For Those who read Spiderman and Marvel !!! They have messed the Wall-Crawler up big time this time !!!

Let me first say that it took years to recover from the chaos of the Clone Saga, and we Spiderman fans finally got to the point where we enjoyed reading the adventures of everybodies everyday local Superhero Peter Parker aka Spiderman once again.

The Stories even seemed to get better and better as Spiderman joined the New Avengers, mutated into a real Spider, frought dangerous new enemies inculding Morland who struck at Spiderman by threatening Mary Jane, Peter grew sick and it was found that his mutated blood was changing and a mutant gene was becoming active which soon killed him, a Cocoon formed around him which protected his body and after two weeks it hatched and a new Spiderman emerged and one with a more powerful Spidersense, the ability to shoot organic webs, along with heighted Strength, Stingers in his forearms, and nightvision, not to speak of a new ability to commiucate with Spiders on their level much the same way Batman does with bats. Then came the reveal of his Sercet ID during the Civil War, and longtime enemies inculding the Kingpin planned their own revenge against the Webhead.

Aunt May was shot by a bullet from one of the Kingpins assasins and one intended for Peter Parker whose Spidersense allowed him to avoid the danger. May was in a coma and near death and Parker pulled out all the stops to try and save her but what he ended up doing is unforgivable and totally unexceptable.

I have always been a Spiderman fan, and have always enjoyed his story above that of anyother character either in the book or Movie universe. Now they have did the one thing that would not only destroy the Character of Spiderman, they have turned off a **** of a lot of longtime readers...........................So F U MARVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved seeing Spiderman married to Mary Jane, I loved the Character of Mary Jane, and to write her out the way you slimeballs did will never be forgiven and I will never read or buy or spend another penny on anything Marvel until you idiots Correct this and make it RIGHT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If that is even possible)..................NUFF SAID !~!!!!!

:angry:

77 (1/27/2008)
Let me first say that it took years to recover from the chaos of the Clone Saga, and we Spiderman fans finally got to the point where we enjoyed reading the adventures of everybodies everyday local Superhero Peter Parker aka Spiderman once again.

The Stories even seemed to get better and better as Spiderman joined the New Avengers, mutated into a real Spider, frought dangerous new enemies inculding Morland who struck at Spiderman by threatening Mary Jane, Peter grew sick and it was found that his mutated blood was changing and a mutant gene was becoming active which soon killed him, a Cocoon formed around him which protected his body and after two weeks it hatched and a new Spiderman emerged and one with a more powerful Spidersense, the ability to shoot organic webs, along with heighted Strength, Stingers in his forearms, and nightvision, not to speak of a new ability to commiucate with Spiders on their level much the same way Batman does with bats. Then came the reveal of his Sercet ID during the Civil War, and longtime enemies inculding the Kingpin planned their own revenge against the Webhead.

Aunt May was shot by a bullet from one of the Kingpins assasins and one intended for Peter Parker whose Spidersense allowed him to avoid the danger. May was in a coma and near death and Parker pulled out all the stops to try and save her but what he ended up doing is unforgivable and totally unexceptable.

I have always been a Spiderman fan, and have always enjoyed his story above that of anyother character either in the book or Movie universe. Now they have did the one thing that would not only destroy the Character of Spiderman, they have turned off a **** of a lot of longtime readers...........................So F U MARVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved seeing Spiderman married to Mary Jane, I loved the Character of Mary Jane, and to write her out the way you slimeballs did will never be forgiven and I will never read or buy or spend another penny on anything Marvel until you idiots Correct this and make it RIGHT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If that is even possible)..................NUFF SAID !~!!!!!

:angry:

Comic books were great when they were just made for kids. When adults started collecting them, that's when the writers an editors lost their minds. The stories and characters became adult themed, thus taking all the fun out of collecting and reading them. I could never let my kids read what being published today by DC, Marvel, Image etc. Spidey used to be fun to read, but judging from your description of the new comic, not so much.

Comics can be a very entertaining read for fans or a great hobby for collectors but I myself follow the stories as a reader and also a collector, I have a photograhic memory and a urge to entertain my mind in various ways and comics allows me to escape the everyday norm of life every once in a while.

Peter Parker is supposed to be written as a everyday man with the common struggles of any everyday person now in his early twenties, but the books should seek to allow him to grow up and his Powers should allow him to mature, instead the writers every few years or so want to turn him back into the Teenage geek that he was when he first aquired his Spider -Powers. Peter Parker is no longer a geek, for anyone who has followed his story, he has saved more lifes and defeated more villians single handly then any other hero in the known universe. In other words he has grown up, fallen in love and married a Beautiful woman who also loves him...............There is NOTHING That could force them apart...........NOTHING and for Marvel to do it is downright SICKENING !!!!!!

I hope all Spiderman Fans everywhere now stops buying the books and stops reading the continued stories of this Brand New Day CRAP and maybe, just maybe the writers will get the freaking picture. OTHERWISE.........GO BANKRUPT MARVEL and stop making CRAPPY MOVIES WHILE YOU ARE AT IT !!!!!

I´ve heard about this new storyline ( here in germany you dont get the comics ) - let´s just say I´m able to get them through "different channels".

After the reading civil war event and heard about the M-Day I began to question what the guys at Marvel are up to. Sure its hard to write something new and making the characters more realistic but both of these event were way to much.

How can you destroy the X-Men universe by reducing the number of mutants to about 100 ???? At least the X-Men count into this 100 with at least 20. Where´s the sense in this ?

As much as I loved the political message in civil war but what comes after that ? Its always great to see a big battle but IIRC the ending of any story after these can only be:

1. You´ll go to the negative zone jail if you dont register or are a criminal

OR

2. You´ll become one of us ( registered heroes ).

Both may have been great story lines but nobody at Marvel seems to have thought about the aftermath.

Since Stan is gone they seem to have a weekly meeting like this:

boss: "hey guys"

writers: "any idea what to do today"

boss: "we need a new story line - try something new"

writers: "we could nuke to whole universe with an insane radioactive man ! - Nobody survives !"

boss: "Sound great - lets do it"

Twinblade (1/27/2008)
I used to collect comic books.

So did I as a kid. Now as an adult, I'm back to collecting again. Well, actually, since I got back into reading Spider-Man and now, Spider-Girl, I had to get a box to "collect" them in.:P

I'll leave them to my nephew eventually.

My brother is huge, well was huge, into Spider-man and he had really stopped reading for years and this whole Mary Jane thing has turned him totally off of the book. In fact I know several Spidey fans at my local comic book shop that have stopped reading. It was a horrible decision and frankly Marvel deserves to be roasted for it.

The only books still left on my pull list are Moon Knight, Exiles, Green Lantern and the various Green Lantern books. I did have Cable & Deadpool but now that Deadpool is off that book I have zero interest in Cable to keep reading it. I would however buy a Deadpool comic if he got another monthly series.

I am still seething from Marvel wussing out on the whole proposed X-Men future storyline snafu - the X-men were supposed to be killed by a traitor in their ranks - we were even teased with a video of Jean Grey's last moments before she died - well that event came and went and Marvel couldn't go through with it -- instead the mutants lived and some of the Marvel regular heroes went into a pocket universe for a year (when they were supposed to have died as well) before they returned and a few months later everything was as it was from the start

I am in the minority here but, I think it was an excellent storyline. It was something that needed to happen. After the whole Spidey revealing himself to the world debacle, something had to be done. Also this will make for a great few years of story telling as we work our way back to them remembering what happened...

http://www.superherosketch.com