Saints in London will have the ultimate home field advantage

saint vitus

Well, the Saints will play in London as the home team against the Chargers next season.

Am I disappointed? Actually no, other than NOLA losing revenue, I'm thrilled!

I just knew the Saints would be chosen to represent in Europe with it's European style

logo (fleur di lis) and being from an area with strong European influence.

They were strongly considered this past season in fact.

What I don't get is Charger fans somehow think they will have the advantage because

they won't lose a "home game" and the Saints do. They also think this game will be played

on a "neutral field."

Neutral field my azz!! LOL, the Saints are the home team and will be cheered for heavily, and the majority in the stands will be sporting Saints gear emblazoned with fleur di lis, not thunder bolts.

These European fans will be screaming their heads off when Chargers are on offense

and quiet as a mouse when the Saints have possession.

I believe the Saints will not only have the 12th man, but also the 13th, 14th, and 15th

when you consider the capacity of almost 100,000!

This to me is like the ultimate home field advantage for the Saints.

Saints own Europe!

Just saying.:cool:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saint vitus (1/30/2008)
Well, the Saints will play in London as the home team against the Chargers next season.

Am I disappointed? Actually no, other than NOLA losing revenue, I'm thrilled!

I just knew the Saints would be chosen to represent in Europe with it's European style

logo (fleur di lis) and being from an area with strong European influence.

They were strongly considered this past season in fact.

What I don't get is Charger fans somehow think they will have the advantage because

they won't lose a "home game" and the Saints do. They also think this game will be played

on a "neutral field."

Neutral field my azz!! LOL, the Saints are the home team and will be cheered for heavily, and the majority in the stands will be sporting Saints gear emblazoned with fleur di lis, not thunder bolts.

These European fans will be screaming their heads off when Chargers are on offense

and quiet as a mouse when the Saints have possession.

I believe the Saints will not only have the 12th man, but also the 13th, 14th, and 15th

when you consider the capacity of almost 100,000!

This to me is like the ultimate home field advantage for the Saints.

Saints own Europe!

Just saying.:cool:

What you're saying may be true...............IF YOU WERE PLAYING IN FRANCE! But you're not. You're playing in Jolly old London. If your logo was a Celtic Cross you'd be right on target. But It's not. The fact that you lose a home game is HUGE! I'm with the Charger fans. Neutral field, don't lose a home game, world wide exposure...........Great stuff. The same thing holds true for the Saints, it's just that losing a home game is going to hurt. Now if you win over there it won't matter. Too bad they didn't give you the Chiefs to play.;)

C'mon, you think the fleur di lis is exclusive to France?

Just for starters, it's featured prominently in England's crown jewels and here is Edward III coat of arms. How far away do you think France is from England anyway?

967908z_EdIII.gifMyspace Image Upload

I would suggest you check this link before you go any further.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/royal.htm

Saints playing in London is like Saints playing in NOLA +1.

saint vitus (1/30/2008)
C'mon, you think the fleur di lis is exclusive to France?

Just for starters, it's featured prominently in England's crown jewels and here is Edward III coat of arms. How far away do you think France is from England anyway?

967908z_EdIII.gifMyspace Image Upload

I would suggest you check this link before you go any further.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/royal.htm

Saints playing in London is like Saints playing in NOLA +1.

The Fleur De Lis is a French symbol, like it or not. Look at the web site you posted and it even refers to it as representing France. Just because the symbol is in some Coat Of Arms makes you believe that most all of England will root for the Saints? Whatever makes your boat float, I guess.:D

try to listen to the english person (me) rather than making your own fantasy up...

100,000 english fans all cheering for any one NFL team as a result of a helmet logo associated with France, that is decidely unlikely, they would be more likely to root for the other team because of the french link if anything....

Yeah, Fleur De Lis are insignificant to England, LOL!

4373Imperial_State_Crown.jpg

The Imperial State Crown was made in 1937 for King George VI, and was similar to the one made in 1838 for Queen Victoria. The present Crown is made of gold and includes four crosses pattée and four fleurs-de-lis, with two arches on top, surmounted by a cross pattée. The Crown includes many jewels: 2,868 diamonds, 273 pearls, 17 sapphires, 11 emeralds, and five rubies. Among the stones are several famous ones, including the Black Prince's Ruby (actually a spinel) and the Cullinan II diamond, also known as the Lesser Star of Africa. It is worn after the conclusion of the Coronation ceremony when the monarch leaves Westminster Abbey, and also at the annual State Opening of Parliament.

PWNED

greyhawk (1/30/2008)
Kes_DVD_cover.jpg

Dude, you do realize what this means and where it came from, don't you? Combine that with the fact that half the French jokes out there were written in Britain and you cajuns might want to stay in an armed compound over there.

A movie about a boy's relationship with a bird? I don't get it.

anewton (1/30/2008)
try to listen to the english person (me) rather than making your own fantasy up...

100,000 english fans all cheering for any one NFL team as a result of a helmet logo associated with France, that is decidely unlikely, they would be more likely to root for the other team because of the french link if anything....

Well, when the day comes that a lightning bolt is more symbolic to Europeans than a Fleur de lis, let me know.

You think it's coincidence that the Saints are the home team? I don't.

In fact, it would be ludicrous to have it the other way around.:hehe:

saint vitus (1/30/2008)
1196saints.jpg

Northampton Saints rugby Football Club

Dang, England has a Saints team too! Black and gold to boot.

Does anyone think there exists an English Chargers rugby team? LOL

Saints own Europe and it's crown jewels- so just deal with it.:cool:

I support that team, put up 96 points on an opponent on saturday. Their my local team.

And the fleur de lis logo u got, thats a logo for my rugby team.

The saints creator person must come form northampton :o

anewton (1/30/2008)

too true, i hope to be there again, and i'll be behind the chargers 100%.

Although from general reaction i have gathered most people will be on the saints side...mainly cos of peoples dislike for Philip Rivers though!

Also i forget who it was who was saying seeing people cheer against the fleur il (what ever it was) as it is a sign of europe, its a french word, the UK has no time for french words our langage is good enough :hehe: we are opposites to the french.

England Saints fans chanting "Who are ya???!!!" :hehe:

I like me some of that, I like me some of that alot, kicks butt

In fact, I think it blows the #### out of Who Dat?

I think I'm gonna start chanting this now at Saints games, and I don't care who

doesn't like it.

Sniper Wolf (1/31/2008)
A thread almost worthy of interrupting my vacation.

The Saints might actually get more support than the Chargers simply because, at least to Europe, the city of New Orleans is the most 'European,' city in America.

You sure? One would think New England is. I've noticed on some of their boards, they're alot of Patriot fans in England.

By the way, having more support than the Chargers isn't saying much, but none of it will be enough to make a difference anyway. That place will be filled up with Patriots, Steelers, Dolphins, Giants, Falcons, Eagles, Seahawks, fans of all kinds. Like many have said, Wembly Stadium last year was a host for any and every NFL fan in England/Europe. It won't be pro anyone; not the Chargers or the Saints so it makes no difference...

saint vitus (1/30/2008)
England Saints fans chanting "Who are ya???!!!" :hehe

I like me some of that, I like me some of that alot, kicks butt

In fact, I think it blows the #### out of Who Dat

I think I'm gonna start chanting this now at Saints games, and I don't care who

doesn't like it.

i think that one goes better with "who dat"

At Premiership games the chants are probably 50% of the reason i go!

also someone start singing this to Mike Smith - change the name obviously

IonSen88 (2/1/2008)
Sniper Wolf (1/31/2008)
A thread almost worthy of interrupting my vacation.

The Saints might actually get more support than the Chargers simply because, at least to Europe, the city of New Orleans is the most 'European,' city in America.

You sure? One would think New England is. I've noticed on some of their boards, they're alot of Patriot fans in England.

Yawn.

The only reason you do it is to try to get a good argument going, but you need to not try to turn everything into one. New England? You serious? You honestly think New freaking England has a more European feel than New Orleans.

And of course there are a lot of Patriot fans in the UK. It's called bandwagoning.

Sniper Wolf (2/2/2008)The only reason you do it is to try to get a good argument going, but you need to not try to turn everything into one. New England? You serious? You honestly think New freaking England has a more European feel than New Orleans.

(In relation to football). Yes, because of the history. Otherwise, I don't give a **** who is more like Europe.

IonSen88 (2/2/2008)
Sniper Wolf (2/2/2008)The only reason you do it is to try to get a good argument going, but you need to not try to turn everything into one. New England? You serious? You honestly think New freaking England has a more European feel than New Orleans.

(In relation to football). Yes, because of the history. Otherwise, I don't give a **** who is more like Europe.

What? Do the Patriots play soccer instead of football? Oh, you must mean because of their name. I'm sure the English love to reminded about that motley band of rebels who started the downfall of Pax Britannia.

Again, you're just arguing to be contrary.