we will be this years cleveland brown in the draft..

falconsstomp

took joe thomas with their first pick, then came back and drafted brady quinn even though they didnt use him..even though there were so many playmakers the browns could of got, then got what they NEEDED, and not what they wanted..

similar to us, we draft jake long with our first pick, then in the 2nd round get a QB whether it be john david booty,flacco, josh johnson, andre woodson, dennis dixon, we have alot of choices so forget about all the talk about us takin mcfadden, yea it sounds good and that is a want right now, we have NEEDS to take care of first, not WANTS..if we can trade down a couple spots and still get jake long and pick up an extra 2nd, that would be even better..thoughts?

1)Jake Long is a top 2 pick

2)McFadden IS at at need position. We had one of the worst running games in the NFL.

I agree we could have one helluva draft though. Keep in mind we have two 2nd round picks and potentially 2 3rd round picks depending on how Kerney compensation works.

Five first day picks and if we play our cards right, we could come away with one helluva draft

busboyisback (1/27/2008)

2)McFadden IS at at need position. We had one of the worst running games in the NFL.

I agree we could have one helluva draft though. Keep in mind we have two 2nd round picks and potentially 2 3rd round picks depending on how Kerney compensation works.

true mcfadden is a need at that position, but this draft is too deep with running backs to put so much money into one as the first pick..look at cadillac williams, ive read on nfl.com and it said his career might be over with, with that injury that keep him out last season. running backs being picked in the first round have too much pressure on them to suceed, and a back cant suceed without a good offensive line, so that is why we need to take care of the line first. drafting a quarterback that early in the draft will make him look bad if we still decide to keep the line we have and once again everyone will start to question the front office.

Five first day picks and if we play our cards right, we could come away with one helluva draft

Dirty_DVD (1/27/2008)
Here is a possiblity:

The Falcons #3 + RB Dunn

A trade-down with The Cowboys.

1) Barber = tendered, but won't receive a new contract until he wins the job from Norwood.

2) NT - Spears

Cowboys 1st rounder = QB or OT.

2nd A) - OT

2nd B) - OC or BPA

I just don't think Jerry Jones just fell off the turnip truck and would trade anything much less barber for warrick Dunn. :P

falconsstomp (1/27/2008)
took joe thomas with their first pick, then came back and drafted brady quinn even though they didnt use him..even though there were so many playmakers the browns could of got, then got what they NEEDED, and not what they wanted..

similar to us, we draft jake long with our first pick, then in the 2nd round get a QB whether it be john david booty,flacco, josh johnson, andre woodson, dennis dixon, we have alot of choices so forget about all the talk about us takin mcfadden, yea it sounds good and that is a want right now, we have NEEDS to take care of first, not WANTS..if we can trade down a couple spots and still get jake long and pick up an extra 2nd, that would be even better..thoughts?

I agree with you!

busboyisback (1/27/2008)

I hate to have to tell you this but McFadden would not have don't much if any better behind our o line and we need a power back not a McFadden (people need to get it through their heads he is not a POWER BACK)

8-ball (1/28/2008)
busboyisback (1/27/2008)

I hate to have to tell you this but McFadden would not have don't much if any better behind our o line and we need a power back not a McFadden (people need to get it through their heads he is not a POWER BACK)

This reminds me of the hype centered around Bush. See where that gets you.

I say this every time but it is worth repeating.......................

Cleavland was a anomaly.....go back and look at the drafts since 01 and see how many OT/OG linemen actually made their team better.................I will save you time the list is SHORT.

for every 1 Joe Thomas there are FIVE Robert Gallery's, Kenyatta Walkers,Leonard Davis's,Jeff Backus's etc etc.

falconsd56 (1/28/2008)
I say this every time but it is worth repeating.......................

Cleavland was a anomaly.....go back and look at the drafts since 01 and see how many OT/OG linemen actually made their team better.................I will save you time the list is SHORT.

for every 1 Joe Thomas there are FIVE Robert Gallery's, Kenyatta Walkers,Leonard Davis's,Jeff Backus's etc etc.

LOL!!!

falconsstomp (1/27/2008)

Actually I believe we will. Before becoming a high profile team, we've got to focus on the basics first. Football starts up front. When you're solid up front, you're solid everywhere. This is why I know we won't make QB a primary unless one of those guys possess something that I just haven't seen. I just don't see 1st round talent in any of them. Josh Johnson is a sleeper, but Matt Ryan is no more than Jake Delhomme in my opinion ... a solid QB that you don't have to draft early.

Legion (1/28/2008)
8-ball (1/28/2008)
busboyisback (1/27/2008)

There's a difference though. Bush was on a college all star team **** near. McFadden was like Vick in college ... a one man show.

This reminds me of the hype centered around Bush. See where that gets you.

There's a difference though. Bush was on a college all star team **** near. McFadden was like Vick in college ... a one man show.

I think we take a DT with our first pick and get an OT with one of our 2nd round picks.

there are lineman that can be taken in 3rd or 4th round that can and will be just as successful. we don't NEED to spend a top 5 pick on Oline. The Dline will be in trouble in the eyes of our new coach. He is defensive minded and will lobby at getting the guy who will make him more successful quicker and a DT will do that for our team. Look what happened for the Texans when the got the DT from louisville, it made their previous DE 1st round pick better and he became a force. They still need OLine because the QBs stayed beat up, but they contended in a division with Indy, Jax, Tenn. 3 teams made the playoffs and the texans contended. baltimore and cincy had off years this year and that kind of inflates their win totals.

falconsstomp (1/27/2008)

the problem is not one of the QBs you listed is a 2nd round pick IMO. Brohm, Henne or Flacco are the only QBs I see going in the top 2 rounds (besides Ryan obviously).

I don't think that there's a tackle worth taking after Long and I expect him to be gone.

I want either Ellis or Dorsey. A good defensive line is essential to having a good overall defense and Ellis and Dorsey are the two best prospects in the draft at any position.

Since I don't think that Coleman will be around too much longer (always hurt, erratic at best production) and we don't know what Lewis' status is, it just makes sense to take a player who could be absolutely dominant for us on the interior.

Then take a tackle and a quarterback with our two second round picks and we're in much better shape than we were.

Direwolf