Do not Hire

Bill Ferguson

By reading some comments in this board, one would think that ANYONE who ever worked for a poor company or a company who lost value, should never be hired. The economy does not matter, poor management at the top does not matter, a stronger competitor does not matter.

To the folks at Enron - go on welfare - our message board folks say you are a loser

Work for an oil company? Hire that person now, must be a winner

Oh, you worked for an oil company then Enron? Go on welfare, we don't want you

Oh, you worked for Enron, then an oil company? Does not matter - go on welfare

Oh - you worked with MIke Vick at Enron? Must have been then O-lines fault - we'll hire you? Oh, you were with Vick at the dog house? We'll forget all about the next trial, and any NFL suspension - you and Mike will be back next year. We all know Mike is running and lifting, as well as watching film every day - you and he will be ready!!!

I say - Support this franchise if your a fan - our coach is a known workaholic, and detailed minded, and he had a defense that other teams did not want to play.

McCarthy was a good Offense coordinator - it's what got him the job in buffalo - where he had crap talent. So now he suddenly can't coach offense?

Van Gorder - let's face facts - he has jumped around too much - but he has put a huge red flag in goiing to any college again, and can't leave for another D-Coordinator job. He's here to stay - and I like the fact he already knows the coachs defense - no on the job training here.

Go Falcons - Mr Blank - sign me up for two season tickets - I like the direction we are taking.

tom Baldwin (2/1/2008)
quoted from "bill ferguson" Go Falcons - Mr Blank - sign me up for two season tickets - I like the direction we are taking.

Some folks have more money than they do sense.

tom you and chiropractor need to find the team you guys are for and join their message board and let us falcons fans have our board without your negative posts.

You would have been one to jump on the Tiki Barber bandwagon and would have been screaming about the Giants head coach - the team seems pretty happy right now, and so are the fans. Tiki? He is seeing a chiropractor for that pain in his mouth. They are removing his foot.

More money than sense? Perhaps. More sense than you? No doubt.

Isn't it funny, though? When the Falcons hire someone from a winner, i.e. Dimitroff and Smith, people complain. Then when you hire someone from Miami or Oakland, people complain. I've come to the realization that you're never going to make everyone happy, and there are those who will never be happy regardless of what you do.

The Cush (2/1/2008)
Isn't it funny, though? When the Falcons hire someone from a winner, i.e. Dimitroff and Smith, people complain. Then when you hire someone from Miami or Oakland, people complain. I've come to the realization that you're never going to make everyone happy, and there are those who will never be happy regardless of what you do.

exactly. i am not a blind homer either. I will go on an endless rant about Jamaal Anderson sucking and being a wasted draft pick or Brooking not being able to tackle anyone. but this GM and coaching staff have not even been given a chance together with this team and there are so many people already dooming them to failure. at least see what they can do before assuming that they suck

Bill Ferguson (2/1/2008)
By reading some comments in this board, one would think that ANYONE who ever worked for a poor company or a company who lost value, should never be hired. The economy does not matter, poor management at the top does not matter, a stronger competitor does not matter.

It's a matter of fit and more than anything we want to WIN NOW! :pinch: :w00t: :crazy:

To the folks at Enron - go on welfare - our message board folks say you are a loser

Work for an oil company? Hire that person now, must be a winner

Oh, you worked for an oil company then Enron? Go on welfare, we don't want you

Oh, you worked for Enron, then an oil company? Does not matter - go on welfare

Ahh... Most of the workers did end up on welfare or worst. :crying: :pinch: doh?

The Enron FO stole what they could steal.

Then lied or did the time to keep what they did steal..... So whats your point?

Oh - you worked with MIke Vick at Enron? Must have been then O-lines fault - we'll hire you? Oh, you were with Vick at the dog house? We'll forget all about the next trial, and any NFL suspension - you and Mike will be back next year. We all know Mike is running and lifting, as well as watching film every day - you and he will be ready!!!

:blink: huh? I smell cool aid.....

I say - Support this franchise if your a fan - our coach is a known workaholic, and detailed minded and he had a defense that other teams did not want to play.

We'll see...

McCarthy was a good Offense coordinator - it's what got him the job in buffalo - where he had crap talent. So now he suddenly can't coach offense?

I guess that crap talent followed him to Miami too.

Our offensive players are on par with Miami, so what's your point?

Van Gorder - let's face facts - he has jumped around too much - but he has put a huge red flag in goiing to any college again, and can't leave for another D-Coordinator job. He's here to stay - and I like the fact he already knows the coachs defense - no on the job training here.

I'm under whelmed :doze:

Go Falcons - Mr Blank - sign me up for two season tickets - I like the direction we are taking.

And make it a double!!

I'm guessing you mean Mularkey. I think Mike McCarthy went from being the OC in New Orleans to being the Packers HC - right? And I read on the NO message board during his and Haslett's last season, how McCarthy sucks and needs to be fired............Hmmmm!

Anyway - I agree with your point. Teams lose for a lot of different reasons, and the coaches get fired. Jim Mora, with 2 different Coordinators, would probably still be coaching the Falcons.

When position coaches' or coordinators' teams win, other teams want to hire them away. Either way there's always a carousel every year.

Thing is, you just never know when you might put the right staff together that clicks on all cylinders.