Are the Dawgs overloaded with WR's and TE's?

halsey

Kris Durham

Demiko Goodman

Kenneth Harris

Mohamed Massaquoi

Tony Wilson

Israel Troupe

Walter Hill

Mike Moore

Aron White

AJ Green

Tavarres King

Tripp Chandler

Bruce Figgins

Nedrris Ward

Dwayne Allen

Bryce Ros

****....... I just realized Matthew Stafford is gonna win the 2008 Heisman.

If I someone like Kenneth Harris or Mike Moore, and I didn't have a strong spring, I would talk to the coaches about whether I should consider transferring because that's a LOADED recieving corps. It'll be hard to get them all on the field and involved.

Funny thing is all those recievers you listed from last years squad got a chnace to play and just not clean-up minutes...Next year it will be much of the same, CMR believes in rotating players and keeping his playmakers fresh so no reason for anyone to be discouraged because they don't start. As far as the TE's Tripp is the guy but hasn'r shown all the neccessary consistency to be an everydown starter soo look for all those guys to see action and the versatility of a Bruce Figgins allows you to line him up at H-back or as a reciever. Next year should be very exciing to watch all around!

Edit: With the exception of those redshirted of course...

That is some UGA homerism at its finest...and I played for UGA.

We have a bunch of young, inconsistent vets and a handful of talented, unproven guys.

Massa is OK, but erratic.

Kris is OK at best.

I will agree on TE's though...UGA has put out ridiculous talent in the last decade. So we can assume that Tripp Chandler will be in the NFL. He had some drops last season, but so did Martrez in his senior year....Tripp will be straight. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Everett.

Ben Watson

Leonard Pope

Martrez Milner

Randy McMichael

Jermaine Wiggins

halsey (1/28/2008)
Kris Durham

Demiko Goodman

Kenneth Harris

Mohamed Massaquoi

Tony Wilson

Israel Troupe

Walter Hill

Mike Moore

Aron White

AJ Green

Tavarres King

Tripp Chandler

Bruce Figgins

Nedrris Ward

Dwayne Allen

Bryce Ros

If I someone like Kenneth Harris or Mike Moore, and I didn't have a strong spring, I would talk to the coaches about whether I should consider transferring because that's a LOADED recieving corps. It'll be hard to get them all on the field and involved.

Tony Wilson will be really good. I watched him in high school and he was really good. He came from a team that is a playoff contender every year in Florida Class 5A. There are serious compitition in Class 5A.

He is quick and fast. We need to let him return kick. A better version of Mikey Henderson.

Why did we move Arron White to WR? He is a solid TE.

I think UGA just doesnt want to be where they were 2 years ago. When they woke up and had no real receiving threat in one year. Also, 5 of those guys will be gone after next year. And I'm not really sure Bryce Ros is going to be a TE either.

I'm also not really sure you could call Mass eratic after this year. But whatever.

Aaron White was moved to WR because of his size, and it was only for his redshirt year. I'm sure he'll be back at TE in spring ball.

It;s true. Stafford will have a good mix of veteran targets to throw to and young tlented guys who will get better as the season progresses. Let's also not forget that Moreno and Sutherland are dependable targets. The threat of the Dawgs stable of backs will keep defenses honest. Stafford = 2008 Heisman winner.

mbrizzle (1/29/2008)
I think UGA just doesnt want to be where they were 2 years ago. When they woke up and had no real receiving threat in one year. Also, 5 of those guys will be gone after next year. And I'm not really sure Bryce Ros is going to be a TE either.

I'm also not really sure you could call Mass eratic after this year. But whatever.

Aaron White was moved to WR because of his size, and it was only for his redshirt year. I'm sure he'll be back at TE in spring ball.

8 games under 3 receptions...less receptions than his rookie season...still managed to be second on the team in drops(Tripp paced everyone)

He was far better than he was in 2006, but that isnt saying much. He did come up with some big plays and some clutch plays. Hopefully he will have a great senior season to cap off his dissapointing UGA career(dissapointing considering he looked like a potential star as a freshy).

halsey (1/29/2008)
It;s true. Stafford will have a good mix of veteran targets to throw to and young tlented guys who will get better as the season progresses. Let's also not forget that Moreno and Sutherland are dependable targets. The threat of the Dawgs stable of backs will keep defenses honest. Stafford = 2008 Heisman winner.

He would have to double his touchdowns and win every winnable game, that would be a stretch.

halsey (1/28/2008)

Kris Durham Demiko Goodman Kenneth Harris Mohamed Massaquoi Tony Wilson

Israel Troupe Walter Hill Mike Moore Aron White AJ Green Tavarres King

Tripp Chandler Bruce Figgins Nedrris Ward Dwayne Allen Bryce Ros

No we don't have too many TEs or WRs. If you look at most rosters uga actually doesn't really have much, pretty much they are average. Right now uf has 11 wrs and 5 tes. Tennessee has 20 wrs and 5 tes. After this year we lose 3 wrs. UGA will need to pick up 2 to 3 wrs in the 2009 class.

Regarding our WR here is my opinion of them:

MoMass is a playmaker period. Sorry kori he isn't close to being eractic. He is solid and makes huge plays for this team.

Kenneth Harris and Demiko Godman are guys that will need to step up and at least be threats when they are on the field. People forget how highly ranked Demiko was coming out. He hasn't been able to stay healthy at all.

This receiving corps is going to be terrific this year. Tony Wilson is very very physical. Great blocker, but he will go anywhere to catch the ball.

Israel Troupe is a guy people have forgotten, but they shouldn't. Him and Walter Hill will IMO make some big players this year. To have a player like Walter Hill with his size, leaping ability, and great hands will be huge in the red zone.

Tavarres and AJ Green are great great prospects. AJ Green plays a lot right away. I see Tavarres redshirting unless the team needs him. Mike Moore I can do without. No comment on him.

Regarding the TE, chandler made some big plays (remember the catch in the vandy game) and Aaron White has tremendous size, nice speed, and great hands. He wasn't the #1 TE in the country for no reason . Our TEs will dwayne allen this year will just continue to be a big part of this offense.

UGA has great speed at the wr position, great size, and playmakers throughout. I can't wait to see bobo in his 2nd year of play calling. People forget that Bobo was only in his first season of calling plays and he won't have to do the quick screen he had to yesterday due to all those freshman playing on the line. It's going to be awesome. Oh yeah and you add in that great running game and you will see play action at it's finest.

Richard Nixon (1/29/2008)
halsey (1/29/2008)

He would have to double his touchdowns and win every winnable game, that would be a stretch.

It's not unusual for QB's to make big leaps between thier sophmore and junior years. He certainly did between his freshman and sophmore year. Andre Woodson, Matt Ryan and Eric Ainge are QB's I know of that made big leaps between thier sophmore and junior year.

halsey (1/30/2008)
Richard Nixon (1/29/2008)
halsey (1/29/2008)

It's not unusual for QB's to make big leaps between thier sophmore and junior years. He certainly did between his freshman and sophmore year. Andre Woodson, Matt Ryan and Eric Ainge are QB's I know of that made big leaps between thier sophmore and junior year.

Bingo.. if he comes close to the improvement he did from year 1 to year 2 for year 2 to year 3 it's going to be amazing. his improvement this past year was big..