Anderson will not be in the Falcons plans

cshot4

Browns | Anderson, team differ on contract length

Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:39:11 -0800

The Columbus Dispatch reports Cleveland Browns QB Derek Anderson and the Browns differ on the length of a potential contract extension. The Browns have made a three-year offer but Anderson is seeking a five-year deal. Browns general manager Phil Savage could use a one-year tender on Anderson if the two sides can't reach a long-term agreement. Teams would then have to offer up a first and third-round pick if they wanted to sign him.

I don't get what this has to do with the Falcons getting Anderson or not. They (Cleveland)haven't yet franchised Anderson, and they aren't going to tender him for the price of a 1st and 3rd. Well, they'll be putting out a lot of money in that case to two QBs. They could do it though, but that doesn't mean they will get a first and third for him in a trade.

This looks like an article where Crennel or someone in the Browns FO called the local media and said, "Hmmm, you know we are considering giving Anderson the highest tender, so yeh, maybe you should write an article or something. That sounds like something all Browns fans need to know." Yeah, well, I'll call their bluff. Go ahead and give it to him then Cleveland. I'll say they are using the media to throw out a nice dose of misinformation to get other teams to act on Anderson sooner rather than later.

I think they're full of crap.

celtik

celtiksage (2/1/2008)
I don't get what this has to do with the Falcons getting Anderson or not. They (Cleveland)haven't yet franchised Anderson, and they aren't going to tender him for the price of a 1st and 3rd. Well, they'll be putting out a lot of money in that case to two QBs. They could do it though, but that doesn't mean they will get a first and third for him in a trade.

This looks like an article where Crennel or someone in the Browns FO called the local media and said, "Hmmm, you know we are considering giving Anderson the highest tender, so yeh, maybe you should write an article or something. That sounds like something all Browns fans need to know." Yeah, well, I'll call their bluff. Go ahead and give it to him then Cleveland. I'll say they are using the media to throw out a nice dose of misinformation to get other teams to act on Anderson sooner rather than later.

celtik

Well they blew their First round pick for Brady now they need one. They do not have alot of picks this year, but no way in **** I would want us to giver up ours to trade him. Now Trade D-hall and a pick for him, thats a idea. They need a CB too, Somebody is going to pull the trigger on this deal, they think Brady is going to take over in the end anyway. Heir apperant. Why pay for 2 high priced QBs,when they need defense so bad. This is Brees and Rivers all over again. And look what Brees did, NFCCG. ;) Cleaveland does have the cash to keep 2 QBs but it also depends on Anderson, its his only his 3rd year. He wants a long term deal. ;)

celtiksage (2/1/2008)

celtik

Im glad that Anderson wants a long term deal , that will give us a better shot at getting him this year, I'd take him or Quinn, I really like them both a lot. I'd rather have Quinn thou.

Ken Radcliff (2/1/2008)
Hopefully Dimitroff doesn't make a huge mistake by trading away a top 3 corner for anyone. The only way this franchise turns a corner is by not making the same mistake of letting talented players leave, whether that be by trade or free agency.

Nah! He wouldnt do that , but he could give our 2nd rouder for one .

this is EXACTLY what I said the day the terms of the extension were released. Check my threads on it.

I said he was offered 3 years because they want to keep Quinn long term and have flexibility to trade him after next season. I knew it once Savage said "Cle hopes to keep both QBs for at least one more season".

Anderson isnt dumb. I am sure he is aware of what Schaub got, and Schaub did ALOT less than DA did to earn that contract.

I would take DA in Atlanta any day. He is not gonna be a flash in the pan, and I havent heard one reporter, analyst ect feel he will be either.

Picture this scenario:

They tender him for a 1st and a 3rd.

We trade our 2nd and something else to move into the first round with the pick of the Super Bowl loser or winner [remember NE does not have their pick].

We package that pick with our comp pick in the 3rd for Kerney.

Essentially we have turned a 2nd round pick and an early 4th round pick into a 1 and a 3 to secure Anderson.

====OR, we offer them a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year in trade--I seem to remember one time this worked.

First off saying that "Anderson will not be in the Falcons plans" is the same as saying that Mariucci will be the next head coach for the Redskins just because he set up an interview. Cheap way to get attention. Anyway...

It was pretty obvious from the start that the Browns would at least try to retain DA because Quinn has not developed into a starter yet. The Browns also said they would entertain offers. I don't recall that being in your quote. A high probability is never a definite as was asserted in your heading.

I actually would like it better if DA gets another year to prove that this was not a flash in the pan with perhaps some of the variables such as team mates changing on the team to see if he can perform on the Falcons team. I think he has what it takes but not enough to bet the farm on him yet.

cshot4 (2/1/2008)
Browns | Anderson, team differ on contract length

Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:39:11 -0800

The Columbus Dispatch reports Cleveland Browns QB Derek Anderson and the Browns differ on the length of a potential contract extension. The Browns have made a three-year offer but Anderson is seeking a five-year deal. Browns general manager Phil Savage could use a one-year tender on Anderson if the two sides can't reach a long-term agreement. Teams would then have to offer up a first and third-round pick if they wanted to sign him.

dude, there was never any official statement that said Derek Anderson would be a Falcon.

Why post this kind of junk when it is so obvious there is no story here.