Now that we have confirmation that the Cowboys want McFadden

atljbo

What should we do.......

OK please lets get it out of our minds that Marion Barber will be included in the trade....Jerry Jones want Mcfadden as the feature back with marion barber sharing time with him....so with that said .if we do win the 3rd pick(i know we will get it) and we all know Mcfadden will fall to that spot...would you trade the 3rd pick for there two 1st round pick,2009 second round pick,and Bobby Carpenter(they are trying to trade him)

If you would do this trade....what do you think the first 3 rounds will look like for us... and if you dont like the trade.... tell me why

p1369106_customback.chain]

1st round:6'4 226lbs QB Brian Brohm

p1369090_customback.chain]

1st round:6'1 183lbs CB/FS Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

p1369100_customback.chain]

2nd round:6'4 320lbs DT Pat Sims

2nd round:6'5 312lbs LT Anthony Collins

3rd round:6'6 331lbs RT/G Barry Richardson

3rd round:6'1 202lbs RB Jamaal Charles,

atljbo (1/27/2008)
What should we do.......

OK please lets get it out of our minds that Marion Barber will be included in the trade....Jerry Jones want Mcfadden as the feature back with marion barber sharing time with him....so with that said .if we do win the 3rd pick(i know we will get it) and we all know Mcfadden will fall to that spot...would you trade the 3rd pick for there two 1st round pick,2009 second round pick,and Bobby Carpenter(they are trying to trade him)

If you would do this trade....what do you think the first 3 rounds will look like for us... and if you dont like the trade.... tell me why

Yes I would but I'd be surprised if they'd do it.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the 'Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones' alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the 'Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it's clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office and coaching staff. If that's true it wouldn't surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.

Ask yourself this question? Do you think Arthur Blank wants to help Jerry Jones right now? He helped him lose a coach, to Arkansas, which probably be a good thing in the end. The only way Arthur would do any deal with them, is where it would FALL heavily in the falcons favor. ;) And even then Arthur might just take Mcfadden, Just so Jerry can't have him.:P

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/...ovets_dmac.html

and

One of the rumors making the rounds at the Senior Bowl this week is that the Dallas Cowboys are shopping former first-round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter according to the Dallas Morning News.

Carpenter simply isn't a fit in a 3-4 defense, which makes Bill Parcells' decision to pick him pretty puzzling. Carpenter couldn't get on the field in any of the Cowboys' defensive packages this season but was a solid special teams player. He wasn't considered a reach when the Cowboys drafted him 19th overall two years ago, so some 4-3 teams might be interested.

Spears isn't a bad player, but he hasn't lived up to his first-round billing. If the Cowboys get rid of Spears, Jay Ratliff could take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson forming a good NT tandem.

Source: Dallas Morning News

atljbo (1/27/2008)
ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the 'Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones' alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the 'Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it's clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office and coaching staff. If that's true it wouldn't surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.

It is jan 27th and the draft is at the end of april.Deals like that dont go down until mid april.Sounds like some post senior bowl garbage.Teams dont give prospects away for half of their value.I have heard this rumor for a while this is far from credible.Its the arkansas connection and cowboy favoritism that they dream this stuff up.

atljbo (1/27/2008)
What should we do.......

Quality over Quantity. We cant draft 22 starters this year, you got to build through free agency too, so no I would not trade the pick.

according to the article it sounds as though the fins are already working on a deal. as for your proposal, most of the guys i want are ranked in the 10-20 range, so i dont think i would be too interested. a better situation would be a slight trade down and adding a 2nd round pick to our cache.

GEORGIAfan (1/27/2008)
why would brohm wear 4? wouldnt he wear 12? thats his number in college, and 4 is taken by leftwich.

how do we know that they want him, and also why the **** would we draft a qb in the 1st.

Brian Brohm at the 22nd pick is a steal....and i have posted a link from the dallas news paper and espn that says they want him.....Also leftwich will be gone...he is taking up 2.7 million of the cap so must likely we will cut him....and the number of his jersey doesn't really matter

atljbo (1/27/2008)

wow, that is a trip.

atljbo (1/27/2008)
What should we do.......

i really like this idea and that we still get a Qb in the first really would make me happy one thing y would we draft a FS/CB in 2nd round i think we'd go another way there but crazy stuff like that happens

atljbo (1/27/2008)
ESPN's Chris Mortensen

you could have stopped right there. 90% of what that imbecile says is wrong. in fact, i don't know if he's ever reported a rumor that actually came true. the guy's a gibbering idiot, i wouldnt put any faith at all in what he says.

as for your idea, if dallas gave us both their 1st rd pix and threw in a 3rd, i would probably go for it. we would likely be able to pick up 2 of the 3 of the following: williams (vandy OT), Moore (DT Maryland), or mendenhall (illinois pwr RB) with those picks. 1 of the 3 would probably be gone (most likely mendenhall), but we still get 2 great players either way. plus we have 2 more picks in each of the following rounds, and thats assuming kerney doesnt net us a 3rd rd pick. if not we probably get a 4th for him, which means we have two picks in each of the 1st 4 rounds. hard to be unhappy with a situation like that. we'd get 4 great prospects to patch some of our holes all in the first 2 rds of the draft. we could address both the OL and DL, as well as MLB with 3, then go FS or something like that as well.

hawkeyes (1/27/2008)
atljbo (1/27/2008)
What should we do.......

Quality over Quantity. We cant draft 22 starters this year, you got to build through free agency too, so no I would not trade the pick.

i disagree with that.......production wise...you will not see a big difference in the production from McFadden then from some of the other backs in this draft....a 1200 rusher is a 1200 yard rusher....it doesnt matter how you do it

atljbo (1/27/2008)
hawkeyes (1/27/2008)
atljbo (1/27/2008)
What should we do.......

i disagree with that.......production wise...you will not see a big difference in the production from McFadden then from some of the other backs in this draft....a 1200 rusher is a 1200 yard rusher....it doesnt matter how you do it

A 1200 RUSHER IS DIFFERENT FROM ANOTHER 1200 YD RUSHER.

WE HAVE ON ON OUR ROSTER.

WHY GET A 1200 WHEN YOU CAN GET A 1600