I got it figured out

ty down

Instead of looking to the future they choose to live in the past. The falcons will only be as great as our fanbase chooses. If we say they are always going to suck they will. I had it wrong this whole time. I thought if you stand behind your team they will eventually succeed. But if you constantly bash our team maybe the negative thought process will make them better.

Thoughts?

If negative thought process made the team better, they would have been great a long time ago.

In all seriousness, though, science is starting to prove that everything around you is a direct result of thought. So maybe that's a good explanation for why this team ends up bad and teams like the Steelers and Pack always seem to end up on top.

I agree with you, but every year I convince myself we are going to the playoffs, the next thing you know, our star QB is killing pound puppies for bloodsport. 40 + years of "theres always next season" can wear at a fan base after a while.

That said, NFC South Champs in 08 baby!!!

The falcons are a sorry team year after year after year because of stupid descisions made by owners, GM's and coaches. Period. Blank will never understand that if you keep doing the same ole idiotic things that the same result will continue to happen.

McKay

Vick

Mora

Petrino

now this kid for a GM we have along with a whole grocery list of incompetent and unqualified coaches.

Just one bombshell right after another. Way to go Blank.

those fans are just idiots.. infact they arnt even falcon fans in my mind.. same goes to the fans that deny vick.. yes he made a mistake but whether you like it or NOT its a fact that he was one of the best Qbs that played for this franchise.. he has the highest win % of any falcon qb.. didnt win games in pretty ways but he won and took us deep into the playoffs.. sooo if jessie tuggle or tommy nobis was to pull an OJ simpsion would some of you so called falcon fans still claim them as falcon greats? my point exactly what they did on the field is totally different then what they did off the field.. example i HATE i mean HATE TO.. but he is a great player regaurdless..

a fan of a team is someone that supports a team.. those that always bash or always speak negitive arnt fans just idiots

ty down (2/1/2008)
Instead of looking to the future they choose to live in the past. The falcons will only be as great as our fanbase chooses. If we say they are always going to suck they will. I had it wrong this whole time. I thought if you stand behind your team they will eventually succeed. But if you constantly bash our team maybe the negative thought process will make them better.

Thoughts?

The Falcons will only be as great as the fanbase chooses? That's one of the stupidest comments I've seen on this board. The Falcons will only be as great as the people that run the organization make them and seeing as how we have a bunch of stooges in those positions the Falcons will not be great.

Whether you support the Falcons or not has ZERO to do with whether they succeed. It has something to do with whether they continue to be in Atlanta or not but that's about it. The Pats aren't 18-0 because they have fans. They're 18-0 because they have arguably the best FO in the league and they were built to win. Screw the fans. The fans didn't go out and win 18 games.

You overestimate your role as a fan. The only way you help the Falcons is by making the dome a loud place on Sundays and even that won't win football games if our ownership and management is run by a bunch of clowns.

The only place where the Falcons are as great as the fans choose is in your imagination.

ty down (2/1/2008)

Thoughts?

Cool Aid anyone? :w00t:

btrain5489 (2/2/2008)
The Falcons will only be as great as the fanbase chooses? That's one of the stupidest comments I've seen on this board. The Falcons will only be as great as the people that run the organization make them and seeing as how we have a bunch of stooges in those positions the Falcons will not be great.

Whether you support the Falcons or not has ZERO to do with whether they succeed. It has something to do with whether they continue to be in Atlanta or not but that's about it. The Pats aren't 18-0 because they have fans. They're 18-0 because they have arguably the best FO in the league and they were built to win. Screw the fans. The fans didn't go out and win 18 games.

You overestimate your role as a fan. The only way you help the Falcons is by making the dome a loud place on Sundays and even that won't win football games if our ownership and management is run by a bunch of clowns.

The only place where the Falcons are as great as the fans choose is in your imagination.

Btrain5489 stop picking on the resident cool aid drinkers ;)

If the FO Circus Clowns have a big red cool aid smile :D expect the same from the fans :P

I think it was Socrates (the philosopher, not the 80's Brazilian soccer player :P) who said "Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing".

The problem with some of our fan base is that they think they know how to run a football team and feel qualified to judge FO and coaching moves when they aren't. I highly doubt that any of these critics have even met Blank, Dimitroff, Smith, Mularkey or van Gorder let alone worked with any of them; have first hand knowedge of their work methods, philosophies and accomplishement; or have undertaken an extensive due diligence exercise with their employees and other people around the league to investigate their suitability to run or coach a professional football team.

Of course we are entitled to our opinion about moves and this board is here for people to share those opinions. However, we ought to be humble enough to realise that not one of us is properly qualified our assess the merits of these moves, and therefore willing to give the Dimitroff and the coahces a chance to prove themsleves before making doom and gloom predictions that will change nothing.

Every fans of this team should want these moves to work and the team to be succesful, irrespective of any concerns that we may have about some or all of the moves. Sadly, with some posters there is little or evidence that they are willing to even give the new staff a chance, let alone that they actually want them to be succesful.

ukfalc (2/2/2008)
I think it was Socrates (the philosopher, not the 80's Brazilian soccer player :P) who said "Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing".

Even if you had a head full of holes you'd know that questioning the moves of this FO isn't out of line by any stretch of the imagination.

A 9 count 'em (nine) person circus act interviewing potential GM/HC candidates.

Yet you finally hire a GM of whom (you never personally met) via web cam. :blink: :ermm:

Just ask yourself... Where's the the logic or Wisdom in any of that?

We all want the Team and Franchise as a whole to be successful.

But **** after a while you gotta question the questionable after all we've been thru.

I mean really...Who could blame us :unsure: :doze: ;)

Smashmouth (2/2/2008)Even if you had a head full of holes you'd know that questioning the moves of this FO isn't out of line by any stretch of the imagination.

A 9 count 'em (nine) person circus act interviewing potential GM/HC candidates.

Yet you finally hire a GM of whom (you never personally met) via web cam. :blink: :ermm:

Just ask yourself... Where's the the logic or Wisdom in any of that?

We all want the Team and Franchise as a whole to be successful.

But **** after a while you gotta question the questionable after all we've been thru.

I mean really...Who could blame us :unsure: :doze: ;)

FO staff and personnel evaluators in the NFL are a closed community that know each other well.They meet at events like the senior bowl, combine, and quite possibly at the draft and whilst attening games etc. We also know that Blank and his team carried out an extensive due diligence exercise in to background of all candidates,which inlcuded extensive enquires with people like Robert Craft an Scott Pioli and with other owners and front office people in the NFL.

The web-cam meeting was in fact a 3+ hour video conference interview where Dimitorff was undoubtedly given the opportunity to discuss talent evaluation issues, how he intends to manage the draft and free agency and his model for building a championship team. You don't need to smell a guy's aftershave or see the colour of his socks to decide whether or not he is a good evaluator of talent or somone with the rights skills and philosopy to run and turn around a franchise.

As I said above, there is nothing with questioning moves. As fans we are all entitled to our own opinions but they need to be put them into some perspective. There is whole world of difference betwen an educated opinon based on first hand knowledge and experience, and an opinon based on hearsay evidence and speculation. What makes you more qualified than Blank and McKay (let alone Craft, Pioli and Belichick who gave him glowing endorsement) to assess Dimitroff's merits as a GM and already pre-judge him as a bad hire? What first had knowedge do you have of Dimitroff; his roles, responsibilities and decisons at New England; and his philosophies for turing this team around, or what it takes to build and run a pro-football team? Answer: zero, none, nada, zip, zilch...

ukfalc (2/2/2008)
What first had knowedge do you have of Dimitroff; his roles, responsibilities and decisons at New England; and his philosophies for turing this team around, or what it takes to build and run a pro-football team? Answer: zero, none, nada, zip, zilch...

If you'd paid attention you'd realize my comments had nothing to do with Dimitroff and everything to do with past experience as a result of many left field decisions made by this FO.

As to the ? of my 1st hand knowledge, without going into detail I'll simply say.....

Huh... if you only knew :P :)

Smashmouth (2/2/2008)

If you'd paid attention you'd realize my comments had nothing to do with Dimitroff and everything to do with past experience as a result of many left field decisions made by this FO.

How can you say that your comments had nothing to do with TD when you expressly mentioned the interviewing process? Even if the process itself wasn't perfect, the only thing that matters is whether or not we got the right person - and that is what none of us are qualified to assess.

It sounds to me like you are pre-judging our recent decisons on the basis that our past hires haven't worked out as intended. Applying that logic, whoever we hired you still wouldn't have been happy.

As to the ? of my 1st hand knowledge, without going into detail I'll simply say.....

Huh... if you only knew :P :)

Don't tell me... you're Malcolm Glazer...

ukfalc (2/2/2008)
How can you say that your comments had nothing to do with TD when you expressly mentioned the interviewing process? Even if the process itself wasn't perfect, the only thing that matters is whether or not we got the right person -and that is what none of us are qualified to assess.

My initial response to the Dimitroff hiring was, he wasn't my 1st choice but I'm intrigued by what he brings to the table.

It sounds to me like you are pre-judging our recent decisons on the basis that our past hires haven't worked out as intended. Applying that logic, whoever we hired you still wouldn't have been happy.

Not exactly...

I was perfectly happy to keep the current staff in place and bring in a master motivator and Hall of Famer (Mike Singetary) to pull it all together.

The weakest link in the Pretendo regime was Pretendo himself.

Fortunately for us he quit in enough time to to be exposed as the weak link he is.

Don't tell me... you're Malcolm Glazer...

Nope...

If I were Malcom I'd be applauding every move the Falcons have made up til now :rolleyes:

ty down (2/1/2008)

Thoughts?

so your saying the falcons choose to look at there past and thats why they keep losing season after season?

consistentfalcon (2/2/2008)
ty down (2/1/2008)

Thoughts?

so your saying the falcons choose to look at there past and thats why they keep losing season after season?

No I said live in the past. Look at the past in order to improve, live in the future and support your team. I admit some decisions are questionable. Voicing your concerns brings out good points. Bashing our team brings the fans down.