The Lions are looking to trade or release.....

oh **** yeah I would like to see Grady Jackson back in Atlanta. he probably won't want to re-sign here again though. I'd rather draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey instead of signing Shaun Rogers though. Rogers is a top DT so if they want to dump him then he must really have some issues.

Smashmouth (1/31/2008)
Shaun Rogers DT/NT.

This is worth looking into.

We have a huge hole left open by the Grady>Pretendo debacle. :crying:

He's lazy and has poor conditioning. If he worked up to his potential, he would be making the pro bowl every year.

There's usually a reason when teams let very talented players go before their contracts end...

Smashmouth (1/31/2008)
Shaun Rogers DT/NT.

He is a good tackle but I am not sure if he fits with the system. We have two pretty solid tackles with Abe and Coleman. Anderson is iffy. I think if we can get him after we fill several other needs it would be cool, but we have other priorities. P.S. He is still pretty young
frankthetank966 (1/31/2008)
Smashmouth (1/31/2008)
Shaun Rogers DT/NT.

He is a good tackle but I am not sure if he fits with the system. We have two pretty solid tackles with Abe and Coleman. Anderson is iffy. I think if we can get him after we fill several other needs it would be cool, but we have other priorities. P.S. He is still pretty young

First off Abraham and Anderson are defensive ends. Coleman has

been hurt a bunch, Babineaux and Trey Lewis looked good but Lewis

had the knee. I think we could use another guy in there especially

somebody who is dominant. They are big fat guys that need to rest

typically. So you need at least 4 to rotate.

wait for him to get released, and sign him if we can't get albert haynesworth

plus, lions are offensive minded so rogers has no incentive to play hard. plus, the team isn't that good anyways. he probably went down hill because kitna's prediction didnt' come true and the lions lost like 8 games straight or something.

have him come to the falcons, and tell him that we are defensive minded and we are going to win, i'm sure he'd work hard.

snicker (1/31/2008)
oh **** yeah I would like to see Grady Jackson back in Atlanta. he probably won't want to re-sign here again though. I'd rather draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey instead of signing Shaun Rogers though. Rogers is a top DT so if they want to dump him then he must really have some issues.

I have heard that Grady is interested in coming back to ATL now that Petrino is gone!

steelerdawg (2/1/2008)
He has the talent just not the work ethic, you bring him in for a look then offer him an incentive laden contract, if he turns you down you'll know working hard isn't in his game plan.

I'd much rather have a hungry young player who knows if he doesn't bust his azz he's gone

instead of a big contract.

I agree with you...

He'd be Great depth to starting material for the right deal.

However you might want to limit his play count and keep him fresher deep into the 2nd half.

Which would relegate him to being a roll player, so his incentives should be structured that way in his deal.