Westboro Baptist Church to picket Heath Ledger's funeral

They're just trying to garner more attention for their pathetic church. Ledger's death is a perfect opportunity for them. True Christians would hate the sinner not the sin, recognize the wages of sin is death, and...hmm...something about not judging...

These "people" also protest funerals of fallen soldiers that were killed in Iraq. These people are sick and should be arrested whenever they try to picket these funerals.

VANDALIA, Ohio -- Saturday's funeral of murdered Marine Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach will be the site of a protest.

You've seen them picketing military funerals in recent years. Members of the fundamentalist Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, bringing their own unique brand of intolerance to the Miami Valley. They say God hates America because because of tolerance toward homosexuals.

They'll also be protesting the Saturday funeral of Army Sergeant Jon Michael Schoolcraft III in Wapakoneta. who was killed in Iraq.

Counter the publicity-seeking picketers will be the national grassroots organization, the Patriot Guard Riders, who will be there to support the families at both funerals.

Ohio law says the protesters must stay 300 feet from funeral ceremonies, processions and burials.

kschreck (1/30/2008)
I have been to their web site and I think it's safe to say they could even understand if someone tried to speak to them rationally, they are simply using the Bible to try and justify their hate.

It is plain to see they are much more concerned about hate then love and they openly admit it.

The thing is that if you want to, you can justify anything to yourself using the bible.

Slave trade... killing jews... stealing from the poor... you name it. Find a really bad event in the western world in the past 2000 years and someone probably was able to justify it as correct using the bible. Granted, its not the correct interpretation and its bad theology, but people still do it.

BirdsOfPrey (1/30/2008)
These "people" also protest funerals of fallen soldiers that were killed in Iraq. These people are sick and should be arrested whenever they try to picket these funerals.

VANDALIA, Ohio -- Saturday's funeral of murdered Marine Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach will be the site of a protest.

You've seen them picketing military funerals in recent years. Members of the fundamentalist Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, bringing their own unique brand of intolerance to the Miami Valley. They say God hates America because because of tolerance toward homosexuals.

They'll also be protesting the Saturday funeral of Army Sergeant Jon Michael Schoolcraft III in Wapakoneta. who was killed in Iraq.

Counter the publicity-seeking picketers will be the national grassroots organization, the Patriot Guard Riders, who will be there to support the families at both funerals.

Ohio law says the protesters must stay 300 feet from funeral ceremonies, processions and burials.

it is indeed despicable. i don't want them arrested because i don't want the government to censor anybody's speech, even if it's unbelievably stupid and hateful (like this is). i'd rather they not set the precedent that you don't have the right to free speech if what you say is extremely unpopular or offensive.

that's why i just want someone to murder them. so many people commit suicide everyday; why can't one of these people just help out humanity on their way out and blow these ******** up?

the list of people i would wish death upon is very short, but these jerks are on there.

XLDenaliReturns (1/30/2008)

that's why i just want someone to murder them. so many people commit suicide everyday; why can't one of these people just help out humanity on their way out and blow these ******** up?

the list of people i would wish death upon is very short, but these jerks are on there.

It just takes one relative or friend overcome with grief and anger and nothing to lose.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

gritzblitz56 (1/30/2008)

It just takes one relative or friend overcome with grief and anger and nothing to lose.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Oh, it's going to happen. You can't do what they're doing for long without something happening.

As soon as one of those fanatics say "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." Someone's going to chuck a brick at 'em.

BirdsOfPrey (1/30/2008)

it is indeed despicable. i don't want them arrested because i don't want the government to censor anybody's speech, even if it's unbelievably stupid and hateful (like this is). i'd rather they not set the precedent that you don't have the right to free speech if what you say is extremely unpopular or offensive.

They were already successfully sued for a couple million dollars (way more than they apparently had, Id assume they declared bankruptcy).

Freedom of speech just says that you can say whatever you want, it doesn't mean you can do it wherever you want and cram it down peoples throats.

I try to live a good christian life, but Id be lying if I said that I didn't partially hope they get shot and then people protest at the funeral just like they do.

It's time that the males of the WBC are fixed, hopefully by a lone gunman, I don't think protesting really means they should all die, especially the kids that are raised on that garbage, but let's face it, they breed like crazy, and they're not gonna stop until they are discouraged from further sex.