the falcons may have there eyes on Sedrick Ellis

atljbo

couts said USC DT Sedrick Ellis was "head and shoulders" above any other prospect at the Senior Bowl.

Ellis played the nose and three technique at Southern Cal, but is at his best when shooting gaps. He could go as high as No. 3 overall to the Falcons.

ALSO

If the Lions do trade Shaun Rogers, it is thought they'll ask for a proven player who can immediately fill one of the Lions' many defensive holes.

Booth Newspapers' Tom Kowalski mentions Bill Parcells as a potential suitor, noting that Parcells "gushed" about Rogers in conference calls before the Cowboys played the Lions. If the Lions can't find trade partner, Kowalski believes the Lions will give Rogers a weight limit and fine him if he doesn't meet it, a la Mike Williams.

I would trade rod coleman or keith brooking or even sign and trade D-MO........I know some people says that Shaun Rogers gets lazy sometimes but yooo this man had 38 takles, 7 sacks and 1 int..... those are probowl type numbers....Shaun Rogers is only 28 years old

Imagine thiis as our starting DT....6'4 340lbs Shaun Rogers and 6'1 308lbs Sedrick Ellis .... and the backups 6'3 317lbs and 6'5 32olbs Frank Okam, (4th round and future starting DT) ........ This would be the perfect Cover 2 DT combo

atljbo (2/1/2008)
couts said USC DT Sedrick Ellis was "head and shoulders" above any other prospect at the Senior Bowl.

Ellis played the nose and three technique at Southern Cal, but is at his best when shooting gaps. He could go as high as No. 3 overall to the Falcons.

ALSO

If the Lions do trade Shaun Rogers, it is thought they'll ask for a proven player who can immediately fill one of the Lions' many defensive holes.

Booth Newspapers' Tom Kowalski mentions Bill Parcells as a potential suitor, noting that Parcells "gushed" about Rogers in conference calls before the Cowboys played the Lions. If the Lions can't find trade partner, Kowalski believes the Lions will give Rogers a weight limit and fine him if he doesn't meet it, a la Mike Williams.

I would trade rod coleman or keith brooking or even sign and trade D-MO........I know some people says that Shaun Rogers gets lazy sometimes but yooo this man had 38 takles, 7 sacks and 1 int..... those are probowl type numbers....Shaun Rogers is only 28 years old

Imagine thiis as our starting DT....6'4 340lbs Shaun Rogers and 6'1 308lbs Sedrick Ellis .... and the backups 6'3 317lbs and 6'5 32olbs Frank Okam, (4th round and future starting DT) ........ This would be the perfect Cover 2 DT combo

**** yeah I would do that. our D line would make opposing teams sick before kickoff. we'd still have an inadequate DE in Anderson but maybe having Ellis blowing sh*t up next to him would help him out

atljbo (2/1/2008)

ALSO

We do not need to draft another DT in the 1ST round. We have other weaknesses such as OL, QB and RB. DT is not a priority

frankthetank966 (2/1/2008)

We do not need to draft another DT in the 1ST round. We have other weaknesses such as OL, QB and RB. DT is not a priority

do you not remember that we had no pass rush in the middle and was gashed in the middle ?.. DT is a problem area to

grendel (2/1/2008)
That's garbage.

The Peanut Gallery has Spoken :blink:

Dorsey got injured in the Auburn game when the Auburn OL got tired of him making them look foolish and they took a cheap shot. One guy held him up while another dove directly into his knee with his foot planted. I was surprised that his whole knee wasn't torn up. The fact that it was just a sprain tells me that he's not injury prone AT ALL. That was the cheapest shot I've EVER seen in college. It's not quite as bad as Haynesworth stomping on Gurode's face, but it's close.

Dorsey wore braces on both his legs as the result of a bone structure abnormality from birth until well into his pre-teens.

I guess you wouldn't know that guzzling heavy doses cool aid. :pinch:

DT is NOT our main need and should not be spent on with out our top pick.. we have Trey Lewis who is a future pro bowler... Coleman who will hopefully get healthy in the offseason... Babs is a viable back up... and then there is still FA's... i don't see the sense of drafting a DT with our top pick... just makes no sense to me... OT is way more needy right now...

Smashmouth (2/1/2008)
grendel (2/1/2008)
That's garbage.

The Peanut Gallery has Spoken :blink:

Dorsey got injured in the Auburn game when the Auburn OL got tired of him making them look foolish and they took a cheap shot. One guy held him up while another dove directly into his knee with his foot planted. I was surprised that his whole knee wasn't torn up. The fact that it was just a sprain tells me that he's not injury prone AT ALL. That was the cheapest shot I've EVER seen in college. It's not quite as bad as Haynesworth stomping on Gurode's face, but it's close.

Dorsey wore braces on both his legs as the result of a bone structure abnormality from birth until well into his pre-teens.

I guess you wouldn't know that guzzling heavy doses cool aid. :pinch:

Look what those braces did for Forrest Gump! :D But all knows I'm a Ellis fan and was the first one on his banwagon , but I'm glad a lot has jumped on since th first of Dec.

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/1/2008)
DT is NOT our main need and should not be spent on with out our top pick.. we have Trey Lewis who is a future pro bowler... Coleman who will hopefully get healthy in the offseason... Babs is a viable back up... and then there is still FA's... i don't see the sense of drafting a DT with our top pick... just makes no sense to me... OT is way more needy right now...

Well, when you have a Special player at a position of great need and it is one of our 2 greatest needs , Then you jump on him and he will be the best player avaiable at our pick if he is still there .

As I've said many times .............

1.Ellis is a higher rated player than Jake

2.There is only a few Elite players and Ellis is at the top of those .

3.There are only a few really good DTs and the depth at OT is 3 rds deep .

4.Jake will be a good blocker but Ellis will be a big time game changer.

5.With the addition of Ellis our DL will improve greater than if we added jake to our OL.

6.The Double team that is demanded every play for Ellis will open up the line for the DEs.

7.The giants are in the SB and they led the NFL in Sacks , and so did Ellis last year for DTs.

Draftnut57 (2/1/2008)

Look what those braces did for Forrest Gump! :D But all knows I'm a Ellis fan and was the first one on his banwagon , but I'm glad a lot has jumped on since th first of Dec.

Yeah all I can say is kudos to those of you who were on the wagon from day one.

I have seen the light.

We gotta build this team up front. Trey Lewis becoming a Pro BOwler is nothing but wishful thinking. He's a 6th rounder coming off of a season ending injury. Rod Coleman is getting old. Babineaux has made more news off the field than on it.

It's time to build this team up front. Mike Smith needs his John Henderson/Marcus STroud up front.