do you think we'll have a 1000 yd reciever again?

falconcj21

with this new game plan? i liked our off. the last couple of games and passing the ball around but i know we couldn't run. now i hear were going to be more of a running team so just wondering if anyone thinks we'll hit the 1000yds with a reciever? did the jags, bills or steelers do this with these coaches? i just want to win and if that means all run thats fine with me

I asked the same question. At this point I am just trying to be positive and assume the strong running presence does what it is suppose to which is controls the clock and opens up the passing lanes. That has a lot to do with the QB, as I believe White finally hit his stride. This of course will depend because White was suddenly thrown to a lot last year but then whoever the next QB will be may like Robinson as the primary target.

Guest Libid21

1,000 yards isn't exactly the hardest thing for a receiver to do in this league especially considering the amount of talent around you and the quarterback would have no other choice but to throw it to you really. That's the case with Roddy White- especially this year when we will most likely be playing in two or three wide receiver sets. So White will most likely be thrown the ball more often than Jenkins and Robinson all year regardless of how Robinson improves, and that should at least get him over the 1,000 yard benchmark.

iloxygenil (2/1/2008)
I'd be shocked to see Roddy not stay at the 1000 yard mark for years to come...he showed up last season, but that's only a little of what he's capable of. His physical play and big play speed are going to keep him at the top. As long as he keeps that work ethic up.

yea and his confidence up because he probably wont get the ball as much as last year.