Giants Player Castrated Lamb With Teeth

july425

Patriots....you've been warned.

Full Link: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/107441

Giants Ruegamer keeps things loose

Comments 0| Recommend 1

Jack Magruder, Tribune

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J. - Castrating a lamb with your teeth is a pretty simple procedure, really. Grey Ruegamer knows. You grab the forelegs and pin them to the ground, and then you grab the back legs and throw them on their back, Ruegamer said.

And when the, uh, target area is exposed, away you go. It s the way the Basques do it.

Ruegamer, a former Arizona State All-American who will return for Super Bowl XLII with the New York Giants, became a practitioner when a family friend, who is Basque, asked for extra help on her working sheep and cattle ranch outside Las Vegas, Nev., where Ruegamer grew up.

A good number of Basques have settled in Nevada there once was legalized gambling on jai alai, a sport played almost exclusively by Basques, in Las Vegas and the rancher had about 200 head of young sheep that needed attention.

I was hesitant, Ruegamer said with a laugh. But it is what it is. She needed help. There was beer. Good times. It was worth it.

As for the procedure itself, you pull them out with your teeth, spit them in a bucket, next one.

There was other work that had to get done, so we had to hurry with that and move onto the next thing. It s just a little lamb. It s not a big animal. I have pictures.

The blood on your mustache is the worst part.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

capologist (1/28/2008)
btrain5489 (1/28/2008)

Would that be the same as classifying shooting a few buck, whether illegal or not, as good times?

How many times must the same question be answered?

In my opinion, killing anything "for fun" is sick. It's about the 100th time I've made that statement...

Some people just aren't ever going to get it Cappy. I don't even waste my time trying to educate them anymore. They're lost.

gritblitzer (1/28/2008)
capologist (1/28/2008)
btrain5489 (1/28/2008)

Would that be the same as classifying shooting a few buck, whether illegal or not, as good times?

How many times must the same question be answered?

In my opinion, killing anything "for fun" is sick. It's about the 100th time I've made that statement...

Some people just aren't ever going to get it Cappy. I don't even waste my time trying to educate them anymore. They're lost.

Lost?

The only people that are lost are the ones that think killing certain animals is suddenly ok just because the law says it is.

capologist (1/28/2008)
july425 (1/28/2008)

Obviously he didn't consider it abuse. It was just part of the farm chores.

No, he considered it fun. If he doesn't consider that abuse then he hasn't a shred of common sense...

So you think those rural farmers that castrate pigs, sheep, whatever, believe their actions constitute abuse or is it simply a part of the life cycle of a farm animal? This method may be a tad bit repulsive, but I do know my great-grandfather and grandfather castrated their own pigs (not with their own teeth) on their farm, and its not (or rather was not) considered abuse.

july425 (1/28/2008)

So you think those rural farmers that castrate pigs, sheep, whatever, believe their actions constitute abuse or is it simply a part of the life cycle of a farm animal? This method may be a tad bit repulsive, but I do know my great-grandfather and grandfather castrated their own pigs (not with their own teeth) on their farm, and its not (or rather was not) considered abuse.

You've missed the point entirely. It's not the castration itself that's inhumane. It's the castration of the animal while it's fully conscious and can feel every single bit of it that's inhumane. I can't believe I'm having to point that out...

capologist (1/28/2008)
july425 (1/28/2008)

You've missed the point entirely. It's not the castration itself that's inhumane. It's the castration of the animal while it's fully conscious and can feel every single bit of it that's inhumane. I can't believe I'm having to point that out...

I got your point...which is why I made the comment about my own great-grandfather and grandfather. Do you really think small and/or more rural farmers are using anesthesia?

july425 (1/28/2008)
nativefalcon (1/28/2008)
Honestly that is is quite gross, farmboys in Arizona, probably do things to sheep we don't want to know. :P

The person that sent me the article said the exact same thing..:laugh:

Heck first thing I thought of, If I was him, I wouldn't want to be sharing info like that. :P Like Cow tipping, even though that can be hilarious. :P

july425 (1/28/2008)

I got your point...which is why I made the comment about my own great-grandfather and grandfather. Do you really think small and/or more rural farmers are using anesthesia?

I don't know as I'm not a farmer but I believe they should be as it's not humane to do so otherwise...