Take McFadden off your board

rexfalcon

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/01/...faddenfrief.txt

Take McFadden off your board. He is simply too immature and not taking care of his business. In the past two years there have been publicized bar fights and now alleged illegitimate children. There is no way TD and Arthur are going to spend top 5 money on McFadden. The Vick factor will come into play and hurt him. Look for the Falcons to draft an intelligent player like Sedrick Ellis or Jake Long with their top 5 picks

FAYETTEVILLE - A Little Rock woman has filed a paternity suit in Pulaski County against former Arkansas running back Darren McFadden, claiming that the Heisman Trophy runner-up is the father of her nearly four-month-old daughter.

Tiffany Smith states in her motion that she believes McFadden is the biological father of her daughter, Trinity Nevaeh Smith, who was born Oct. 2, 2007. The motion was filed Jan. 18 in Pulaski County Circuit Court.

Smith's motion asks for the paternity to be established, and for McFadden to pay child support and all expenses "incurred in the birth of the child."

McFadden announced during a Jan. 14 news conference that he would forego his senior season at Arkansas and enter the NFL Draft. He's projected as a top 5 pick.

McFadden could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

LETS seeeee a top 5 pick in the NFL makes GOOD money...oh my i may have slept with this guy and i got knocked up by some no good father lets get him to be my babys daddy..notice she didnt ask for a DNA test she just wants him to pay....lets not judge before the facts.. as for the bar fights who knows what happened...we wernt there..lots of people get in bar fights espically college kids...

Peace!

I hope your right, i dont want mcfadden, id rather have Dorsey/Ellis, or jake long..

The RB i really like in this draft is rashad mendenhall

I would love for us to trade down though, to about pick 15 were we could draft mendenhall or stewart, whoever is rated higher by then, and have 3 second rd picks.

1Stewart

2a.Chris Williams/Jeff otah/sam baker, whoever falls

2bchad henne/joe flacco

2c.jerod mayo/curtis lofton

The H.N.I.C. 2! (1/30/2008)
I hope your right, i dont want mcfadden, id rather have Dorsey/Ellis, or jake long..

The RB i really like in this draft is rashad mendenhall

I would love for us to trade down though, to about pick 15 were we could draft mendenhall or stewart, whoever is rated higher by then, and have 3 second rd picks.

1Stewart

2a.Chris Williams/Jeff otah/sam baker, whoever falls

2bchad henne/joe flacco

2c.jerod mayo/curtis lofton

Really I hope that we pick up Musa Smith, Justin Fargas, Mike Turner, or Lamont Jordan for RB and maybe Quinn Gray in FA for QB and keep Redmon and Shockley.

I was on the DMC bandwagon. Now I want Sedrick Ellis. It has nothing to do with barfights or knocking girls up though... Lord knows I can't judge him on that. I think seeing AP tear up the league (and Dunn being a dinosaur) made me want to get McFadden but the only problem is we don't have a Birk, McKinnie, or a Hutch.

1989fan (1/30/2008)
it killed Matt Leinart when he was found to have kncoked up a girl right before the draft.

She is looking for money if she is waiting to now to make it public. She had a scum lawyer laying this out for her I am sure.

She doesnt even want a dad around just a check.

Exactly.

Why this is even an issue with some people on this MB is beyond me. It's his life.

Hypocrites.

For me, it has nothing to do with his procreation skills, and more to do with hitting his running lanes, blocking on passing plays, and general football type stuff like that. We know this kid has a low character, and King Arthur has made it a point not to seek those kind of guys out. (YKW was the exception to the rule). I don't want McFadden due to having to pay that kind of money to the "sexy big name pick" instead of trading down and getting another first and possibly a second out of the deal. We have too many needs for a pick like this.

rexfalcon (1/30/2008)
http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/01/29/razorback_central/013008uafbmcfaddenfrief.txt

Take McFadden off your board. He is simply too immature and not taking care of his business. In the past two years there have been publicized bar fights and now alleged illegitimate children. There is no way TD and Arthur are going to spend top 5 money on McFadden. The Vick factor will come into play and hurt him. Look for the Falcons to draft an intelligent player like Sedrick Ellis or Jake Long with their top 5 picks

So if he turns out not to be the father, are you going to fault him for having a sex life?

buffalofalcon (1/30/2008)
FAYETTEVILLE - A Little Rock woman has filed a paternity suit in Pulaski County against former Arkansas running back Darren McFadden, claiming that the Heisman Trophy runner-up is the father of her nearly four-month-old daughter.

Tiffany Smith states in her motion that she believes McFadden is the biological father of her daughter, Trinity Nevaeh Smith, who was born Oct. 2, 2007. The motion was filed Jan. 18 in Pulaski County Circuit Court.

Smith's motion asks for the paternity to be established, and for McFadden to pay child support and all expenses "incurred in the birth of the child."

McFadden announced during a Jan. 14 news conference that he would forego his senior season at Arkansas and enter the NFL Draft. He's projected as a top 5 pick.

McFadden could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

LETS seeeee a top 5 pick in the NFL makes GOOD money...oh my i may have slept with this guy and i got knocked up by some no good father lets get him to be my babys daddy..notice she didnt ask for a DNA test she just wants him to pay....lets not judge before the facts.. as for the bar fights who knows what happened...we wernt there..lots of people get in bar fights espically college kids...

Peace!

Reread the article, you're wrong.

Magic Man (1/30/2008)
For me, it has nothing to do with his procreation skills, and more to do with hitting his running lanes, blocking on passing plays, and general football type stuff like that. We know this kid has a low character, and King Arthur has made it a point not to seek those kind of guys out. (YKW was the exception to the rule). I don't want McFadden due to having to pay that kind of money to the "sexy big name pick" instead of trading down and getting another first and possibly a second out of the deal. We have too many needs for a pick like this.

McFadden has blown plenty of people up on blocks.

Character issues, that's laughable. Ask anybody in that Arkansas locker room about that. Judging him off two incidents in a bar where we have no idea what happened is ridiculous.

I would pass on the guy to get better value at RB in the 2nd round but I'd hardly complain if we got the only other guy besides Herschel Walker and Emmitt Smith to be in the top 10 in rushing on the all-time SEC list in only three years of play

Character is highly important when building a culture in a team where everyone can truly feel like they can depend on their teammates. With that said I persoanlly cannot judge this man for what he has done. I have been in bar fights in self-defense. I knocked a girl up years ago and my son is the center of my life. I am a productive member of society and a good father and we have no idea for sure if it's not the same case with this guy. His teammates and coaches know what kind of guy he is. It couldn't hurt to interview them and see what they have to say about his work ethic and how he interacts with teammates. I'd hate to see him get beaten down behind our POS O-line so I'm on the fence as to whether it would be wise to pick him or get some o-line help. This team has a lot of problems.

rexfalcon (1/30/2008)
http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/01/29/razorback_central/013008uafbmcfaddenfrief.txt

Another message board college scout has spoken!Ofcourse it means nothing.

snicker (1/30/2008)
Yeah this is gonna be bad for Mcfadden. He's looking at a 8-10 game suspension under the new No Sex out of Wedlock policy that Goodell put into practice last year. Also, he can kiss that Trojans condoms endorsement goodbye.

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

this isnt the reason i dont want mcfadden, but it sucks he has to deal with this crap.

i can smell the bullsh** all the way from minnesota, and im so sick and congested i cant smell anything.

she doesnt ask for proof he is the father, she doesnt say she needs him around to help take care of the child or even say he should get to know the kid if he wants to, she just wants money. i hope mcfadden gets a good lawyer and puts her in her place in court, or at least orders a DNA test to see if she's telling the truth.

Mr. Offseason (2/10/2008)
this isnt the reason i dont want mcfadden, but it sucks he has to deal with this crap.

i can smell the bullsh** all the way from minnesota, and im so sick and congested i cant smell anything.

she doesnt ask for proof he is the father, she doesnt say she needs him around to help take care of the child or even say he should get to know the kid if he wants to, she just wants money. i hope mcfadden gets a good lawyer and puts her in her place in court, or at least orders a DNA test to see if she's telling the truth.

:P Preach brotha