Dimitroff knows the Patriots roster

Bring It

bigduke633 (1/29/2008)
Why would we hire him to trade for his picks?Hes here to make picks!

OK, so uh................what's the difference ??

A quality player is the ultimate goal. If you can get one or two by trading a pick, and you KNOW what kind of player you are getting in the deal, that's what he's there for. Our previous GM's didn't have the info to do that. He does.

Heres the thing though, like I've said before, the physical abilities of a player matter very little compared to how he is taught, motivated, developed, inspired, and led. The Patriots can take rejects and has beens and make productive players out of them. The falcons on the other hand, are where good players go to end there careers on a bad note and accomplish zero all the while getting paid WAY too much money. It starts at the top. Blank isn't smart and doesn't understand football. McKay doesn't either. They have and still are continueing to hire coaches that can't motivate, can't teach, aren't commited, don't understand football, and have horrible play calling and personnell smarts.

Bring It (1/29/2008)
He knows their lineup inside and out. He helped create it. Watch for us trading draft picks for one or two of their O linemen where they have depth.

I have to laugh at how naive some of you posters are on football matters. If Dimitroff doesn't know at least 1500+ current NFL players inside and out then he was not the man for the job. That's what he does for a living guys. You win in the picking and FA game short and long term by guessing correctly based on your knowledge of the facts and the histories.

tom Baldwin (1/29/2008)
Heres the thing though, like I've said before, the physical abilities of a player matter very little compared to how he is taught, motivated, developed, inspired, and led. The Patriots can take rejects and has beens and make productive players out of them. The falcons on the other hand, are where good players go to end there careers on a bad note and accomplish zero all the while getting paid WAY too much money. It starts at the top. Blank isn't smart and doesn't understand football. McKay doesn't either. They have and still are continueing to hire coaches that can't motivate, can't teach, aren't commited, don't understand football, and have horrible play calling and personnell smarts.
Useless post.

clownorg (1/29/2008)
I'm sure he build this team mostly through the draft rather than trade picks. However after his "qb snob" remarks and saying he may look at the FA pool.

I wouldn't be surprised if he Traded for Matt Cassel from the Pats if the right QB isn't there

I would love for us to give Cassel a shot. Remember, he's backed up Brady all throughout his career. And, he backed up both Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC. He may be just a career back-up, but he could potentially be a solid QB. As it is, he's learning from the best coach and best QB in the NFL.

Bring It (1/29/2008)
bigduke633 (1/29/2008)
Why would we hire him to trade for his picks?Hes here to make picks!

OK, so uh................what's the difference ??

A quality player is the ultimate goal. If you can get one or two by trading a pick, and you KNOW what kind of player you are getting in the deal, that's what he's there for. Our previous GM's didn't have the info to do that. He does.

The difference is a lot of money.Freeagents from the champions or college players from the draft.Hmmm,college guys are cheaper and you can franchise tag,trade,sign,whatever.Freeagents get paid.

tom Baldwin (1/29/2008)

Whoa........hold on.........How do you know how effective these NEW coaches will be ?

Have you ever heard of "not jumping to conclusions' ???

texasbirdfan (1/29/2008)
Bring It (1/29/2008)
He knows their lineup inside and out. He helped create it. Watch for us trading draft picks for one or two of their O linemen where they have depth.

I have to laugh at how naive some of you posters are on football matters. If Dimitroff doesn't know at least 1500+ current NFL players inside and out then he was not the man for the job. That's what he does for a living guys. You win in the picking and FA game short and long term by guessing correctly based on your knowledge of the facts and the histories.

Oh, excuse me, all knowing football genius !! I didn't realize we had Gods of the Game amonst us.

So sorry. It won't happen again.

tom Baldwin (1/29/2008)
I like the falcons as much as any of you. But you guys need to face reality. If you really are thinking we are headed to the playoffs within the next 4 or 5 years then your just kidding yourself.

Oh really ?? And how, pray tell, did you acquire this wonderous revelation ??

You should move to Las Vegas. You'd make Bill Gates look like a pauper.

tom Baldwin (1/29/2008)
I like the falcons as much as any of you. But you guys need to face reality. If you really are thinking we are headed to the playoffs within the next 4 or 5 years then your just kidding yourself.

i say next year, but that because im a fan.

FYI fan stands for Fanatic. reality and fanatics are enemies.

Fan with reality. isnt that an oxymoron?

tom Baldwin (1/29/2008)
Hey, don't blame the messenger here. I hate it as bad as you guys do. The truth hurts.

The TRUTH.

And how does one find the truth ? I've been looking for the truth all my life. I must be looking in all the wrong places.

I am so happy that there is at least one of us mortals that has found the truth.

If we cut Leftwich and Harrington, and keep Redman and Shockley I'd say offer a 5th round pick to the Pats for Matt Cassel, no more. That being that we've addressed our other needs and the other worthwhile QB's are gone and no other FA's worth bringing in are left.

Rob (1/29/2008)
If we cut Leftwich and Harrington, and keep Redman and Shockley I'd say offer a 5th round pick to the Pats for Matt Cassel, no more. That being that we've addressed our other needs and the other worthwhile QB's are gone and no other FA's worth bringing in are left.

OK. I can dig it !!

Bring It (1/29/2008)
I seriously doubt that there are any trades between us & the Pats. However, there may be a couple free agents from there that TD might like to make a play for.