Free Agency Suggestions

What do you think we need most in free agency?

1-Derek Anderson (obviously we need a qb, this could keep us from being forced to use a pick here. he is ready to play at a pro bowl contending level. i admit its wishful thinking)

2-Flozell Adams (having a lt going in to the draft is just good strategy. this takes long out of the picture and leaves us with options of mcfadden, ellis, dorsey, ryan) with our first.

3-Alan Fanaca (helping us to build our line... blaylock on rg, fancea lg, maybe long at lt... i think its respectable.)

4-Marion Barber (keeping us from being forced to take a RB in rounds 1,2)

5-Michale Turner (see above)

6-Albert Haynesworth (i think we will have a shot at either dorsey or ellis in the draft, but if we can sign him, we dont worry about that position early in the draft.)

If we can sign atleast one of these guys we can make a pick out of sensibility, not desperation.

What do you think would be the best...

est1979smartkid (1/28/2008)
What do you think we need most in free agency?

1-Derek Anderson (obviously we need a qb, this could keep us from being forced to use a pick here. he is ready to play at a pro bowl contending level. i admit its wishful thinking)

2-Flozell Adams (having a lt going in to the draft is just good strategy. this takes long out of the picture and leaves us with options of mcfadden, ellis, dorsey, ryan) with our first.

3-Alan Fanaca (helping us to build our line... blaylock on rg, fancea lg, maybe long at lt... i think its respectable.)

4-Marion Barber (keeping us from being forced to take a RB in rounds 1,2)

5-Michale Turner (see above)

6-Albert Haynesworth (i think we will have a shot at either dorsey or ellis in the draft, but if we can sign him, we dont worry about that position early in the draft.)

If we can sign atleast one of these guys we can make a pick out of sensibility, not desperation.

What do you think would be the best...

Anderson will cost, but I like him more than the QBs in the draft. Maybe because I am a Browns fan, and saw him in action. He is real. Not some AJ Feely "system" season.

Flozell Adams will be 33 years old. I wouldnt pay him much. The Cowboys dont want to keep him, so why should we.

Barber is a RFA. He will cost at least a first rounder.

Turner I like, but dont know that I like him more than many of the top 5-7 RBs in this draft honestly.

Haynesworth will get paid, but he only had one good season. If he continued at a high level fine, but I dont know if that will happen.

That leaves Faneca, who while he is not the guy he was 3 seasons ago, he would still make the biggest impact, and fill a BIG psoition need that the draft seems to be lacking at.

I would love to look at Karlos Dansby, but like you said, pay him little.

As for our OL, Flozell Adams (short term contract) and Alan Faneca would be a dramatic improvement to our OL. Our money would be best spent here, and would allow us to be much more flexible in the draft.

As for Michael Turner, I just don't see him being worth all the money he is going to get. Someone is going to grossly overpay him, and I hope it isn't us.