IF we draft Matt Ryan

1989Fan

BillyWitchDoctor (1/28/2008)
I personally don't like Ryan at all. However, if we do pick it I'm going to trust TD's judgement in taking him and will wait to see how it pans out.

Remember, TD said he is very stubborn with QBs. So if he makes the pick, I am going to trust him and his track record.

I don't believe there is even a 5% chance of this eventuality. The Falcons made their intentions known with their Senior Bowl interviews. We're going defense early if McFadden is gone (and maybe even then) followed by QB somewhere in the round 2-4 range. Wyche has all but shouted this from the rafters, too. Say what else you will about the guy, he's largely known our draft plans each of the past 3 years.

Guest Libid21

Ryan was rumored to have said that he didn't want to come to Atlanta. I'd personally like someone to confirm that though. If it was true, in which it probably is, then I have no clue why you guys would still want a guy that doesn't want to be here in Atlanta. I know you guys will be supporting Tom Dimitroff's decisions, but if Ryan doesn't want to be here, then it's obviously not the perfect fit. I will always root for Atlanta, and I will never be a trolling member who whines at all. I think the people who've known me for a while will know that I'm not a complainer at all. However, I will only root for Atlanta, and I will always have that against Ryan that he said in an interview that he doesn't want to be here. Sorry, but just because he plays on the team doesn't mean I really have to like the guy. I will root for him because he can hand us the wins, but again, that doesn't mean I have to be in love with the guy.

IMO, the QB`s in this draft are not Top 10 worthy. They just lucked out to be in a draft class where their are no ELITE prospects. Matt Ryan is nothing special, but if we do draft him, even when he has stated that he doesn`t want to play here, i`ll support it and see what happens.

Ill be very disappointed if we draft Ryan if there is better talent on the board; which to me would be the whole of the first 2 rounds...

I really hope Dimitroff drafts for both lines and a QB this year(along with depth), and uses the next draft for playmakers such as MLB and S. The MLB and S class next year should be sick...