No QB till the third pick

Art Vandalay

With Woodson's stock falling after a miserable Senior Bowl, I think we'll have a legitimate shot at either Henne, Flacco, or Woodson with our third overall pick (#48). So we can focus on OL, DL, and RB before then. I do think it's possible there may be a surprise position pick--like a corner maybe if its someone that can return kicks well (a la Devin Hester).

Art Vandalay (1/28/2008)
With Woodson's stock falling after a miserable Senior Bowl, I think we'll have a legitimate shot at either Henne, Flacco, or Woodson with our third overall pick (#48). So we can focus on OL, DL, and RB before then. I do think it's possible there may be a surprise position pick--like a corner maybe if its someone that can return kicks well (a la Devin Hester).
I agree with you!

Art Vandalay (1/28/2008)
bossFALCON (1/28/2008)
pass on woodson. henne or flacco would be good. maybe even booty.

I think Woodson still has a chance to be pretty good. His delivery is slow but can be worked on. He did well in the SEC and that speaks volumes for me.

you dont usually see a qb with a slow or side arm delivery change. that is usually the only way the know how to throw and have been throwing like that their entire lives. if they could change it they wouldnt throw like that (examples: leftwich and his wind up, vince young and his side arm release, and vick throwing left handed). i dont see woodson changing the way he throws, plus he is a late 1st- early 2nd. i think that would be too early to take him.

I don't want to draft Woodson. He won't have any time behind our o-line. He will have defenders in his face and won't be able to get rid of the ball. He'll set a new record for sacks taken and fumbles lost. We already have a QB who is big and slow with a strong arm and a slow release ... byron "meatball" sandwich

snicker (1/29/2008)
I don't want to draft Woodson. He won't have any time behind our o-line. He will have defenders in his face and won't be able to get rid of the ball. He'll set a new record for sacks taken and fumbles lost. We already have a QB who is big and slow with a strong arm and a slow release ... byron "meatball" sandwich

Woodson is used to not having time to throw behind the UK line.

They may have had some decent targets but their Oline was atrocious.

Not to mention we need to rebuild the Oline anyway. We put it off all these years because of Vick's mobility.

Getting a pure pocket passer would force us to draft Olinemen.

Matthew Pritts (1/29/2008)
Hard Knock (1/28/2008)
I do not see Henne and Falcco there in the third. They will be gone I like Eric Ainge, I could live with Dennis Dixon or Joe Johnson they will be there 3 rd round or later.
Ainge will be no more then a 3rd stringer in the NFL.

No arm, and doesn't have it upstairs.

I agree his arm strength is not were it should be, I like how he managed the clock and

moved the chains in the senior bowl. Also the game wining drive was impressive. My

point was he will be there I think after the 2nd round. He started in the SEC and set some passing records there at Tennessee . He would be a nice pick up to develop. I do not want no QB picked until at least the third we have more urgent needs. I wish I had your insight to know that a player is lacking and will never be

better than third string. You might need to be working in the NFL.