Gone Are the Days............

Bring It

With Dimitroff and Smitty on board, we will not see player personnel acquired just for the sake of hype or glitz, as in the miserable past. This new regime will carefully staff the team with players who possess talent, intelligence, character, heart, and loyalty. No more dimwits who can barely spell their own name and have a parole officer as their best friend, but can run the 40 with eye-popping attention. Those waste products are history.

It's a new day.................a VERY refreshing new day.

Be patient folks, the best is yet to come.

I tend to agree with you on this. I'd expect less of the splashy headline making picks/signings and more of the Pittsburgh Steelers model of boring but highly productive. Heck, I'd like us to take the Steelers' cues on head coaches personally. Stop firing guys for cryin out loud and let a guy grow over a number of years. If our owner had been patient for a few more years, I'd bet my hat that Coach Reeves would've put us back in the Superbowl by now...

thanat0s (1/28/2008)
I tend to agree with you on this. I'd expect less of the splashy headline making picks/signings and more of the Pittsburgh Steelers model of boring but highly productive. Heck, I'd like us to take the Steelers' cues on head coaches personally. Stop firing guys for cryin out loud and let a guy grow over a number of years. If our owner had been patient for a few more years, I'd bet my hat that Coach Reeves would've put us back in the Superbowl by now...

I love Dan Reeves as a person, but on offense schemes, I'm afraid he was still living back in the 70's. He was easy to defend against. Very, very predictable. In reality, the only reason the Falcon's made the Superbowl in '98 was because Gary Anderson of the Vikes missed an easy fieldgoal that he normally makes blindfolded. It was destiny for some reason.

Anyway, coach Reeves is a solid, quality, class act............all the way.

Gary Anderson didnt make us go 14-2 in the regular season, and didnt win our first playoff game for us.

That team had game, and even as predictable as Reeves was, it didnt matter because Anderson couldnt be stopped even with 8 in the box. Also, Chandler had one **** of a season that year.

1989fan (1/28/2008)
Gary Anderson didnt make us go 14-2 in the regular season, and didnt win our first playoff game for us.

That team had game, and even as predictable as Reeves was, it didnt matter because Anderson couldnt be stopped even with 8 in the box. Also, Chandler had one **** of a season that year.

Gary Anderson helped the Vikes go 15 and 1 !!!!!!!!!

I'll say it again..............we made the Superbowl cause Gary missed a chip shot. It happens. No big deal, it just allowed our guy, Morten Anderson, to do HIS thing. He didn't miss, did he.

Bring It (1/28/2008)
With Dimitroff and Smitty on board, we will not see player personnel acquired just for the sake of hype or glitz, as in the miserable past. This new regime will carefully staff the team with players who possess talent, intelligence, character, heart, and loyalty. No more dimwits who can barely spell their own name and have a parole officer as their best friend, but can run the 40 with eye-popping attention. Those waste products are history.

It's a new day.................a VERY refreshing new day.

Be patient folks, the best is yet to come.

yup thank God for the computerized, analytical , young gun Dmitroff and Smitty that will draft on need and instead of what we did before. :sick::cool:;):)

thanat0s (1/28/2008)
I don't know if I could agree with you more.

thanat0s (1/28/2008)

Our owner at the time, thought he knew more than Dan Reeves and Dan had crafted a team to go, we went to the NFCCG the next year, If Dan Would have been at the helm I still believe the super bowl. And the owner would listen to the QB instead of listening to the guy that had over 30 years experience in the NFL. How much time did arthur have as a owner. 2 years at that point. Took him 5 years to figure it now out. There is no quick fix, you need to set a system up that is going to WIN over time and quit firing everybody. Look at Oakland their in worse shape then we are. ;)