Jason Statham to remake The Crow?

Headshot

Jason Statham is one of the very few action stars out there who hasn t been rumored to be involved in a comic book movie. He remedied that today in an interview with IESB, where he started dropping hints about future projects.

Statham says he took a meeting for Sub-Mariner, which sounds like an awful role for him and he agrees. Statham s assessment of the project is, I don t know if I d look right running around in a tight speedo with wings on my ankles. I don t know if anyone would Jason. Hopefully they d at least nix the silly ankle feathers if Namor ever gets his own film.

Also on Jason Statham s possible comic book movie list is The Crow, which he says a non-specific they is in the process of remaking. The original of course, starred Brandon Lee and was a huge cult hit. It also doesn t need to be remade& it s not that old after all. If they do redo it though, Statham says if that one comes my way, bang! I guess that means he d really like to do it. Aside from the fact that a remake is a horrible idea (but then when isn t it), I have a hard time picturing him all gothed out like Brandon Lee. Statham s best when he s playing a brute, and The Crow is a little more subtle than his normal head-butting stuff.

direwolf (1/29/2008)
I don't think that'd be a good role for him. Just one fellow's opinion.

Direwolf

It'd be a terrible role for him.

Remaking this movie is the dumbest idea in a long list of dumb Hollywood ideas, but if they absolutely HAVE to do it, why not choose someone who can pull it off like Scott Speedman or Stewart Townsend.

Why remake the franchise at all? AFter the first one, all the others sucked...****, the last installment went straight to Sci Fi channel...not even good enough for a straight to dvd release...:crazy:

just let the franchise stay dead...

if they truly wanted to take a cult classic and remake it, then at least pick one that has a chance of spawning marketable sequels...something like Remo Williams, or bring back Kurt Russell as smilin' Jack Burton, and finally make that sequel to Big Trouble in Little China. ;)