NO QB

falconboy21

Everybody wants to draft a QB with our first round pick, but we need to look at the big picture. We have no offensive line to even help us in the back field. We want to get Matt Ryan, as soon he goes in and starts to get sacked, do you really think he will have high confidents going down the road. Yes we do need a QB to build for a couple of years. Chris Redman stepped up a lot this season, with the line we had. I think we should give him a chance. Chris came in the line up with a thought to be career ending injury and gained confidents and looked more relaxed through every game. What do you think will happen when he goes through training camp and work with the offense on 1st string? We are talking about the wrong thing, we shouldn't be looking for a QB early, but a OL that can help us in the back field.

We also have D.J Shockley if you don't remember, he has been sitting back and learning from the coaches. We haven't even given him a chance. We want to put our franchise into someone hands, who we don't even know will be able to handle that pressure.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

falconboy21 (1/29/2008)
Everybody wants to draft a QB with our first round pick, but we need to look at the big picture. We have no offensive line to even help us in the back field. We want to get Matt Ryan, as soon he goes in and starts to get sacked, do you really think he will have high confidents going down the road. Yes we do need a QB to build for a couple of years. Chris Redman stepped up a lot this season, with the line we had. I think we should give him a chance. Chris came in the line up with a thought to be career ending injury and gained confidents and looked more relaxed through every game. What do you think will happen when he goes through training camp and work with the offense on 1st string? We are talking about the wrong thing, we shouldn't be looking for a QB early, but a OL that can help us in the back field.

We also have D.J Shockley if you don't remember, he has been sitting back and learning from the coaches. We haven't even given him a chance. We want to put our franchise into someone hands, who we don't even know will be able to handle that pressure.

For the 10000th time.....SHOCKLEY IS NOT A RELIABLE OPTION....he doesnt even have real nfl experience under his belt....**** he doesnt even have a 1st team defense under his belt lol....every good qb....hasnt started behind a great line to start his career so shutup.

OK you want to get on DJ Shockley, but tell me this has Matt Ryan seen a 1st team defense in the NFL. Has he seen an NFL pressure or defense. DJ is just like a QB coming out of college, but has seen the action of the NFL. Has Matt Ryan even seen a 2nd or 3rd string defense in the NFL. That is why I am saying that we should not worry about a QB, but people to protect him.

ShaunnBigDin08 (1/29/2008)
falconboy21 (1/29/2008)

For the 10000th time.....SHOCKLEY IS NOT A RELIABLE OPTION....he doesnt even have real nfl experience under his belt....**** he doesnt even have a 1st team defense under his belt lol....every good qb....hasnt started behind a great line to start his career so shutup.

how does 1 get exp. if he doesnt get a chance?? tom brady didnt play 1st team before he started. By your logic. No one that isnt in the NFL starting right now, besides blowey should start. SO SHUT UP!!! GET SOME LOGIC, AND THINK BEFORE YOU BASH!!!

Matthew Pritts (1/29/2008)
I don't get all the Shockley hype, myself. Why pin your hopes on someone who's never taken an NFL snap(and I'm not counting pre-season)

people. why do you think stafford or teblow is good?? why do people want brady quinn?? why did people want derek anderson before this season?? You have to. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO TIL THEY GET A CHANCE!! if atlanta fans ran this team. we could have tom brady and tony romo on the roster before they became famous, and we would cut them, because they havent started yet.

your logic is extremely flawed

We are pinning our hopes on someone to come from the college ranks and jump in and move us to a winning season. Why not try with what we have in Chris Redman and DJ Shockley. We going to pay top money to someone who will probably fall off and we will be right back here talking about who our next QB is going to be.

bigduke633 (1/29/2008)
If dj gets a shot it will be in 2 years.He will have to bust his hump to be the 3rd qb on a bad team.Blown knee and no experience dont spell starter.I like him,heck Im on his side.But look at the facts.

him time is now or never. im sorry, but if he fails this season i do not see him getting a better chance. the new system goes right with his skill sets. playaction pass, and throw deep after establishing the run, which he could help, because he is mobile. this season even if we got a matt ryan. he couldnt start til next year, so that means either DJ Shockley or Chris Redman is going to win the of starter.

1. Let's be realistic here. Redman looked good against a very, very bad arizona defense and a seattle defense that played with nothing to win for. Remember the MNF N.O. and the Tampa games? He isn't a long term option.

2. Shockley hasn't been sitting around learning from our coaches, mainly b/c our coaches have been here about a week. He will get a chance this offseason, but to go into with the plan that he is the long term answer before he has had a chance to earn it is not smart.

3. If we were to draft Ryan with our first pick, we would want him to sit at least this entire season. That gives us the rest of the draft this year, FA this year and next, and next years draft to fix the oline. Just b/c we draft Ryan first doesn't mean he starts with this team. Think about how much Jamarcus Russell played this year for Oakland.

4. You have to have a long term, stable answer at qb. Look at the good teams in the NFL, all long term, stable qbs. I hate to say it, but the more I think about it, the more Matt Ryan seems to be the better pick for long term stability.

joremari (1/29/2008)
1. Let's be realistic here. Redman looked good against a very, very bad arizona defense and a seattle defense that played with nothing to win for. Remember the MNF N.O. and the Tampa games? He isn't a long term option.

2. Shockley hasn't been sitting around learning from our coaches, mainly b/c our coaches have been here about a week. He will get a chance this offseason, but to go into with the plan that he is the long term answer before he has had a chance to earn it is not smart.

3. If we were to draft Ryan with our first pick, we would want him to sit at least this entire season. That gives us the rest of the draft this year, FA this year and next, and next years draft to fix the oline. Just b/c we draft Ryan first doesn't mean he starts with this team. Think about how much Jamarcus Russell played this year for Oakland.

4. You have to have a long term, stable answer at qb. Look at the good teams in the NFL, all long term, stable qbs. I hate to say it, but the more I think about it, the more Matt Ryan seems to be the better pick for long term stability.

you must not be a college football fan, or atleast you havent see or looked up stats about matt ryan. the dude is a scrub, and not worth the 3rd-5th pick in the draft.

GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)
If dj gets a shot it will be in 2 years.He will have to bust his hump to be the 3rd qb on a bad team.Blown knee and no experience dont spell starter.I like him,heck Im on his side.But look at the facts.

him time is now or never. im sorry, but if he fails this season i do not see him getting a better chance. the new system goes right with his skill sets. playaction pass, and throw deep after establishing the run, which he could help, because he is mobile. this season even if we got a matt ryan. he couldnt start til next year, so that means either DJ Shockley or Chris Redman is going to win the of starter.

100% dead on right here. Barring some bold trade, DJ Shockley or Redman should be our starters this year. DJ will get his chance, and even if we draft Ryan, that isn't necessarily a bad thing for DJ. Just b/c we draft ryan doesn't mean we can't trade him if DJ becomes the guy.

Redman isn't the long term answer. He would be a decent backup, but you gotta build your team for the future. Our long term answer would be either Shockley or a qb we draft this year (it takes awhile to train a qb, you dont' want to put that off) and of the qbs that we could draft, it seems ryan and brohm are seperating themselves from the pack.

GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)

7th orunders dont have to do it their first 3 or 4 years.Thats why their 7th rounders.He will not be up to speed with a blown knee.Relax,the coaches and the staff know all this.He must have a freat camp to even make the team.He has a lot of issues with accuracey and a new offense.Him starting the seaon would be crazy.He needs coachinng and healing.

GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
joremari (1/29/2008)

you must not be a college football fan, or atleast you havent see or looked up stats about matt ryan. the dude is a scrub, and not worth the 3rd-5th pick in the draft.

you have to take into consideration the team he played on. BC maybe wins 3 games without ryan.

I am not saying we shouldn't draft a qb, we are going to need a third string qb after they let Harrington and Leftwich go. You use the first round pick on someone who is ready to play in the NFL. Quarterbacks are hard to tell if they are ready. Look, JaMarcus was supposed to be ready and he waited all that time for more money and can you tell me now if you had the number 1 pick you would draft him again or would youj draft someone else. Top names arent always the best chose.

Sorry but if you're saying DJ Shockley will succeed in the new offense because he is mobile, then you are mistaken. He used to be mobile, but now he has a bum knee. McNabb and Culpepper used to be mobile and now look at them. Shockley's knee probably won't be fully recovered by the time training camp starts. 12 months is the minimum for recovery time on a torn ACL, especially for a guy who is used to running around and using his feet to make plays.

bigduke633 (1/29/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)

7th orunders dont have to do it their first 3 or 4 years.Thats why their 7th rounders.He will not be up to speed with a blown knee.Relax,the coaches and the staff know all this.He must have a freat camp to even make the team.He has a lot of issues with accuracey and a new offense.Him starting the seaon would be crazy.He needs coachinng and healing.

by that time we will have another qb like booty, dixon, etc will be ready to take over. this is really his year to shine. this is his time to shine. no one FA really worth taking a look at. blowey and leftwich suck. his only competition his redman and his willingness to battle his injury, BUT i think he will be ready. ACL damage isnt the same as it was before.

GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
Matthew Pritts (1/29/2008)
I don't get all the Shockley hype, myself. Why pin your hopes on someone who's never taken an NFL snap(and I'm not counting pre-season)

people. why do you think stafford or teblow is good?? why do people want brady quinn?? why did people want derek anderson before this season?? You have to. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WILL DO TIL THEY GET A CHANCE!! if atlanta fans ran this team. we could have tom brady and tony romo on the roster before they became famous, and we would cut them, because they havent started yet.

your logic is extremely flawed

No, it's not.

BIg difference from being good in college and being good in the pros. Some QB's have the tools to be successful in the pros, others don't. DJ falls into the latter.

Time for you to take off your Red N'Black glasses. And FWIW, I'm a Dawgs fan, also.

joremari (1/29/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)

100% dead on right here. Barring some bold trade, DJ Shockley or Redman should be our starters this year. DJ will get his chance, and even if we draft Ryan, that isn't necessarily a bad thing for DJ. Just b/c we draft ryan doesn't mean we can't trade him if DJ becomes the guy.

Redman isn't the long term answer. He would be a decent backup, but you gotta build your team for the future. Our long term answer would be either Shockley or a qb we draft this year (it takes awhile to train a qb, you dont' want to put that off) and of the qbs that we could draft, it seems ryan and brohm are seperating themselves from the pack.

i just do not want to waste a Draft pick, esp. when we could use it on Dorsey or ellis.

falconboy21 (1/29/2008)
I am not saying we shouldn't draft a qb, we are going to need a third string qb after they let Harrington and Leftwich go. You use the first round pick on someone who is ready to play in the NFL. Quarterbacks are hard to tell if they are ready. Look, JaMarcus was supposed to be ready and he waited all that time for more money and can you tell me now if you had the number 1 pick you would draft him again or would youj draft someone else. Top names arent always the best chose.

go back and look through the nfl. very few qbs start the first year they are drafted. the only exceptions that i can think of off the top of my head are eli manning, vince young, peyton manning and jay cutler.

qbs should sit and learn the game for a year before given the starting job in the nfl no matter where they are drafted.

GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
joremari (1/29/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)

i just do not want to waste a Draft pick, esp. when we could use it on Dorsey or ellis.

you are going to have to bite the bullet and draft a qb sometime. you need stability at the position for long term success. How many teams can you name that have consistently won no matter who was at qb?

Yes, the success rate, based on the last 7 drafts, of qbs drafted in the first round are about 50/50. but the success rate of qbs drafted in other rounds is much worse.