Sedrick Ellis........USC monster DT

Bring It

I think he could go as late as 10-12. He is getting a TON of hype, but will settle down where he belongs. Reminds me of Broderick Bunkley flying up the boards a couple years ago. Some where predicting he pass Ngata and go 5-10 as well.

When the dust settled he went 13 or 14 to PHI. VERY similar players too coming out of college. I like Ellis, but drinking the Bunkley kool-aide has me a little hesitant to ride Ellis hype machine full bore. I would still take Dorsey before Ellis without thinking twice.

1989fan (1/30/2008)
I think he could go as late as 10-12. He is getting a TON of hype, but will settle down where he belongs. Reminds me of Broderick Bunkley flying up the boards a couple years ago. Some where predicting he pass Ngata and go 5-10 as well.

When the dust settled he went 13 or 14 to PHI. VERY similar players too coming out of college. I like Ellis, but drinking the Bunkley kool-aide has me a little hesitant to ride Ellis hype machine full bore. I would still take Dorsey before Ellis without thinking twice.

OK, but why is Dorsey so much better ? Who would handle double-teaming better, because that's what both these guys will live with.

Dorsey is/was a better DT. He only slowed down some because he got hurt on a chop block. Even injured he just totalled OSU in the BCS game.

Ellis is good no doubt, but he isnt the best player on the best defense in the nation. Dorsey just dismantles double teams. He has such a great first step. I honestly dont remember the last college DT that was as dominant. MAYBE Tommie Harris, but I dont even know if he was as great. You would probably have to go back to the 90s to find a NCAA DT as good as Dorsey.

1989fan (1/30/2008)
Dorsey is/was a better DT. He only slowed down some because he got hurt on a chop block. Even injured he just totalled OSU in the BCS game.

Ellis is good no doubt, but he isnt the best player on the best defense in the nation. Dorsey just dismantles double teams. He has such a great first step. I honestly dont remember the last college DT that was as dominant. MAYBE Tommie Harris, but I dont even know if he was as great. You would probably have to go back to the 90s to find a NCAA DT as good as Dorsey.

Well, if his injury is 100% gone, and he is NOT injury prone, like so many of these thoroughbreds, I'd have to agree with you and seek that young man's services. Perhaps Mr. Blank can offer him a Home Depot store as a signing bonus. lol