we will draft mcfadden come hell or high water

Jeffrey Olney

If Mcfadden is there, when we draft, we don't know what were going to get still? 3,4, or 5 our luck. :P If Mcfadden is there, I bet we would grab him, but if Oakland is in front of us, Hes gone. He would put butts in the seats, so from a economics point of view. It would be a win win even though, long run, I would rather us draft, Dorsey, Ellis or Long, if Mcfadden is gone. ;)

Jeffrey Olney (1/27/2008)
i think we will he is a perfect fit for this team we have an aging runningback a coach in smith that is a power running type of guy and a offensive coordinator that loves trick plays and mcfadden can throw so that would be to our advantage to take mcfadden who agrees.:P

Yeah and you know Shockley is going to be the starter next year cause he is the only one that can run Malarkey's offense with the play action and trick plays. Shockley had the best 2 QB coaches in college at teaching playaction and roll outs in Mike Bobo and Mark Richt.

I think we do draft DMaC because Smith has got to be a fan of the two RB tandem in JAX. They had the pounding runner with breakout potential, Taylor, and the elusive home runner hitter in MJD. DMac and Norwood would give us that tandem. DL is a position I think we can fill later in the draft, but great RB's are hard to come by, and they are also a position that can completely change the game. DMac seems to have all the tools to be a great runner, and I think he'd be well worth a top 5 pick.

Jeffrey Olney (1/27/2008)
i think we will he is a perfect fit for this team we have an aging runningback a coach in smith that is a power running type of guy and a offensive coordinator that loves trick plays and mcfadden can throw so that would be to our advantage to take mcfadden who agrees.:P
i will take rashard mendenhall and mike hart over mcfadden. go to this link and check out mcfadden stats by team. http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/...ayerpage/565805

Twinblade (1/27/2008)
RB class may be deep but you still take the best RB in the draft, no questions asked, thats like passing up on LT once again.

Is he really the best running back in the draft? He may be the most athletic but I would trade down and take Stewart or Mendenhall over McFadden. As quality rbs go anyway. McFadden is NO bruiser.

oregonfan (1/27/2008)
Twinblade (1/27/2008)
RB class may be deep but you still take the best RB in the draft, no questions asked, thats like passing up on LT once again.

Is he really the best running back in the draft? He may be the most athletic but I would trade down and take Stewart or Mendenhall over McFadden. As quality rbs go anyway. McFadden is NO bruiser.

McFadden > Stewart

McFadden > Mendenhall

I think I would choose a RB that has played against the SEC. The toughest conference in college football.

We don't even know what position we will draft from, so your guarantee is on thin ice. I was completely sold on this guy a month ago, but with so many very good RB's in this years draft, I am a little shaky on taking this guy with our first pick. I don't think it would be a bad pick for us, but I think we could do better.

I think I am officially on the Sedric Ellis bandwagon. But really, as long as we get a player of need with that first pick, then go Falcons.

stoned_jc7 (1/28/2008)
We don't even know what position we will draft from, so your guarantee is on thin ice. I was completely sold on this guy a month ago, but with so many very good RB's in this years draft, I am a little shaky on taking this guy with our first pick. I don't think it would be a bad pick for us, but I think we could do better.

I think I am officially on the Sedric Ellis bandwagon. But really, as long as we get a player of need with that first pick, then go Falcons.

We already have a McFadden type back don't we? Didn't he play in the SEC (Norwood)?