Draft picks as far as a QB is concerned

Nerdy Bird

I just don't think we should waste our top three picks on anything but our O-line and Defense. Everyone thinks we need to draft someone like Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm in the first round, but any QB (unless they have the athletic ability of YKW) is going to get pummeled behind out line. We need help this year, and we cannot expect a rookie QB to be stellar if he is thrown into the fire right away anyways. We should use our first picks on players that can make an impact right away and if someone like John David Booty is still around in the third, then pick him up.

tybarry (1/29/2008)
I just don't think we should waste our top three picks on anything but our O-line and Defense. Everyone thinks we need to draft someone like Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm in the first round, but any QB (unless they have the athletic ability of YKW) is going to get pummeled behind out line. We need help this year, and we cannot expect a rookie QB to be stellar if he is thrown into the fire right away anyways. We should use our first picks on players that can make an impact right away and if someone like John David Booty is still around in the third, then pick him up.

Im going to disagree.....John David Booty is injury prone I feel.....I am hoping Joe Flacco will be around then....

Need to draft a QB this year, b/c next year's crop sucks! At least w/this year's crop it's deep and there are some possible franchise guys in the 2nd or 3rd round. Next year they'll be lucky to have a QB even 1st round worthy like Brohm and Ryan are this year.

And QB is our most pressing need aside from the lines.

And that QB we need is Henne.

The_ ATL (1/29/2008)
I dont understand people's lust for Flacco. The guy had to leave Pitt because he couldnt cut it there.

height. the taller your are the sexier the pick. people like chris leak and troy smith dont get looks, but quinn and russell get all this hype. flacco got killed by appy state, but no one talks, because flacco is 6'6.

tybarry (1/29/2008)

Henne is the answer

goosedaddy70 (1/29/2008)
How about going with Dennis Dixon. I think he will fall to the 5th round and he has a much or more potential than any of the other QBs in the draft.

This guy can do it all.

Thats interesting... more potential? im just curious.. is that because he can run? because i see Ryan Woodson and Henne have EXTREME potential... not top 10 pick obviously but franchise QB potential easily

I used to be all bout first round QB, but now that i look at it....we can address other position early and draft a QB in the late second or early third. Henne would be nice, but i personally like Johnson. Before you start poppin off at the mouth, its not jus his mobility but the system he was in, his arm strenghth and accuracy, his descision making....................................................and mobility:D

ty down (1/29/2008)
Why do we need a OB at all this year? With Redman and Shockley battling for first, what's the need? I know you say next year their are no QB's but you never know who will shine.

Because if those two cant cut it and we wait til next year to draft a QB, we'd have to wait a whole nother year while he sat and developed.

Scrappy777 (1/29/2008)
ty down (1/29/2008)
Why do we need a OB at all this year? With Redman and Shockley battling for first, what's the need? I know you say next year their are no QB's but you never know who will shine.

Because if those two cant cut it and we wait til next year to draft a QB, we'd have to wait a whole nother year while he sat and developed.

I see your point and ask, If anyone with half a brain behind a good line and with a good defense, couldn't they suffice. I'm not saying give up on next year I am saying if you build the foundation, the walls will hold. Regardless who you have at QB, if you hold the line the decision skills will step up with any OB.