Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans

k-train

Anybody ever stayed there? I'm gonna be there in May for a few days and was worndering if anyone knows about this place. Supposedly, a bunch of authors have stayed there and the place is haunted. Sounds like a good time.:)

It'll be my first time in N.O., so if anybody has any suggestions on things to do/avoid, etc., lemme know. Thanks!

k-train (1/31/2008)
Anybody ever stayed there? I'm gonna be there in May for a few days and was worndering if anyone knows about this place. Supposedly, a bunch of authors have stayed there and the place is haunted. Sounds like a good time.:)

It'll be my first time in N.O., so if anybody has any suggestions on things to do/avoid, etc., lemme know. Thanks!

My suggestion is don't go, New Orleans is a cesspool, go to Charleston, SC it has more history, better architecture, 10x better restaurants, and much friendlier people.

If your set on NO, look into this hotel, it was very nice and inexpensive $150.00 per night.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=...el_Review|+none

k-train (1/31/2008)

Don't drink the water !!!

silentbob1272 (1/31/2008)
k-train (1/31/2008)

My suggestion is don't go, New Orleans is a cesspool, go to Charleston, SC it has more history, better architecture, 10x better restaurants, and much friendlier people.

If your set on NO, look into this hotel, it was very nice and inexpensive $150.00 per night.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=...el_Review|+none

Thanks for the tip. NO can't be much worse thean Philly or Detroit can it? Was supposed to be playing in Charleston in a few weeks, but it fell through. Somehow, I've never been there either, but I've heard it's a cool place. My girlfriend works in the Sociology Dept. at UNC and the N.O. trip is for a work conference she has to attend there. The Monteleone is supposed to be a pretty high-end hotel, but the University is paying for it, so the cost isn't an issue this time. The band's gonna be down there in June though, so I'll have to keep the place you mentioned in mind for that trip.

scott24falcs (1/31/2008)
octoslash (1/31/2008)

If you want to blend in, make sure to urinate often, right in the street.

Yes, and make sure you wait to throw up until you're on the street. And if you have any trash, just throw it wherever you please. :D

I haven't been to that hotel though.

I've spent more than half my life working and playing in rock clubs all over the country, so I'm kinda used to being around these kind of surroundings.:D

k-train (1/31/2008)

I have been inside............it does have that old, kinda creepy feel to it. I stayed right down the street at the Royal 509 and I had what I believe was a paranormal experience. I was playing a CD and all of a sudden the room got cold and the CD inside the boom box started spinning way faster than normal and the music stopped. I opened the top of the boombox to take the CD out and it kept spinning at the very high RPMs, which usually, it would stop spinning all together if I did that. I pulled the CD out and =the rotating device stopped. This had never happened before with that boombox and it never happened again.

the evil emperor (1/31/2008)
k-train (1/31/2008)

Don't drink the water !!!

Not a problem... I don't drink anything but bourbon.;)

Try http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6..._Louisiana.html. My husband and I went to NO last March for his work conference. I wanted to stay there, but all the boutique hotels were full. We ended up at Drury French Quarter.

The streetcars had just started running again so we used those quite a bit (we had a car, but parking was awful). The operators and restaurant workers kept thanking us for visiting, which was a bit unsettling. I walked around by myself quite a bit, but I felt safe most of the time. It's like most cities - don't make yourself a target and stay aware. The food is awesome (unless you're my husband, who hates Creole/Cajun).

It was an odd experience...it's one of my favorite cities, but seeing the level of destruction that STILL exists was infuriating.

Don't ask dirtybird fans their opinons of Nola, all they'll do is slag on it with their

"everywhere USA city."

People that pee in the street will get arrested if caught doing so, just like anywhere else.

You'll find plenty to do just being here. It's like being in old world Europe.

Nola is the queen of the south and have people visiting from around the world

for a reason. It's the closest to Amsterdam that you will find in the states.

Visit the St. Louis cemetary #1 if you like ghosts. It was established in the 1700's.

Here is some recent pics I took ther while showing some peeps around.

9840l_6a9f6d454fc800f81c362cdc5c42bbb5.jpg

8133l_a8874deeb8b15e230e41c70662a2dea6.jpg

2601l_cd6ebd1a5001b6d0f2f137d5c65eedab.jpg

Have fun....I know you will.:cool:

silentbob1272 (1/31/2008)
k-train (1/31/2008)

You have got to be joking! lol!