Michael Boley

The Falcons and Boley started to talk about a contract extension almost two months ago, and we still havent reached an agreement, which is a cause for concern. If we allow Boley to leave, which would be a terrible decision on our part, would you guys forgive our team if we slapped him with a first and third round tender? We could use those picks to our advantage, and Nicholas could be our LOLB next year seeing how he can play all three LB positions.

I personally hope that we don't even have to think about slapping him with a first and third round tender. We NEED to re-sign him. He is a playmaker, which we dont have many of.

i refuse to believe that we won't resign boley. i know we've made some mistakes as a franchise, but a promising, YOUNG, team player, great character guy is exactly what we need for our rebuilding process. i might have my blinders on, but i cannot fathom how we could not resign boley.

Not only that, we have an incredibly talented defense and are not that far away from it being extremely competitive.

i also think a big reason for him not resiging yet was his desire to see how the coaching search went. he was in flowery branch the day smith got there for the press conference, and spoke with him before the pc. i think he wanted to wait and see who we hired and if he would want to play for them.

I don't want to see Michael Boley go anywhere either, but I would be ok with

the 1st and 3rd, especially if it doesn't look like we can get the long term deal

before the end of the upcoming season.

My guess, however, is the Saints draft either Keith Rivers or Kenny Phillips.

Their second round would probably be Cornerback, considering its depth in this

draft, assuming they don't go with someone like Mike Jenkins in the 1st.

the team is really concerned we can just slap the franchise tag on him. As long as we can get a deal in place he wont ever see that inflated 1 year salary.

It would prevent any ther team from being able to take him from us in RFA. I think he is worth more than some team like NYG (losing OLBs in FA this year) giving us a #30 and #95 or so.

relax dudes, he is a RFA. even if another team tries to sign him, Falcons can match their offer. takes time to get all the terms of the contract worked out, and with the flurry of activity in trying to get a GM hired and coaching staff assembled, there just hasn't been enough time to sit down and work out a player's contract extension. Boley wants to be a Falcon for the long-term so that means a deal can and will get done.

Guys...I want to personally apologize to each and every one of you. Boley won't be back and it's all my fault. Here's why:

Here are the jerseys I've owned in the past:

Deion - Signed with the 49ers the next year

Rison - Left the next year

Jeff George - worst decision ever

Jamal Anderson - Blew out his knee the first time I wore it.

Vick - no explination needed.

I just ordered a customized Boley jersey this weekend. I'm truely sorry.

Farmer (1/29/2008)
Guys...I want to personally apologize to each and every one of you. Boley won't be back and it's all my fault. Here's why:

Buy a Byron Leftwich jersey?

Ethanga62890 (1/29/2008)
Farmer (1/29/2008)

Buy a Byron Leftwich jersey?

god i hope we can turn your jersey luck around, either that or wear an old throw back of tuggle, someone who's already retired