Westboro Baptist Church to picket Heath Ledger's funeral

The easiest way to deal with someone like this

"So, do you believe Jesus was completely perfect?"

"Yes"

"And do you believe that Jesus wanted us to live our lives as he did and act as he did?"

"Yes"

"So do you think Jesus would have picketed the funeral and told everyone they were going to ****? Do you think you know how how to do things better than he did?"

"..."

Deadlock.

This is obviously a group (or single person) of fanatics, and I highly doubt it represents anything other than the smallest of minority opinion in that town.

Especially by the tip off of the excessive use of a derogatory tone.

They are just trying to be inflammatory, and it obviously worked, it riled your goat a little. Religious fanatics are really fun to have arguements with...especially on college campuses.

Fanatics of any kind, really...like PETA.

I'll be the first to admit that this is a cheap shot, and in poor taste within this thread, sorry in advance for that, but I find it difficult to pass up an opportunity regarding AlGore

For informations sake Fred Phelps is Westboro's leader and pastor

Support for Al Gore

Fred Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party primary election.[40] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm".[41] Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[42] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser, which Al and Tipper Gore attended, at his home in Topeka.[10][42] Fred Phelps, Jr. served as a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[42][43] Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment; "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."[44]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Although I disagree with picketing someone's funeral, I also disagree making movies of "unnatural acts" and promoting it to the extent that even a child

that hasn't even seen the movie knows what it's about.

Keep that "x rated content" in x rated theatre and maybe these people with strong convictions mind their own business.

Place it out there for the world to judge and that's exactly what will happen.

I would guess they're picketing Ledger's funeral for the publicity their message

will receive to counter the movie's message that being ##### is normal and roMANtic.

lax32 (1/30/2008)

"Yes"

"And do you believe that Jesus wanted us to live our lives as he did and act as he did?"

"Yes"

"So do you think Jesus would have picketed the funeral and told everyone they were going to ****? Do you think you know how how to do things better than he did?"

"..."

Deadlock.

Even that line of reasoning wouldn't work. Have you ever seen these people? Heard their uber-nasty rhetoric? These f'kers are THE true religious psychos. Their reasoning comes from way out in left field and has no applicable Biblical basis.

I agree with the originator of this thread, I hope, for once, someone pumps a few rounds of buckshot in their rear ends.

lax32 (1/30/2008)

"Yes"

"Yes"

"..."

Deadlock.

You can't reason with the unreasonable.

saint vitus (1/30/2008)
Although I disagree with picketing someone's funeral, I also disagree making movies of "unnatural acts" and promoting it to the extent that even a child

Keep that "x rated content" in x rated theatre and maybe these people with strong convictions mind their own business.

I would guess they're picketing Ledger's funeral for the publicity their message

will receive to counter the movie's message that being ##### is normal and roMANtic.

Yeah but there isn't a movie in hollywood that doesn't depict sin. I mean, what movie doesnt have killing, lust, jealously, or hate? Not many.

lax32 (1/30/2008)

"Yes"

"Yes"

"..."

Deadlock.

that, or "do you pay taxes?"

"yes."

"and you believe the US govt is evil and supports f.ags, right?"

"yes."

"so you're a f.ag-enabler yourself by paying taxes. so god hates you too and you're going to ****, right?"

"uhhh...."

i really wish someone would take one for the team and merk all these losers. on national television, preferably.

hopefully that biker gang that follows them around and ****s up their ##### will be there. kind of sucks having to choose between listening to engine-revving or bullhorn hate speech at a friend/family members' funeral though.

XLDenaliReturns (1/30/2008)
lax32 (1/30/2008)

"Yes"

"Yes"

"..."

Deadlock.

that, or "do you pay taxes?"

"yes."

"and you believe the US govt is evil and supports f.ags, right?"

"yes."

"so you're a f.ag-enabler yourself by paying taxes. so god hates you too and you're going to ****, right?"

"uhhh...."

i really wish someone would take one for the team and merk all these losers. on national television, preferably.

hopefully that biker gang that follows them around and ****s up their ##### will be there. kind of sucks having to choose between listening to engine-revving or bullhorn hate speech at a friend/family members' funeral though.

They've already shown to be a bunch of idiots on national TV, but the media just loves them and they love the attention they receive from the media.

They complete each other.

lax32 (1/30/2008)
saint vitus (1/30/2008)

Yeah but there isn't a movie in hollywood that doesn't depict sin. I mean, what movie doesnt have killing, lust, jealously, or hate? Not many.

exactly- where in the bible does it say that homosexuality is some special sin that's so much worse than the others that people should lobby the US government (man) to enforce God's laws?

Trust me, if God has issue with homos, He'll deal with it. He doesn't need inbred hicks carrying signs and shouting curses, and He doesn't need republicans to write laws preventing gays from marrying.

ki45toryu (1/30/2008)
This is obviously a group (or single person) of fanatics, and I highly doubt it represents anything other than the smallest of minority opinion in that town.

Especially by the tip off of the excessive use of a derogatory tone.

They are just trying to be inflammatory, and it obviously worked, it riled your goat a little. Religious fanatics are really fun to have arguements with...especially on college campuses.

Fanatics of any kind, really...like PETA.

it's basically one family. i saw a documentary on it, and it's mostly just Fred Phelps and his million kids and grandkids. A couple of his kids ran away from home and were on the documentary, and said he's mentally ill and beat them all the time as kids. The guy has serious issues but is charismatic enough to attract his family into believing his garbage. (or they're just intimidated and brainwashed, more likely)

lax32 (1/30/2008)

"Yes"

"Yes"

"..."

Deadlock.

If the millions upon millions of sane and reasonable Christians can't get through to these guys, then heathens like us stand no chance, no matter how logical our argument.