Jamaal's 2008 dilemna: Demotion, re-assignment, cut, practice squad or back-up

ATL--75

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
This isn't about 'attention', but new Falcon managment (Dimitroff/ coaching staff) may be trying to correct McKay's biggest drafting mistake and potentially the biggest draft bust in Falcon history... Jamaal Anderson..

Which is 100% opinion despite the fraudulent "headline" post title (and thus, the attention whore label)...

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
This isn't about 'attention', but new Falcon managment (Dimitroff/ coaching staff) may be trying to correct McKay's biggest drafting mistake and potentially the biggest draft bust in Falcon history... Jamaal Anderson..

I guess you know nothing about Falcons history is you think he is the biggest bust. Also you are dead wrong on him being a bust anyway. The way I see it is you are the biggest fan bust in Falcons history It must be true because I wrote it!!

I'm sure you were one of the guys calling Mario Williams a bust in his first year too right. Williams came back and had a good year his second year so let's give Jamaal a chance next year with a good D-line coach. Have you ever heard of Audrey Bruce? that would be the Falcons worst draft pick!

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)

You are an idiot.....wtf demotes a ROOKIE after one bad year....not to mention your rookie making 4mill a year......i swear i thought FSU fans were bad....tech fans are just idiots....

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
If Chauncey Davis doesn't reclaim spot, then the Falcons may surprise the fanbase with trading down in the first round and use one of their picks to draft Vernon Gholston from Ohio State.

Jamaal's days as a starter may be numbered.

I don't think theres any way possible that you can deem a draft pick a bust after only one season.

Normally you give a player 3 seasons before putting on the "bust" tag.

What do you think houston fans were saying about Mario Williams after the first season ?

the evil emperor (1/31/2008)
ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
If Chauncey Davis doesn't reclaim spot, then the Falcons may surprise the fanbase with trading down in the first round and use one of their picks to draft Vernon Gholston from Ohio State.

I don't think theres any way possible that you can deem a draft pick a bust after only one season.

What do you think houston fans were saying about Mario Williams after the first season ?

Probably the same thing the idiot who posted this thread is saying.....which accounts to them having no footbal knowledge....just statbase minded.

the evil emperor (1/31/2008)
ATL--75 (1/31/2008)

'Empire'

I don't think I am exaggerating or overstating Jamaal's 'bust factor'.. Usually 'raw' players show us something in their rookie year.. Vick did it. D-Hall did it. Boley did it. Most first round, top-10 players usually provide a glimpse of potential..

Aundray Bruce had six sacks, a couple of INTs in his rookie year..

Jamaal SHOULD NOT have been drafted that early.. He was an overmatched, out of shape JUNIOR at Arkansas who had a few good 'stat' games vs. weak SEC competition that year....

Complaints about fitness or getting stronger is BS..either you're ready or you're not physically... Mario Williams showed promise in his first year..physically he was ALREADY there, but technique wise he wasn't.. in his second year, he put it together..just like Vick did when he led the Falcons to the playoffs in his second year..

JA was not even interviewed by our staff.

Way to go front office. Great strategy.

JA was not even the top rated player at his position coming out of the draft.

Way to go front office. Great tactic.

JA was interview by ESPN, nation wide, and had an airbrushed shirt that said, "Gangsta" on it.

What in the world were you thinking front office?

I mean really, for all intensive purposes, that was his inteview. Who in their right mind hires a man that isn't smart enough to dress to impress to his interview. Yea, let's give that guy millions of dollars.

nolebone (1/31/2008)

JA was interview by ESPN, nation wide, and had an airbrushed shirt that said, "Gangsta" on it.

I mean really, for all intensive purposes, that was his inteview. Who in their right mind hires a man that isn't smart enough to dress to impress to his interview. Yea, let's give that guy millions of dollars.

Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

nolebone (1/31/2008)

Exactly.

You can't really blame Jamaal. He rolled the proverbial dice and one sucker (excuse me, GM) took the bait...

Jamaal is set for life, and the Falcons waste a Top 8 pick on an unprepared prospect who will far short of even basic expectations...

Jamaal stands a better chance of moving to his natural position, tight end.. He can be groomed to be the next Crump!

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
nolebone (1/31/2008)

Exactly.

You can't really blame Jamaal. He rolled the proverbial dice and one sucker (excuse me, GM) took the bait...

Jamaal is set for life, and the Falcons waste a Top 8 pick on an unprepared prospect who will far short of even basic expectations...

Jamaal stands a better chance of moving to his natural position, tight end.. He can be groomed to be the next Crump!

feuerwehr_forum_troll.jpg

Matt.

I am not trolling.. I am providing a honest point of view of the Falcons.. if this team wants to get past Vick (even though I hope he comes back), tough decisions have to be made..

Dunn has to go. Brooking has to go. Norwood has to be 're-assigned' to a new position (WR/third down back). Jamaal Anderson has to be 're-assigned' to a new position, tight end..

This is for starters..

A lot of hard work is required, but keeping old relics around isn't the answer..

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
Matt.

I am not trolling.. I am providing a honest point of view of the Falcons.. if this team wants to get past Vick (even though I hope he comes back), tough decisions have to be made..

Dunn has to go. Brooking has to go. Norwood has to be 're-assigned' to a new position (WR/third down back). Jamaal Anderson has to be 're-assigned' to a new position, tight end..

This is for starters..

A lot of hard work is required, but keeping old relics around isn't the answer..

You are just an idiot...nothing more can be said about you....

ATL--75 (1/31/2008)
Matt.

This is for starters..

Norwood has to be "re-assigned"? Doesn't he have to possess some kind of role to be "re-assigned"? You aren't a major factor when you get less than 10 carries a game. Also, Jamaal Anderson has never played TE. He was a WR before switching full-time to DE.