Did Mike Huckabee Endorse OBAMA Last Night? Or Imply Reagan WOULD?

HolyMoses

It wasn't just his specific policies, but Ronald Reagan was something more than just a policy wonk. He was a man who loved this country, and he inspired this country to believe in itself again.

What made Ronald Reagan a great president was not just the intricacies of his policies, though they were good policies. It was that he loved America and saw it as a good nation and a great nation because of the greatness of its people.

And if we can recapture that, that's when we recapture the Reagan spirit. It's that spirit that has a can-do attitude about America's futures and that makes us love our country whether we're Democrats or Republicans. And that's what I believe Ronald Reagan did -- he brought this country back together and made us believe in ourselves.

And whether he believes in us, I hope we still believe in those things which made him a great leader and a great American.

Is there anyone else in the campaign who has that kind of message of hope, unity and renewal?

robpanama (1/31/2008)
He said hes a good communicator and a problem solver. Huckabee isnt really a conservative, so this isnt surprising.

Did he say that about Obama? During the debate?

I only saw the end of the debate, when Huckabee made the above remarks in response to a question about who Reagan would endorse. I should post his introductory remarks:

"I think it would be incredibly presumptuous and even arrogant for me to try to suggest what Ronald Reagan would do, that he would endorse any of us against the others.

"Let me just say this, I'm not going to pretend he would endorse me. I wish he would. I would love that, but I endorse him, and I'm going to tell you why."

He wised up and realized jumping on the Hope Bandwagon is the right path. He's trying to reinvent himself as the Republican Obama.

Btw, I can barely see your avatar, but it looks like Anthony Bourdain (I mean that as a compliment - I love the books and show).

etifan (1/31/2008)
He wised up and realized jumping on the Hope Bandwagon is the right path. He's trying to reinvent himself as the Republican Obama.

Btw, I can barely see your avatar, but it looks like Anthony Bourdain (I mean that as a compliment - I love the books and show).

It's actually ME doing my impression of message board legend, ABDU, but with an Obama t shirt.

holymoses (1/31/2008)
etifan (1/31/2008)
He wised up and realized jumping on the Hope Bandwagon is the right path. He's trying to reinvent himself as the Republican Obama. Btw, I can barely see your avatar, but it looks like Anthony Bourdain (I mean that as a compliment - I love the books and show).

It's actually ME doing my impression of message board legend, ABDU, but with an Obama t shirt.

Oh. No idea who ABDU is, sorry. Does Obama sell sleeveless t's? Or would you like to take this Thursday opportunity to reveal your inner fashionisto? :D

etifan (1/31/2008)
holymoses (1/31/2008)
etifan (1/31/2008)
He wised up and realized jumping on the Hope Bandwagon is the right path. He's trying to reinvent himself as the Republican Obama. Btw, I can barely see your avatar, but it looks like Anthony Bourdain (I mean that as a compliment - I love the books and show).

Oh. No idea who ABDU is, sorry. Does Obama sell sleeveless t's? Or would you like to take this Thursday opportunity to reveal your inner fashionisto? :D

I will reveal that I like "showing off" my skinny arms! (note profile pic)

holymoses (1/31/2008)

Considering I thought that pic was Anthony Bourdain, and he's a skinny man, I'll take your word for it!

Am harboring great resentment for all of you who are wearing sleeveless this time of year...

etifan (1/31/2008)
holymoses (1/31/2008)

Considering I thought that pic was Anthony Bourdain, and he's a skinny man, I'll take your word for it!

Am harboring great resentment for all of you who are wearing sleeveless this time of year...

We're NOT!!! I've been wearing that shirt since last MARCH!!!

(Maybe I should wash it, huh?)