dorsey either would be good i like ellis a little more but if not one of them then trade down so i can not vote in your pole sorry

8-ball,

we appreciate your protest "no-vote" but I did have at least 4 options with Ellis or Dorsey at the top of the draft board - so not sure why you could not vote for one of them?:hehe:

only because the other two names in with them i only like ellis or dorsey as a top five i dont like dmac or ryan period as a pick for this team and long would be good but i dont like the fact of taking a ot in the top 5 but if ellis and dorsey are gone and we cant get a trade down long would be next choice i guess so i will vote

g-dawg (2/2/2008)
I voted for:

I want the "trenches" to be upgraded. I think Jake Long is close enough on "par" with Ellis/Dorsey at a more "needed" position...

anyway, would not be disappointed with the picks that have Sedrick going first either...

I picked Glen Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Chris Long because I to feel that we need to address the trenches, but I feel that the OT position is much deeper in this draft then the DT position is. We Should draft Dorsey or Ellis in the 1st round. then draft the best OT available in the 2nd round. I don't think there is as much of a talent drop off from Long and the rest of the OT's as there is Dorsey, Ellis and the rest of the DT's. So we go DT first.

Falcon first down (2/2/2008)
g-dawg (2/2/2008)
I voted for:

I picked Glen Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Chris Long because I to feel that we need to address the trenches, but I feel that the OT position is much deeper in this draft then the DT position is. We Should draft Dorsey or Ellis in the 1st round. then draft the best OT available in the 2nd round. I don't think there is as much of a talent drop off from Long and the rest of the OT's as there is Dorsey, Ellis and the rest of the DT's. So we go DT first.

I think your argument is reasonable. Like I said, I would be happy with one of the DT's as well. I still like Jake the best but would be happy with either Ellis or Dorsey - very happy, see!:D

Did NOT vote

like poster Steve Bartkowski I would have seen a choice without the hyped Arkansas RB as this as one I would have voted for:

Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glen Dorsey, Ryan Clady, Chris Long

Clever way to guide people by showing a vote and stacking the deck with McFudden and Ryan- but I think most saw through it.

texasbirdfan (2/2/2008)
Did NOT vote

like poster Steve Bartkowski I would have seen a choice without the hyped Arkansas RB as this as one I would have voted for:

Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glen Dorsey, Ryan Clady, Chris Long

Clever way to guide people by showing a vote and stacking the deck with McFudden and Ryan- but I think most saw through it.

ummmm, yeah bird-brain - I was really manipulating the situation....man, you saw right through me;)

g-dawg (2/2/2008)
I know, thats a lot of choices and will require a lot of votes to determine - but let's vote shall we?:D

well i think we should go into a completely different direction in this upcoming draft:

1) Sedrick Ellis DT 6'1" 305 USC

2) Dan Connor ILB 6'3" 228 PENN STATE

2) Chester Adams OG 6'4" 320 GEORGIA

3) Alley Broussard III RB 6'0" 249 LSU

4) Joe Flacco QB 6'6" 236 DELAWARE

5) Sam Baker OT 6'5" 312 USC

6) Simeon Castille S 6'0" 190 ALABAMA

7) Brandon Coutu PK 5'11" 183 GEORGIA

7) Kellen Davis TE 6'5" 253 MICHIGAN STATE

now before you blast me on this i want all of you to take a serious and honest look at the players i've chosen and tell me they wouldn't be a great fit for this team

OK, this writing is taken place at 64 votes being cast which I think is a large enough sample to draw some conclusions. And yes, I know some may feel poll is not totally accurate because I have more options with some players at #1 on draft board than others. However, I think its good enough to garner some "majority feelings on the board"

Here are results with votes for who should be #1 on Falcons draft board:

Jake Long - 44%

Sedrick Ellis - 26%

Darren McFadden - 19%

Glen Dorsey - 8%

Matt Ryan - 3%

This does not suprise me and I think "as a whole" that would be an excellent way to stack the board - with the exception of removing Matt Ryan and replacing him with Chris Long ;)