Flacco reportedly throws for 74 yards in 'competition'

Guest Macquiao

Meh... That's neat but how many times a game do we need to throw it 74 yards? And what good is it if you're throwing the ball really hard but to the wrong team? I'm more interested in accuracy. I think Flacco is getting overhyped in a draft where there are no real good QB prospects.

Ryda003 (2/2/2008)
just because someone can throw far doesnt make you a great QB.. brady and montana wernt noticed for thier arms more of thier decision making and accuracy and leadership.. watched flacco in the senior bowl i was disappoint.. flacco reminds me of this yrs jay cutler.. and over rated combine kid

Montana was in an offense designed to mask his lack of throwing power and he had some pretty good weapons around him.

If you don't think Tom Brady has great arm strength then you haven't been following them.

If Flacco is this year's Jay Cutler that wouldn't exactly been a bad thing. That "overrated combine kid" has been by far the best QB out of the 2006 class so far. **** he's the only one with more TDs than INTs and his ratio for any QB is pretty darn good.

Sure Leftwich and Culpepper may have big time arms as well but Leftwich can't stay healthy and moves slow as molasses. Culpepper is dumb as bricks.

I don't know how cerebral Flacco is but he's certainly got to be more durable, mobile, and quicker with getting rid of the football than Lord Byron.

busboyisback (2/2/2008)
Ryda003 (2/2/2008)
just because someone can throw far doesnt make you a great QB.. brady and montana wernt noticed for thier arms more of thier decision making and accuracy and leadership.. watched flacco in the senior bowl i was disappoint.. flacco reminds me of this yrs jay cutler.. and over rated combine kid

Montana was in an offense designed to mask his lack of throwing power and he had some pretty good weapons around him.

If you don't think Tom Brady has great arm strength then you haven't been following them.

If Flacco is this year's Jay Cutler that wouldn't exactly been a bad thing. That "overrated combine kid" has been by far the best QB out of the 2006 class so far. **** he's the only one with more TDs than INTs and his ratio for any QB is pretty darn good.

Sure Leftwich and Culpepper may have big time arms as well but Leftwich can't stay healthy and moves slow as molasses. Culpepper is dumb as bricks.

I don't know how cerebral Flacco is but he's certainly got to be more durable, mobile, and quicker with getting rid of the football than Lord Byron.

brady was never known for his arm until moss showed up and thats a fact.. that was the only thing analyst would take away from brady.. and you are right i wouldnt want another jay cutler.. the broncos did not exactly have a good season this yr.. It doesnt matter who came out of the draft class of jay cutlers im talkin about jay cutler himself.. he is overrated you can obviously see by how he is playin and how the team is performing.. Flacco is getting the same hype.. i would not be making this arguement if i havent seen flacco.. all what ive seen from this kid is "big arm" that is is.. His drop back, pocket presence, discison making does not impress me.. MIGHT be the reason why he didnt get that many chances to throw the ball in the senior bowl (i dunno im the not head coach) but what i do know is this kid played against weak competition therefore you do not know what he is even going to be.. he really couldnt prove himself in the senior bowl which i was disappointed.. he just seems like an average college qb but overrated..

yes we can say the same for josh johnson.. but what impressed me is that he looked awesome in the shrine game.. dont follow the stats because wrs were dropping perfect passes.. but anyone that seen that game knows johnson played one **** of a game and looked far more impressive then his counter parts.. they may have not been as good as the senior bowl kids but they are still all american competition he played against

Ryda003 (2/2/2008)

brady was never known for his arm until moss showed up and thats a fact.. that was the only thing analyst would take away from brady.. and you are right i wouldnt want another jay cutler.. the broncos did not exactly have a good season this yr.. It doesnt matter who came out of the draft class of jay cutlers im talkin about jay cutler himself.. he is overrated you can obviously see by how he is playin and how the team is performing.. Flacco is getting the same hype.. i would not be making this arguement if i havent seen flacco.. all what ive seen from this kid is "big arm" that is is.. His drop back, pocket presence, discison making does not impress me.. MIGHT be the reason why he didnt get that many chances to throw the ball in the senior bowl (i dunno im the not head coach) but what i do know is this kid played against weak competition therefore you do not know what he is even going to be.. he really couldnt prove himself in the senior bowl which i was disappointed.. he just seems like an average college qb but overrated..

You are losing credibility by dissing Jay Cutler. He is the best QB out of that 2006 class so far by a mile. He was 12th in the league in passer rating this year. His rookie year in limited playing time his rating would have been good enough for 9th place ahead of Tom Brady. Denver stunk last year because they had one of the worst run defenses in the league. Other teams dominated the T.O.P. The Broncos passing attack was hardly the problem.

As far as Brady, once again you are proving you have not followed the Pats closely if you don't think he has great arm strength. Brady threw so absolute bullets to his receivers last year that were caught. I remember watching that Vikings game in particular last year when he threw 4 TDs when his receivers were catching those darts. Because I remember people used to say Vick threw the ball too hard. But Favre's receivers caught bullets and Brady definitely has thrown some lasers as well.

The reason he fell in the draft isn't because of his throwing power, it's because of how skinny and poor of an athlete he looked at the combine.

Matthew Pritts (2/1/2008)
falconva7 (2/1/2008)
Byron Leftwich, Daunte Culpepper, Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell.

All QBs who can throw far, but haven't amounted to much.

Russell hasn't even had a chance to prove himself yet and you're calling him a bust? :blink:

Should've said "soon to be" Jamarcus Russell. He didn't look good in limited time, and I have a feeling he'll be a big bust.

My point is that accuracy > throwing power, but you need both to be successful, obviously.