What's up with the Ryan bandwagon?

ATLFalcfan

Summary of Mock Selections (Jan. 30, 2008)

Player No. of Selections

QB Matt Ryan 14

RB Darren McFadden 7

DT Sedrick Ellis 2

OT Jake Long 1

QB Brian Brohm 1

J. Michael Moore has this summary of various draft mocks on the AF.com. Why are so many draft mocks still having us select Matt Ryan? I'm sorry but I just don't see this happening but am curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

WHile I don't want us to draft him I can understand why so many "mocks" have us taking him. We have no qb to build around and that position is vital to long term success of a franchise. Many people believe that he does "have to goods" and thus would be a great pick. I disagree.

xnex (1/31/2008)
WHile I don't want us to draft him I can understand why so many "mocks" have us taking him. We have no qb to build around and that position is vital to long term success of a franchise. Many people believe that he does "have to goods" and thus would be a great pick. I disagree.

I agree. I've heard the argument that if Ryan could learn not to throw into pressure he'd be a great QB. Well, if Pac Man could quit going to strip clubs he'd be a great DB. Bad habits are hard to break.

falconfanjason (1/31/2008)
I thought I read somewhere Ryan doesn't want to come here. Why draft a guy that will probably hold out on you?

If we can't get Ellis or Long trading down sounds better and better to me.

I don't want him, but I think that statement was made when Petrino was still here. I don't know if he didn't want to play in Atlanta, or didn't want to play under him.

If we would at least pick up Ellis or Dorsey, we could add a MLB and our defense would be a top 10 in the league. If we pick up Ryan we would most likely have to start over from scratch if he didn't work out, which I'm almost CERTAIN he won't work out.

If Matt Ryan can't stand up to the VT defense, he most CERTAINLY won't stand up to an NFL defense.

I am not super picky.

I just want our 1st pick to weigh over 300 lbs.

That means that he is a trench beeotch.

Which is good.

Just for clarification, are those mock drafts that were made by AF.com members or by the sports talking heads?

Because if it is the later, I can understand why the Mocks are so skewed.

The "experts" can't be bothered to research our team in depth.

They just know "Need QB and Matt Ryan is rated high".

hawkeyes (1/31/2008)
joremari (1/31/2008)
just thought i would point out that matt ryan threw 31 td passes, not 15.

Ryan also threw 19 interceptions. He single handly cost BC 3 losses by throwing 6 interceptions.

watch how many games BC wins now that he is gone. that team is probably a 3 win team next year.

joremari (1/31/2008)
hawkeyes (1/31/2008)
joremari (1/31/2008)
just thought i would point out that matt ryan threw 31 td passes, not 15.

Ryan also threw 19 interceptions. He single handly cost BC 3 losses by throwing 6 interceptions.

watch how many games BC wins now that he is gone. that team is probably a 3 win team next year.

he was not the only one playing. they had a good Defense.

check the stats.

BC stats

Matt ryan isnt the only reason the won games, and that logic is like saying Brady Quinn is a superstar, because ND had bad season, since he left. the QB needs Oline, Defense, wides and RB. the wides and RB might not have been that good, but they had to be atleast a quarter decent to atleast catch the ball. and he needs a Line to block for him.