Jordy Nelson Highlight Vid

scott24falcs (1/28/2008)
He's excellent at catching the ball with his hands, rather than letting it hit his chest. He's also very good at breaking off of his route and getting open. I would love to have a WR like him on our team. Michael Jenkins needs to be on the first plane out of town.
You see how he burnt Aqib Talib? Guy has wheels and I bet Mularkey loves him. I think he would have an immediate impact with his size and speed in a 3 WR set, and he can return punts and kicks if needed.

i like this guy also, the only thing i dont like about him is that he doesnt seem to be very quick or have a first quick step. i was watching him at the senior bowl practice and that was one of the first things that stood out to me. he does have good built up speed and catches the ball nice. i would love if the falcons drafted him in the 3rd round or so.

dan minnich (1/29/2008)
i like this guy also, the only thing i dont like about him is that he doesnt seem to be very quick or have a first quick step. i was watching him at the senior bowl practice and that was one of the first things that stood out to me. he does have good built up speed and catches the ball nice. i would love if the falcons drafted him in the 3rd round or so.
Late 3rd to early 4th would be perfect for WR in this draft...

At the Senior Bowl, one of the guys covering him was asked what he thought of Jordy. His comment was that he wasn't fast, but he always seemed to get open and had good hands. I could see him being a Welker type giving a good option in the middle and maybe playing from the slot. I thought he looked impressive in the practices, but not really a consistent deep threat.

capATL (1/29/2008)
At the Senior Bowl, one of the guys covering him was asked what he thought of Jordy. His comment was that he wasn't fast, but he always seemed to get open and had good hands. I could see him being a Welker type giving a good option in the middle and maybe playing from the slot. I thought he looked impressive in the practices, but not really a consistent deep threat.
He has built up deep speed. I remember one of the NFLN guys commenting on how the staff at K-State said when he got going he could run like Yamon Figurs... His deep speed would fit nicely in a vertical system.

bush (1/29/2008)
Too many needs to take a WR in this years draft, which really is a shame. There are some great prospects up until the fourth round.
ATL needs depth at every position. I don't see it as a position the team won't draft. Horn won't be around long, Finneran is gonna get cut, Jenkins won't be here for long, and Jennings job is in jeopardy as a PR.

The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)
Too many needs to take a WR in this years draft, which really is a shame. There are some great prospects up until the fourth round.
ATL needs depth at every position. I don't see it as a position the team won't draft. Horn won't be around long, Finneran is gonna get cut, Jenkins won't be here for long, and Jennings job is in jeopardy as a PR.

We need to look to free agency to get a WR. Bryant Johnson makes sense to me, he is that huge possesion reciever that we've always lacked.

bush (1/29/2008)
The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)

We need to look to free agency to get a WR. Bryant Johnson makes sense to me, he is that huge possesion reciever that we've always lacked.

Bryant Johnson will want to go to another team to start. We have a nice combo in White and Robinson, IMO.

The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)
The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)

Bryant Johnson will want to go to another team to start. We have a nice combo in White and Robinson, IMO.

true, but Johnson has been a third stringer for most of his career. If we had kept Pigtrino's offense, I think we would have had a better chance to sign him because its more of a spread offense.

bush (1/29/2008)
The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)
The Cush (1/29/2008)
bush (1/29/2008)

This draft is so deep at WR, I think you have to take advantage of it. Same as with CB. Obviously we need OL badly, so we'll take advantage by default there.

true, but Johnson has been a third stringer for most of his career. If we had kept Pigtrino's offense, I think we would have had a better chance to sign him because its more of a spread offense.