Mel Kiper on poker game between Dolphins and Falcons

rexfalcon

According to Chris Mortenson, the Dolphins have great interest in drafting Matt Ryan number 1 in April. Apparently,Parcells does not like any of the quarterbacks on the roster and Ryan reminds him of Drew Bledsoe.

Kiper stated on ESPN radio this weekend that Parcells in trying to hype Matt Ryan so that the Falcons trade up into the number one spot to draft him. According to Kiper, Falcons have big time interest in Ryan and the Dolphins are trying to take advantage. Kiper stated that the Falcons wants a quarterback to be the new face of the franchise to go along with the new coaching staff and GM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)
According to Chris Mortenson, the Dolphins have great interest in drafting Matt Ryan number 1 in April. Apparently,Parcells does not like any of the quarterbacks on the roster and Ryan reminds him of Drew Bledsoe.

Kiper stated on ESPN radio this weekend that Parcells in trying to hype Matt Ryan so that the Falcons trade up into the number one spot to draft him. According to Kiper, Falcons have big time interest in Ryan and the Dolphins are trying to take advantage. Kiper stated that the Falcons wants a quarterback to be the new face of the franchise to go along with the new coaching staff and GM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*big breath*ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If thomas thinks hes the right guy he should be considered.Ryan is a playmaker and so is brohm.A qb will go 1st overall but I doubt we move were ever we draft from.Yesterday it was mcfadden dallas rumors.Today its ryan rumors.We are 3 months out from the draft this is all postureing.

I hope we trade DOWN with Dallas ... and pick up their 2 1st round picks ... if DMac is on the board ... I believe Dallas will pull the trigger on that ... OL/DL/RB/LB will be our big concerns in this draft ... mark my words ... when Smitty said Stop the run ... and Run by controlling the line ... is our #1 plan ... I was cheesing !!! :D Finally a coach that gets it ...

Tandy Gossett (1/28/2008)
I hope we trade DOWN with Dallas ... and pick up their 2 1st round picks ... if DMac is on the board ... I believe Dallas will pull the trigger on that ... OL/DL/RB/LB will be our big concerns in this draft ... mark my words ... when Smitty said Stop the run ... and Run by controlling the line ... is our #1 plan ... I was cheesing !!! :D Finally a coach that gets it ...

Dallas 2 1st rounders are not close to the value of a 3rd thru 5th pick.Tradeing the pick is a copout.

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)

****! The game's afoot!:w00t:

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)

Well if Mort is reporting this then it is probably true that Parcells is saying he loves Ryan. Mort is just another tool for Parcells to use for disinformation at this point. The fact that Parcells is saying he loves Ryan does not make it true and in fact probably means it is false.

As to Kiper's insight into the Falcons' strategery....he has no idea, he is simply talking out of his anus. Then again....so I am.

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)
THe problem is that TD may view Matt Ryan as the Atlanta version of Tom Brady. Tom Brady wasn't the best quarterback in college but Bellicheck's system made him great. Maybe with a ball control offense they feel that Ryan could become a superstar.

Even if your specultion were to be true, they didn't pick Tom Brady until the 6th round, right? No way we should be trying to manipulate this deal for Ryan. I will seriously begin to doubt anything else TD does if this were to happen.

for the draft time newbies, here is the Golden rule....take everything you hear about the draft, and throw 80%+ of it out the window as smoke. ESPECIALLY with high draft picks.

Look at last season. We interviewed all these guys countless times. Said we wanted CJ. And in the end we took a guy that we never even called once after we interviewed him at the combine!

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)

A quarterback to be the NEW face of the Falcons??????????????????

:D:D:D

Just what you all need! Sounds to me like Artie may still be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong! What in **** do you all need with a new face of the franchise for? The last one f***** you all so bad, why in **** do you need to have another one?

DAYUM, your owner is a complete idiot if any of this is true! Lucky for you all my 16 yr. old daughter seems to know more about what's going on with the Falcons then Mort does.:D

rexfalcon (1/28/2008)
THe problem is that TD may view Matt Ryan as the Atlanta version of Tom Brady. Tom Brady wasn't the best quarterback in college but Bellicheck's system made him great. Maybe with a ball control offense they feel that Ryan could become a superstar.

Hey if TD really see's Ryan as the next Brady he would draft him in the 6th round like Brady. TD know talent and knows you don't have to blow a top 5 pick on a QB if you don't want to as evidence by Brady being a 6th round pick.

Johnnybuc (1/28/2008)
rexfalcon (1/28/2008)

A quarterback to be the NEW face of the Falcons??????????????????

:D:D:D

Just what you all need! Sounds to me like Artie may still be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong! What in **** do you all need with a new face of the franchise for? The last one f***** you all so bad, why in **** do you need to have another one?

DAYUM, your owner is a complete idiot if any of this is true! Lucky for you all my 16 yr. old daughter seems to know more about what's going on with the Falcons then Mort does.:D

That's cause she's really a Falcons fan. She just hides it from you. I could tell you more, but I promised her I wouldn't... :P

FalconsFor6 (1/28/2008)
Well, the good thing about that tidbit is that Mort reported it so the likeliness of it being true are cut by 50%...

I sincerely hopes he's off base with this one...

I'd rather us draft a later round QB, a RB, then draft heavy on defense...

and you wont win anything like that please address the oline

or we will still suck offensively

Sorry but wouldn't Henne be the next Brady ??? Also Brady doesn't do it all ... the Pats have a COMPLETE TEAM ... not a one man show ... That's why they win ... I'd be happy with Henne in the 3rd/4th ... but I don't see any QBs that I'm excited about ... Redman may be fine ... plus Smitty drafted Redman ... so we may have our QB already ...

I don't need a Face of the Franchise to buy tickets ... I buy Falcon tickets ... not Vick tickets ... You have to have a TEAM to have a Franchise anyways ...

"If you build it ... They WILL come !!!"

1989fan (1/28/2008)
for the draft time newbies, here is the Golden rule....take everything you hear about the draft, and throw 80%+ of it out the window as smoke. ESPECIALLY with high draft picks.

Look at last season. We interviewed all these guys countless times. Said we wanted CJ. And in the end we took a guy that we never even called once after we interviewed him at the combine!

Yeah, but look who was running our draft.