Will we score enough points?

Art Vandalay

I hate to bring this up b/c I'm not one of those guys that's negative when it comes to the Falcons. I love this team win, lose, or draw. I was just wondering though how much a grind it out offense will fare in this league. Look at the big time players this year--NE, Green Bay, Indy, Dallas, and even the Giants all chuck it around the field.

I guess it really depends on your defense. If they can shut down the opponent then you can run out the clock on offense.

Thoughts?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I personally love smashmouth football but the pulse of the league is changing and with the new rules benifiting wideouts and quarterbacks more and more, the league has becoming a passing league and therefore more high scoring.

Then again, Petrino style didn't work well at all, so who knows. I like that everything with this staff begins in the trenches. I don't care what offensive scheme you have, you need blocking to make it work.

Art Vandalay (1/31/2008)
I hate to bring this up b/c I'm not one of those guys that's negative when it comes to the Falcons. I love this team win, lose, or draw. I was just wondering though how much a grind it out offense will fare in this league. Look at the big time players this year--NE, Green Bay, Indy, Dallas, and even the Giants all chuck it around the field.

I guess it really depends on your defense. If they can shut down the opponent then you can run out the clock on offense.

Thoughts?

New England and Indy are the only consistent winners on your list. Pattern after them and you can't go wrong, but the pattern is no good without the right players. These two teams know how to get the right players. Some feel that draft position gets you the best players. These two teams dis-spell that notion. Case in point: NE got Tom Brady in the 6th. round. There were 190 guys taken in that draft before Tom Brady. Either NE is very lucky ..... or they really know what they are doing. You be the judge:D

REV.2000 (1/31/2008)
New England and Indy are the only consistent winners on your list. Pattern after them and you can't go wrong, but the pattern is no good without the right players. These two teams know how to get the right players. Some feel that draft position gets you the best players. These two teams dis-spell that notion. Case in point: NE got Tom Brady in the 6th. round. There were 190 guys taken in that draft before Tom Brady. Either NE is very lucky ..... or they really know what they are doing. You be the judge:D

Or they have really good coaches and a real team around Mr. Clutch

when he was HC at Bills his 1st year.

He rallied his team to a 9-7 record by the end of the season, however, sparked by a six-game winning streak during which the Bills scored more points than in any other similar stretch in franchise history. per. wikipedia.

he scored points. i doubt the problem was offense.

GEORGIAfan (1/31/2008)

He rallied his team to a 9-7 record by the end of the season, however, sparked by a six-game winning streak during which the Bills scored more points than in any other similar stretch in franchise history. per. wikipedia.

Good post. I didn't know that.

GEORGIAfan (1/31/2008)

I guess it does say something for the man if he can do that with J.P. Losman.

Art Vandalay (1/31/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/31/2008)

He rallied his team to a 9-7 record by the end of the season, however, sparked by a six-game winning streak during which the Bills scored more points than in any other similar stretch in franchise history. per. wikipedia

I guess it does say something for the man if he can do that with J.P. Losman.

na man he did it with worse. Drew Bledsoe, and look at Bledsoes stats.

2004 BUF 16 256 450 56.9 2932 6.5 20 69 16 76.6

for an immobile QB in a play action/ deep ball kind of offense.

Chiropractor (1/31/2008)
We have several players that should be really fresh. They took the entire season off.

Oline, ovie, norwood, jenkins, houston, jamaal, coleman, milloy, snellings, Redman(took first half off), etc. Some by choice, some by chance, some because Petrino thought it was a good call.

You know who I would like to take the next season off...