The Democratic Response

"I'm not going to give a partisan reponse, I'm going to give an American response". With that said,

"join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,".

If "us" is the Democrats, how is that not partisan?

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
"I'm not going to give a partisan reponse, I'm going to give an American response". With that said,

"join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,join us,".

Great speech by Gov. Sebelius.

You must not have been paying close enough attention.

She asked the president (5times) to join the majority of Americans...

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

Give me a break, you can't be that naive. The whole speech was to set up the Democrats in the election. Bush did a good job at giving the number 20,000 for troops returning home. This killed her response on troop deployment.

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

Give me a break, you can't be that naive. The whole speech was to set up the Democrats in the election. Bush did a good job at giving the number 20,000 for troops returning home. This killed her response on troop deployment.

You seem to be the naive one here. The troops that have been returned home so far are part of the regular rotation.

...or did bush state an artificial time line for withdrawal?

:P

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

The majority of Americans want:

Social Security reform

Immigration reform

Tax cuts to be made permanent

Stay in Iraq (only 20% want to leave now)

Tell me which of those initiatives Congress has acted on? So who is really on the side of Americans?

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

You seem to be the naive one here. The troops that have been returned home so far are part of the regular rotation.

"As part of this transition, one Army brigade combat team and one Marine Expeditionary Unit have already come home and will not be replaced. In the coming months, four additional brigades and two Marine battalions will follow suit. Taken together, this means more than 20,000 of our troops are coming home."

I guess we should just pull everyone out right now? Is that your logic?

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

"As part of this transition, one Army brigade combat team and one Marine Expeditionary Unit have already come home and will not be replaced. In the coming months, four additional brigades and two Marine battalions will follow suit. Taken together, this means more than 20,000 of our troops are coming home."

But I thought is was part of the regular rotation???
kicker23 (1/29/2008)

Social Security reform

Immigration reform

Tell me which of those initiatives Congress has acted on? So who is really on the side of Americans?

Your having a bad morning.

Immigration reform: Only 20% of Americans wanted the plan proposed by the president and that failed in congress.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con..._on_enforcement

Social Security: 56% of Americans were against privatization

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...2-28-poll_x.htm

And 58% of Americans want us out of Iraq this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/13/iraq.poll/index.html

you're kinda having a snak.'ish type of morning.

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

Wow.

You're making this just too easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88rHeMNXyeY

A little more...

"The top American military commander in Iraq, Petraeus has spent the past week in Washington, D.C., trying to persuade Congress and the American public that the troop increase in Iraq is working.

At the same, Petraeus acknowledges that the so-called troop "surge" has placed an "enormous strain" on U.S. combat forces. He says troop levels will have to be further reduced after mid-2008, when they are expected to return to pre-"surge" levels of about 130,000. How much further? Military commanders still have to "do the math," he says.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=14369678

Regular rotation. Nothing more.

Gee thanks shrub!:cool:

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
kicker23 (1/29/2008)

Social Security reform

Immigration reform

Your having a bad morning.

Immigration reform: Only 20% of Americans wanted the plan proposed by the president and that failed in congress.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con..._on_enforcement

Social Security: 56% of Americans were against privatization

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...2-28-poll_x.htm

And 58% of Americans want us out of Iraq this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/13/iraq.poll/index.html

you're kinda having a snak.'ish type of morning.

Who said anything about Bush s plans? I simply stated that Congress, but specifically the democrats, are not on the side of Americans.

The majority of Americans want Social Security reform. Nobody said a word about privatization.

The majority of Americans want Immigration reform. Nobody said a word about Bush s Amnesty Bill.

The majority of Americans want their tax cuts to be permanent.

The majority of Americans don t want to leave Iraq immediately. You need to be able to distinguish immediately from within a year.

If by having a "snak" morning, you mean owning your soul, then I guess I am having a "snak" morning... :)

I will agree that Bush has done a crappy job and I blame our current economic woes to a large extent on Greenspan which also goes back to Bush

but if you think Democrats have done anything since getting into Congress, you are crazy. Most Americans are against illegal immigration and both Congress and the President have pretty much only paid it lip service. ****, Hillary won't come down to the south and talk to legal American voters, but she will go talk to illegals? WTF?

I disagree with the economic stimulus plan...its not going to do anything to help our economy. The democrats have taken a bad idea and made it worse tho because they want to continue to buy the votes of non-producers (and keep them as non-producers). It doesn't matter which side's Kool-Aid you are drinking, the end result is the same

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
A little more...

"The top American military commander in Iraq, Petraeus has spent the past week in Washington, D.C., trying to persuade Congress and the American public that the troop increase in Iraq is working.

At the same, Petraeus acknowledges that the so-called troop "surge" has placed an "enormous strain" on U.S. combat forces. He says troop levels will have to be further reduced after mid-2008, when they are expected to return to pre-"surge" levels of about 130,000. How much further? Military commanders still have to "do the math," he says.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=14369678

Regular rotation. Nothing more.

Gee thanks shrub!:cool:

Let me help you out...

surge ?? (s? KEY ?

VERB:

surged , surg?ing , surg?es

VERB:

intr.

To rise and move in a billowing or swelling manner.

To roll or be tossed about on waves, as a boat.

To move like advancing waves: The fans surged forward to see the movie star.

To increase suddenly: As favorable reviews came out, interest in the software surged.

To improve one's performance suddenly, especially in bettering one's standing in a competition.

Nautical To slip around a windlass. Used of a rope

You can't equate a surge as part of a regular rotation.

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)

Let me help you out...

surge ?? (s? KEY ?

VERB:

surged , surg?ing , surg?es

VERB:

intr.

To rise and move in a billowing or swelling manner.

To roll or be tossed about on waves, as a boat.

To move like advancing waves: The fans surged forward to see the movie star.

To increase suddenly: As favorable reviews came out, interest in the software surged.

To improve one's performance suddenly, especially in bettering one's standing in a competition.

Nautical To slip around a windlass. Used of a rope

You can't equate a surge as part of a regular rotation.

General Petraeus can:

Based on all this, and on the further progress we believe we can achieve over the next few months, I believe that we will be able to reduce our forces to the pre-surge level of brigade combat teams by next summer without jeopardizing the security gains that we have fought so hard to achieve, the General said.

As a first action, two unites sent to Iraq this year will return to the US by Decembers, Petraeus said. Also, four brigades and two Marine battalions are due to leave Iraq by July 2008, a last measure that would decrease the number of troops to the one registered prior to this year s surge.

jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
So, how is that part of a REGULAR rotation?

Are you trying to be dense?

There was never a plan to sustain the increased troop levels. They were always scheduled to come home. This is no major win. This wasn't some present bestowed upon the American people. Sheesh.

DomeGnome (1/29/2008)
jpepp4prez (1/29/2008)
So, how is that part of a REGULAR rotation?

Are you trying to be dense?

There was never a plan to sustain the increased troop levels. They were always scheduled to come home. This is no major win. This wasn't some present bestowed upon the American people. Sheesh.

Sorry General DomeGnome, you still haven't answered my question. Is a surge part of a regular rotation?