Dimitroff should pull a Petrino and dump Van Gorder for Greg Williams.

±0.5

What a silly post,

I am from Stateboro and I have every reason to not like BVG.

But, with that said, I never said he wasn't a great defensive mind. He actually is.

He didn't work out as a Head Coach in a college situation, so what?

Did you ever hear what David Pollack said about BVG and his defensive knowledge?

DP knows something about defense, maybe even as much as you, lOl

Anyway, if you look beyond the knee jerk gamer/hater reaction to the Smith hires and look at what he is assembling you would see clearly that he is forming a staff based on knowledge and on experience. Every team doesn't win, and every coach on a losing team isn't actually the cause. Usually the losing is becasue your players are not as physical or as well prepared as other teams.

The team with the best preparation usually wins.

Smitty is putting together a staff of very capable and very knowledgable coaches.

This assembly of talent and knowledge will pay off.

Mora Jr wasn't ready, he had some, but not enough knowledge or experience.

Petrino had not enough of anything at all, talk about being in over your head, lol.

The cioaching mistakes we repeated was in hiring coaches who lacked knowledge and experience, we are getting that now.

Smitty is a technician, TD saw this and fwiw, Belichick is also a technician who does meticulous preparation. That is why the Pats are always ready for whatever.

These coaches being hired are evaluators as well as coaches, the last few years we had zero for talent evaluation. For more years than that we had zero in player development. The change is going on now. What we settled for in the past 40 years ain't gonna cut it anymore, if that means veterans must go so be it, that is what it is. If the vets want to strap it up and go play pro ball then they need to get serious now or call a moving van.

The new TEAM in Atlanta starts in the Front Office, everything has changed, only you can't conceive that change can happen.

GEORGIAfan (1/30/2008)
how is that pulling a petrino?? and why?? gregg williams hasnt worked with Mike Smith, and your a tech fan, so you shouldnt be giving football advice. VanGorder is a good DC.

Van Gorder is a good DC and if Del Rio also wanted him to do his team. I would definatley give him a chance. Greg Williams defenses never impressed me that much, Whats that word? Overated? :P

REV.2000 (1/31/2008)
WHAT A BOARD ........ WHAT A BOARD.:)

Lighten up Rev. There is nothing wrong with a little conversation. Beside I like VG as a coach and Blank has too much class to allow something like that to go down. Now I bet the farm that Jerry Jones wouldn't think twice.

GEORGIAfan (1/30/2008)
how is that pulling a petrino?? and why?? gregg williams hasnt worked with Mike Smith, and your a tech fan, so you shouldnt be giving football advice. VanGorder is a good DC.

How long has it been since the Dawgs last NCAA title in Football?

And what's up with our Hawks? We've lost 7 of the last 8.

NineOhTheRino (1/31/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/30/2008)

How long has it been since the Dawgs last NCAA title in Football?

And what's up with our Hawks? We've lost 7 of the last 8.

we got snubbed this year, but the dawgs will win next year, but i was messing around with the GT comment, but really we would be kicked out of the NFL. no coach would want to come here, because they couldnt put in their own staff.

Man the Hawks are pissing me off. i backed up woodson a lot, but i hope him and our GM get fired next week, because we are a joke. we have Smith and Johnson. Horford is on the all star rookie roster. Marvin has exploded, but we still play Lue and AJ instead of giving Law more time. If Law was given time to start, instead of Woodson ridin AJ and Lue's Jock, then he probably could have gone to the all star game.

I hope we get Gilbert Arenas in the offseason if he voids his contract.