Im calling it right now

VincentVanBro

Right now McCain appears to have an upperhand on the Republican side and its a deadlock between Obama and Hillary. I hope Obama wins, but lets say hypothetically Hillary wins.

Right now the public perception of the candidates is:

Clinton- "Ohh... she is a woman! She is going to help women everywhere! And she cried! Vote for her!"

McCain- "Wow! A war veteran and a name Ive heard before! He sounds like a good guy to me, Im going to vote for him".

In November after debates and people find out who they actually are:

Clinton: "Wait what? She wants to start a crazy healthcare plan that we cant afford and is a complete psycho? Im not voting for that!"

McCain "Wait, he wants amnesty for illegals and isnt even a conservative? This guy got the republican nomination? Im not voting for him!"

"Now we have to vote between two people we hate! American politics sucks! I just wish we could choose better people to vote for".

I live by one rule: People are stupid. This is a good illustration.

lax32 (1/30/2008)
Right now McCain appears to have an upperhand on the Republican side and its a deadlock between Obama and Hillary. I hope Obama wins, but lets say hypothetically Hillary wins.

Clinton- "Ohh... she is a woman! She is going to help women everywhere! And she cried! Vote for her!"

McCain- "Wow! A war veteran and a name Ive heard before! He sounds like a good guy to me, Im going to vote for him".

Clinton: "Wait what? She wants to start a crazy healthcare plan that we cant afford and is a complete psycho? Im not voting for that!"

McCain "Wait, he wants amnesty for illegals and isnt even a conservative? This guy got the republican nomination? Im not voting for him!"

"Now we have to vote between two people we hate! American politics sucks! I just wish we could choose better people to vote for".

You should do some homework. Most Americans actually favor some kind of universal healthcare. Hillary wins on that.

McCain's in a tough position. He needs to keep running to the right, pandering to the base, to keep his lead and get the nomination. People like me are disguisted with the Clintons, but recognize that her ideology is sound (fairly moderate fiscally) and it WOULD be nice to have Bill Clinton back in the Whitehouse even though it turns out he really is a #####. We like McCain, but when he promises to appoint Conservative Justices, what can we do? Stevens is going to die!

lax32 (1/30/2008)

that owuld open the door fot a dream independent ticket of Kucinich/Nader and end the Republicrats reign of terror forever