Famous musical groups that, for the life of Brian, you just can't get into

Statick

For me, it's always been The Beatles.

I know John Lennon is a legend to some folks, I love Paul McCartney's work with Wings and his various solo stuff, Ringo Starr was funny in the movie 'Caveman', even George Harrison had a couple of hits before he passed, but as a collective group, their music bores the **** out of me. I just don't get the infatuation.

And I actually OWN a Beatles album!

I've tried (which is why I have a Beatles album) I really have, but maybe I should have been born in the '60s, experienced the British Invasion (and be high on drugs) in order to understand the music (or the ongoing fame) of the Beatles.

Another 'artist' is Bob Dylan.

Who could understand what the heck Bob's saying?

Comments?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statick (2/1/2008)

I know John Lennon is a legend to some folks, I love Paul McCartney's work with Wings and his various solo stuff, Ringo Starr was funny in the movie 'Caveman', even George Harrison had a couple of hits before he passed, but as a collective group, their music bores the **** out of me. I just don't get the infatuation.

I've tried (which is why I have a Beatles album) I really have, but maybe I should have been born in the '60s, experienced the British Invasion (and be high on drugs) in order to understand the music (or the ongoing fame) of the Beatles.

Comments?

You're dead to me....

;)

What album do you own may I ask?

LennonMcCartney ! (2/1/2008)
Statick (2/1/2008)

Comments?

You're dead to me....

;)

What album do you own may I ask?

The one with the big green apple on it.

I also checked out The White Album and the Sgt. Pepper one from the library.

silentbob1272 (2/1/2008)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers suck s**t, The Grateful Dead are aptly named, I will be very grateful when that pos band is finally dead (band, not the people).

as a sidenote, those of you who do not like Nirvana are out of your freaking minds! Bob Dylan is the man as well.

You like Nirvana, but not Tom Petty? This type of bad decision making clearly carries over to your chocie of politicians :D

Rolling Stones. I'm sorry, I love Paint it Black, but most of their stuff is just good to me, not great.

Never been a Pink Floyd fan, but I was born in '74, so maybe that's my problem.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, whatever.

I hate, HATE "Jeremy", but aside from that song, whoever said Pearl Jam is going to ****.

etifan (2/1/2008)
Rolling Stones. I'm sorry, I love Paint it Black, but most of their stuff is just good to me, not great.

Never been a Pink Floyd fan, but I was born in '74, so maybe that's my problem.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, whatever.

I hate, HATE "Jeremy", but aside from that song, whoever said Pearl Jam is going to ****.

The only journey song i like is Don't Stop Believing

Statick...as always, great thread...

1. The Beatles. I know they're icons...but geez...these guys were the original In Synch or Backstreet Boys...and since they were from another country, technically, they were the original Menudo. They had some good songs...they also had quite a few crappy ones...They were a good band...but IMO, I just can't buy into this notion that they were this all powerful, greatest of all time BS...;)

2. Nirvana. If it wasn't for Cobain blowing his brains out, this band would've faded into inglorious nostalgia. They're helped to bring Grunge to the forefront of consciousness, but they weren't really that good at it. Bands like Mudhoney and Mother Love Bone and the Screaming Trees were all better "grunge" bands then Nirvana. ****, were it not for Andrew Wood and Mother Love Bone, "grunge" and Nirvana would never have made it out of the garage...However, the band did give Dave Grohl a launchpad...and for that, I'm thankful.

3. Rush. These guys were cool if you're in junior high, sitting around in your basement getting "geeked" on yoohoo and D&D...after that though...they just become annoying. Yes, Neil Peart is a fabulous drummer...but Getty Lee is a shrieking nitwit on vocals. Christina Aguillera sounds more masculine than he does...:P

Statick (2/1/2008)
silentbob1272 (2/1/2008)
Bob Dylan is the man as well.

:PI should have said "justify your comments".

Ok...why, IYHO is he the "man"?

I just don't get him.

It actually took me a while, I was listening to his greatest hits cd and his version of "Times They are a changin" just won me over and after that I just heard Dylan with a different perspective. I think he borders on great now. I will admit though, he is a guy you either love or hate, not much in the grey area with him.