Are the Falcons Keeping Rosburg?

bozoatl

Our ST coverage was HORRIBLE this year. Joe D said he would not come back to ATL, but there has to be better coaches than this guy. Our returners were left to fend for themselves. There seemed to be practically no blocking on kicks. I hope Rosburg gets replaced.

bozoatl (1/28/2008)
Our ST coverage was HORRIBLE this year. Joe D said he would not come back to ATL, but there has to be better coaches than this guy. Our returners were left to fend for themselves. There seemed to be practically no blocking on kicks. I hope Rosburg gets replaced.

I don't think it was as bad as you think...Punt returns just plain sucked. (Info gotten from nfl.com)

Kick off Returns

Actually, we were #6 in the league in Kick-off returns.

Kick offs

We were #10 in Kickoff Average (64.8). We had 1 kickoff returned for a TD(Tampa) We were #9 in Touchbacks..not too bad considering how few kick offs we had(64)

Punt Returns

We sucked in Punt Returns...#81 just couldn't figure it out.

Punts

Koenen was #9 in net average(38.8yds) and that's with the 4th most punts in the league. We had no punts blocked or returned for TD's. He also forced the most fair catches (31). The next closest was 19.

Field Goals

Mort was 25 for 28 with 1 block and a miss from 47 and 48 yards. Thats %89...good for #9 in the league.

dirteebirdee (1/28/2008)
bozoatl (1/28/2008)

I don't think it was as bad as you think...Punt returns just plain sucked. (Info gotten from nfl.com)

Kick off Returns

Kick offs

We were #10 in Kickoff Average (64.8). We had 1 kickoff returned for a TD(Tampa) We were #9 in Touchbacks..not too bad considering how few kick offs we had(64)

Punt Returns

Punts

Koenen was #9 in net average(38.8yds) and that's with the 4th most punts in the league. We had no punts blocked or returned for TD's. He also forced the most fair catches (31). The next closest was 19.

Field Goals

Mort was 25 for 28 with 1 block and a miss from 47 and 48 yards. Thats %89...good for #9 in the league.

giving up the TD to Tampa Bay should be enough to get any ST coach fired...

dirteebirdee (1/28/2008)
bozoatl (1/28/2008)

Kick off Returns

Kick offs

Punt Returns

Punts

Field Goals

GREAT post!!!

Also the two fake punt plays need to be mentioned. I thought Rosburg was smart as far as the timing of calling those plays...they both worked tremendously.