A Giants player gets arrested for suspicion of DUI.

birdweiserrr

Every time I think of Eugene Robinson, many of you may not know who he is, I want to puke. He completely embarrassed the Falcon franchise and probably ruined any chance we had at winning in our only SB appearance.

Now this idiot for the Giants gets arrested. He was a backup on injured reserve though, unlike Eugene.

profootballtalk.com

A GIANT ARREST IN PHOENIX

With the first annual PFT ##### Watch game ending in three days, one of the few remaining teams with no arrests or convictions since the Monday after the last Super Bowl has avoided a shutout.

Hooray?

Giants reserve defensive end Adrian Awasom was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving on Friday. He has been sent home by the team.

The arrest again prevents the "Days Without an Arrest" meter from hitting double digits.

Awasom has spent three seasons with the Giants. He currently is on injured reserve.

birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)
Every time I think of Eugene Robinson, many of you may not know who he is, I want to puke. He completely embarrassed the Falcon franchise and probably ruined any chance we had at winning in our only SB appearance.

Now this idiot for the Giants gets arrested. He was a backup on injured reserve though, unlike Eugene.

Yep. This is apples and oranges compared to Robinson. In '99, you could feel the momentum shift and all the air come out of the Falcons' hopes when that story broke. I guess you can't put the blame on one man, but this is as close as it gets, IMO.

birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)
halsey (2/1/2008)
The Falcons lost because Denver was the better team. Stop using Eugene as an excuse.

It comes with the territory. If you get arrested for soliciting a prostitute on the eve of the SB and your team loses, you'll always be remembered as the distraction that couldn't be overcome.

If a team can't overcome that then they deserve to lose. In reality though, that's an excuse made up by fans. I've never heard any player or coach blame Eugene. If they did, then it's thier fault for losing focus.

halsey (2/1/2008)
The Falcons lost because Denver was the better team. Stop using Eugene as an excuse.

No the falcons lost their edge from Eugene, and also not having Bob Christian hurt a bunch too, Kozlowski was just not the same blocker for Jamal Anderson that Bob was. Also it hurt we only had 2 good Wide receivers and Denver had 3. There are alot of reasons we lost, and Eugene just was a downer that people liked to blame it on. ;)

halsey (2/1/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)
halsey (2/1/2008)

It comes with the territory. If you get arrested for soliciting a prostitute on the eve of the SB and your team loses, you'll always be remembered as the distraction that couldn't be overcome.

If a team can't overcome that then they deserve to lose. In reality though, that's an excuse made up by fans. I've never heard any player or coach blame Eugene. If they did, then it's thier fault for losing focus.

As much as I hated it when that happened, I completely agree with you. There are 52 other guys on the team.

By the way is that Randy Rhodes in your avatar?

The coaches should have taken him out of the game. Let's not forget he was out of position on two big catches that did go a long way to putting the game away.

and ....if I recall, Eugene Robinson also ...for what ever reason, .....wore a dog collar on his neck while practicing for the Super Bowl that year.......whats up with that?? Some kind of psych out trick....I dont think so.....I think he was just plain stupid......and HE did help the Falcons to lose the Super Bowl that year......

When you go to the Super Bowl, the teams need to stay focused on what the mission is....after they win, then you can put your stupid dog collar on and walk all over town....laughing out loud.....what a dumb s h i t he was.

oh and ah...

looking forward to next years Falcons going to the Super Bowl.....yeah.

olehippy13

former vietnam medic

lifelong falcon fan

olehippy13 (2/1/2008)
and ....if I recall, Eugene Robinson also ...for what ever reason, .....wore a dog collar on his neck while practicing for the Super Bowl that year.......whats up with that?? Some kind of psych out trick....I dont think so.....I think he was just plain stupid......and HE did help the Falcons to lose the Super Bowl that year......

When you go to the Super Bowl, the teams need to stay focused on what the mission is....after they win, then you can put your stupid dog collar on and walk all over town....laughing out loud.....what a dumb s h i t he was.

oh and ah...

looking forward to next years Falcons going to the Super Bowl.....yeah.

olehippy13

former vietnam medic

lifelong falcon fan

I'm pretty sure it was Ray Boo that wore the dog collar to signify that we were the underdogs. Oh, and he said Shannon Sharpe looked like a horse:w00t:

eugene was definetly a reason why we lost. NOT the only reason, but still a reason.

Just like everyone here blames d-hall's meltdown as the reason we lost the carolina game. the last penalty came when we had them stopped and held to a field goal. we still had two or three more possessions on offense and defense if i remember and never could do anything with it. After his meltdown the team lost all energy, momentum, and fire. they were unable to regain it after that.

After all this broke with Eugene the night before the super bowl, who was our "spiritual leader" it took alot emotionally out of our players. not only that, many of our players where up all night talking to and trying to console Robinson after his mistake. we were never able to gain that fire or emotion after such a heavy blow as that.

birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)

What I thought was embarrassing was he accepted some kind of Christian award about 6 hours before he was arrested for solicitation while his wife and kids were in the hotel room.

Everyone makes mistakes I thought I read somewhere he gave the award back. I thought

Denver had a better team that year.

birds_till_death (2/1/2008)
eugene was definetly a reason why we lost. NOT the only reason, but still a reason.

Just like everyone here blames d-hall's meltdown as the reason we lost the carolina game. the last penalty came when we had them stopped and held to a field goal. we still had two or three more possessions on offense and defense if i remember and never could do anything with it. After his meltdown the team lost all energy, momentum, and fire. they were unable to regain it after that.

After all this broke with Eugene the night before the super bowl, who was our "spiritual leader" it took alot emotionally out of our players. not only that, many of our players where up all night talking to and trying to console Robinson after his mistake. we were never able to gain that fire or emotion after such a heavy blow as that.

<<<<

Great post I agree!! How can players that have been up all night play their game??..I also blamed coach Reeves who let his players do whatever they wanted even the night before the SB curfew at 10pm..To make it even more crazy after the Robinson hookergate Reeves when asked said he would not change anything and let the players do whatever they wanted to do if he got back to a SB. How stupid is that? Most of us here waited all our lives for this monent and Reeves things it is vacation for him and the players... No wonder Reeves lost 3 or 4 Super Bowls with Denver...

eugene robinson was one of my favorite players from the 98 team.. i dont care that he got in trouble.. football is football i dont think eugene made terrel davis or john elway play one heck of a game.. yeah he messed up so what!! its a team game eugene didnt lose us the superbowl the team did.. but most of all i am thankful this franchise finally made it to the superbowl that year :) i just remeber Jamal anderson, jessie tuggle, terrence mathis, ronnie bradford and that falcon defense.. and my favorite playoffs of all time when we beat one of the best offenses in NFL history the 98 vikings.. then beat the niners.. that team overcame soo many insermountable odds it was amazing.. no one picked them to go to the superbowl.. you never know next year could be another amazing year like in 98..,.

with all that said.. man poor eugene he lost back to back superbowls and 2 different teams 1 with the packers and 1 with the falcons.. anyone know if he played on the 96 packer team?

birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)

REV.2000 (2/3/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/1/2008)
He completely embarrassed the Falcon franchise and probably ruined any chance we had at winning in our only SB appearance.

No.......... I think John Elway did that!:)

You would have to be ignorant to think his arrest had no effect on the team. I'm not saying you are ignorant, for the record. I'm saying that people with even the smallest amount of common sense knows it was a distraction.

I'll never understand why he even played in that game. It was clear, even to people that had no common sense at the time, that HE was definitely not focused on the game.