2006 263 427 2942 61.6 6.89 79 15 10 19 126.38

2007 388 654 4507 59.3 6.89 71 31 19 21 127.04

Brian Brohm:

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2004 66 98 819 67.3 8.36 74 6 2 11 153.67

2005 207 301 2883 68.8 9.58 76 19 5 17 166.73

2006 199 313 3049 63.6 9.74 75 16 5 16 159.08

2007 308 473 4024 65.1 8.51 81 30 12 24 152.43

Yes, Matt Ryan is the best QB in the draft...

Guest Libid21

I saw that earlier, and I was surprised Scott Wright would rank Forte that high among the other running backs. Forte's not going to break the third round barrier any time soon unless he can show what he can do in the Combine, so I think it was a little shocking that he would put Forte in the second round. It's not like I don't like the pick, I just think we should get more value from that certain pick instead of drafting a running back who will most likely be there in the third round.

The other picks were decent. I'm not on Ryan's bandwagon at all (I don't think a lot of people are), but I wouldn't be surprised nor would I be angry if we drafted him. Disappointed, yeah (if we were able to get Dorsey or Ellis in that pick), but I don't think there's anything wrong with Ryan except him stating that he does not want to be here. Baker's a good prospect, but I don't see him fitting in with this power blocking system as well as his numbers would project him to be. He's a huge lineman, but he seems to be light in weight and easily pushed around. If anything, he would be a center, but it's too late to switch his position now.

I don't see the Falcons taking a QB in the first round. (...or RB for that matter)

If we had a shot at Ellis in the 1st and passed him up I would be shocked. he may be the most NFL ready player in the draft and that is saying a lot considering his position.

Ken Radcliff (2/1/2008)
I don't see the Falcons taking a QB in the first round. (...or RB for that matter)

If we had a shot at Ellis in the 1st and passed him up I would be shocked. he may be the most NFL ready player in the draft and that is saying a lot considering his position.

I agree with your first point. No QB in the 1st. But your thoughts on Ellis being the most NFL-ready player in the draft I don't agree with.

falconboy21 (2/1/2008)
I am tired of seeing Matt Ryan as our number one spot. He is not our number one choice. We need to worry about a lineman or defense line man. There is not one great qb in this draft that really stands out

maybe to you and others here he is not our firstchoice noone here really has muhc of a clue 2 who the team likes they could like him they might not nobody really noes

Ken Radcliff (2/1/2008)

The Rams probably won't pass on Ellis at #2. Ellis is more of a play-maker than Dorsey, and The Rams regime need immediate help. I think they go with Ellis at #2 ahead of THe Falcons, Chiefs, and Raiders.

Remember this quote: "We must contol the line of scrimmage."

Dorsey would be a better fit for The Falcons because he can be more of a NT. The Falcons have 2 or possibly 3 UTs in Babineaux, Coleman, and Lewis already..

Ellis probabaly won't be available past pick #2-4. Dorsey may.

I think there is a good shot that they select Dorsey at #4 (if McFadden goes before The Falcons pick)

red2play (2/1/2008)
I would love to get Sedrick Ellis and find a way to get Johnathon Stewart. Sub 4.5 speed along with 23x+ lbs. Can you say bettis 2.0?
1st where have you seen that Stewart has sub 4.5 speed? Everything I've seen lists him at 4.5 even. But my guess is that if he's man enough to run on a neutral field at the combine, he'll be in the 4.6's. So I doubt he has the balls to run at the combine.

2nd, TJ Duckett was in that speed range (sub 4.5) and that worked out really well as Bettis 2.0 didn't it.

Bottom line, avoid Stewart like the plague.

1989fan (2/1/2008)
Norwood32 (2/1/2008)
I don't even bother with mocks that have us taking Matt Ryan because i can tell they have no clue.

thats a bold statement. What knowledge do you have that makes your opinion more valid?

It's just my opinion. I don't like Matt Ryan at all, i think he is overrated and he's already said he doesn't want to play for ATL. I would be seriously pissed if we drafted him at 3-5.

IrishDart24 (2/2/2008)

Where did he say he didn't want to play for Atl? I haven't heard that before.

It was before he played Virginia Tech. One of the guys was interviewing him and i don't remember what was said exactly, but the guy said ATL needs a QB and then Ryan said "Umm No Thanks." Again i don't remember the exact words and all.

one problem i have noticed with scott wright is that he becomes extremely predictable, and sometimes i dont think he puts a lot of thought into some of his mocks. obviously he puts a lot more into it than some people and some newspapers, but he has had us taking ryan for about the last 2 or 3 drafts he made, and before that it was Brian Brohm! i mean get off the QB thing scott, we ALL know we need a quarterback, but i can make a very strong argument that the "best" qb in this draft, matt ryan, doesnt even belong in the top 10, much less the top 5. get off his jock and make an original draft, because this garbage about us taking a QB has been getting reposted in your mock draft every time you update it, and lo-and-behold, it is still garbage.

weve clearly become an after-thought, and instead of considering how badly we could use a guy like Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey or even Ryan Clady, he just regurgitates the same crap and goes on to the next pick. with probably the same reasoning.

it just gets old.

Libid21 (2/1/2008)
I saw that earlier, and I was surprised Scott Wright would rank Forte that high among the other running backs. Forte's not going to break the third round barrier any time soon unless he can show what he can do in the Combine, so I think it was a little shocking that he would put Forte in the second round. It's not like I don't like the pick, I just think we should get more value from that certain pick instead of drafting a running back who will most likely be there in the third round.

The other picks were decent. I'm not on Ryan's bandwagon at all (I don't think a lot of people are), but I wouldn't be surprised nor would I be angry if we drafted him. Disappointed, yeah (if we were able to get Dorsey or Ellis in that pick), but I don't think there's anything wrong with Ryan except him stating that he does not want to be here. Baker's a good prospect, but I don't see him fitting in with this power blocking system as well as his numbers would project him to be. He's a huge lineman, but he seems to be light in weight and easily pushed around. If anything, he would be a center, but it's too late to switch his position now.

I think Forte will go late second or early 3rd at the latest, and here's why.

1. Tulane just changed into a pro style offense and Forte was their only weapon and he still rushed for 2000+ yards this past season with other teams putting 8 and 9 men in the box.

2. He gets stronger as the game goes along while others are wearing down.

3. He is considered the best blocking back in the draft

4. Is a natural receiver out of the back field.

I really hope he is there at our 3rd pick.