Quick question about the coaches

I've been away for a few days and wanted to ask everyone.

Since the Falcons have hired some new coaches what does this mean to the team?

Or that is : "What kinda defense can we expect? And what kinda offense do you think the Falcons will imploy?". Just wondering, I've been away for a few days and I'm just getting caught up to date on the latest news.

Or that is : "What kinda defense can we expect? And what kinda offense do you think the Falcons will imploy?". Just wondering, I've been away for a few days and I'm just getting caught up to date on the latest news.

Well, the new coach's philosophy is "run the ball and stop the run."

Coach Smith said run the ball and be able to stop the run. Malarkey likes to run the ball, do playaction rollout, move the QB in and outside the pocket, through deep after the run is good and established and put a wrinkle or trick play in now and then. The only QB on the roster that can do that is DJ Shockley, so this looks like his chance.

Thanks for the info. Does anybody know if they are gonna run a 3-4 defense or 4-3? I wonder if that means more of a west coast kinda offense. Hmmm, I have some catching up to do as to who these coaches are and what they have a history of imploying for offense and defense.

Thanks again for the information. I appreciate it.:D

hawkeyes (1/27/2008)
Coach Smith said run the ball and be able to stop the run. Malarkey likes to run the ball, do playaction rollout, move the QB in and outside the pocket, through deep after the run is good and established and put a wrinkle or trick play in now and then. The only QB on the roster that can do that is DJ Shockley, so this looks like his chance.

I hope DJ gets his chance. I do like hearing that the playaction rollout might be in the mix, I've never been one to think the QB needs to stand back there on every play and take one for the team because more times than not the QB is lost for the season doing that.

Thanks for the info.:D

freeze1st (1/27/2008)

"THE FREEZE." I know I haven't heard from you in a while. I've been gone a few days too. Well we are back ........ Let's shake up some stuff:D

REV.2000 (1/28/2008)
freeze1st (1/27/2008)

"THE FREEZE." I know I haven't heard from you in a while. I've been gone a few days too. Well we are back ........ Let's shake up some stuff:D

:laugh: Sounds good to me! :D

hawkeyes (1/27/2008)

that sounds like DJs perfect offense. dang i didnt know that about Malarkey. it looks like DJ is gonna be DA Future. DJ's mobility will help the us, because it takes pressure off of them. look at Dallas last year their offensive line Blew, but because of romo's mobility it wasnt that big of a problem.

Shockley reminds me a lot of Romo.

Well since others can help you out with the offensive side i'll go with the Defensive side since im a Jags Fan also. Primary Defense is a 4-3 Cover 2 Heavy in the middle the DT position is key on Smiths defense. He usually relies on the front 4 to get pressure on the QB while having a FS sorta Deep. His LB's are usually quick and smart. He always cross trains players to a different position where if someone gets injured they can replace him without losing much talent loss. Thats why the jags defense has always been great they had 15 people on IR 1 year and still finished 8-8 and in the top 10 in defense. He is not a big blitzer type guy but he will throw one in there every couple of plays and the Blitzer could be any of the other players i have seen it Nelson as a FS to Mathis at CB to Smith at LB. The best thing i like about Smiths defense is since they are all cross trained he can go to different schemes against different teams and play against their strengths. He has been know to throw in a 3-4 Defense and a 3-3-5 defense to match up better. Don't be surprised if he grabs Ellis or Dorsey with the 1st pick. Hope this helped freeze :)

FalconFan13 (1/28/2008)
Well since others can help you out with the offensive side i'll go with the Defensive side since im a Jags Fan also. Primary Defense is a 4-3 Cover 2 Heavy in the middle the DT position is key on Smiths defense. He usually relies on the front 4 to get pressure on the QB while having a FS sorta Deep. His LB's are usually quick and smart. He always cross trains players to a different position where if someone gets injured they can replace him without losing much talent loss. Thats why the jags defense has always been great they had 15 people on IR 1 year and still finished 8-8 and in the top 10 in defense. He is not a big blitzer type guy but he will throw one in there every couple of plays and the Blitzer could be any of the other players i have seen it Nelson as a FS to Mathis at CB to Smith at LB. The best thing i like about Smiths defense is since they are all cross trained he can go to different schemes against different teams and play against their strengths. He has been know to throw in a 3-4 Defense and a 3-3-5 defense to match up better. Don't be surprised if he grabs Ellis or Dorsey with the 1st pick. Hope this helped freeze :)

weird, because VanGorder loves to blitz. he also likes to attack the D. its more of an attack and let the offense react, than the whole Bend but dont break. he also runs more man on man with his corners.